Can't do it.

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Erin80
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2013, 06:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just can't move Lilah to her room. She's still sleeping in her bassinet, but she's really outgrowing it quickly now. She should be in her crib. I asked DH yesterday what he thinks about bringing the crib into our room.......and he didn't totally shoot down the idea. I have NO clue what my issue is. I don't know if it's because she's my last baby and I'm in total denial that she's getting bigger, or what......I didn't have THIS hard of time moving my other two (14 weeks and 9 weeks).
I love having Lilah beside me, I just don't want her to leave!
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
September 21st, 2013, 09:17 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Erin, same with me! I briefly considered moving the crib into our room. But then I got it together and started with a baby step - naps in the crib. I think you need to start with this. I did this for at least a week before I tried putting her to sleep for the night in the crib. It wasn't as bad as I thought. The crib is larger and she has more space to move around. The mattress is firmer and better for her back. She probaly sleeps better. That's how I'm getting through it. And now I can actually turn lights on in our room since she is not in there to sleep! I can get more done - like folding laundry! Hehe.
September 22nd, 2013, 04:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't start with naps in her crib because she will only nap in her swing......which really sucks. If I had lots of time, I'd try to get her out of the swing and into her crib, but I have my 2 1/2 yr old home with me during the day, so I don't have time to be running up and down the stairs trying to get Lilah to sleep. Eventually I'll have to deal with it though, I know.

This morning is a perfect example of one of the reasons I don't want to move her. She woke up at 5:10am, WIDE awake, wanting to get up. DH put the soother back in her mouth and laid with his hand on her chest for a while, and eventually she went back to sleep. If she was in her own room, we'd have to be standing there doing that. She's still sleeping now at 7:10am, though she's stirred since and woken up a bit, so DH has just given her her soother each time. We are definitely going to get less sleep when she's in her crib.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
September 22nd, 2013, 08:16 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Well then maybe you don't move her out? But will it be harder to move her out when she's older? The older they get, the harder it may be and then you're stuck. Think about it.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.
September 22nd, 2013, 08:51 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
I totally get it. There are pros and cons to both sides. I think when both you AND Lilah are ready, you'll make the move. And yes, it may be more difficult down the road once she's got the whole "object permanence" skill down, but you can cross that bridge when you get to it.

It's been so nice being able to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without holding my breath and tip-toeing like a ninja. Also, Claire slept from 7:30 pm to 7:15 am last night in her crib, with one feeding at 2 am...which I don't think she'd have done in our room with DH getting up at 5 for work and making noise. I do miss our morning snuggles, though. On the weekends I used to keep her in bed with me after the morning feeding, and it was my favorite time of day.
September 22nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm right there with you. We have a nice sized cradle in our room but when she can pull herself into a standing position, that will no longer be safe. I just want to cry thinking about moving her in a separate room! I asked DH about putting her crib in our room and he told me that I might be setting us up for future problems where Anna will only ever want to sleep in our room but, honestly, I don't care!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search