So frustrated

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2013, 09:45 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Hi,

I'm just at a loss about Lexi's nighttime sleeping. I'm so frustrated and tired. I see no end in sight. She is waking on average, 3 times a night now, full on starving. Last night it was 11:00 pm, 3:00 am, 6:00 am, and restless at 8 am. It has been like this for at least a month. On our vacation which was mid August, she slept from 9-5:30 pm almost every night. I don't know what changed. Since we've been back, it's now 2-4 times a night. I feel like we are back to the newborn stage. Please tell me I'm not alone? Now I'm worried she is devloping bad nighttime sleep habits!
September 28th, 2013, 09:58 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before becoming a mom I had no idea that a baby's sleep pattern could change so much. Last month as I mentioned Grady was waking up 3-4 times a night. Now he's back down to 2. I say just let it take its course and it will get better. Not fun though!

September 28th, 2013, 10:39 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could help. Kody still wakes 5-6 times a night. Last night I swaddled him, haven't done that in forever---he slept from 9pm to 2am and I thought I had found the magic trick---but then he woke every hour after that until 7am.
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Last edited by EverydayJoy; September 28th, 2013 at 10:42 AM.
September 28th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Veteran
Brian still wakes up at least twice a night. He has never even come close to sleeping through the night. I used to really let it get to me and get so frustrated at the lack of progress with sleeping but have now just accepted I will be up twice at night and he will eventually keep through when he is ready. I'm going back to work next week though so will probably have a totally different opinion once I'm working and getting up all night
September 28th, 2013, 10:51 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I guess I'm also frustrated bc my son was sleeping 7-8 hr stretches by 3 months. And he was sleeping through 7 pm-7 am by 5 months. I was hoping she would do the same.

Melissa, how long was Grady waking up 3-4 times a night?
September 28th, 2013, 05:07 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good question. I think it was about 3 weeks. Funny how time dulls the memory!

September 28th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lilah is a bad sleeper at night. She used to wake just once to eat, but now she's waking up constantly because she needs her soother......it's a bad, bad habit we've gotten ourselves into. My other two girls didn't sleep through until they were 13 months, when I weaned them from their middle of the night feed, so I'm used to babies not sleeping through. However, my other two would wake once for bottle and that was it. Lilah wakes up over and over again, and if you don't stick the soother in her mouth fast enough, she stays awake. It's bad. She's also up EARLY in the morning - like 5:30 or 6am, even after being up a ton in the night.

I don't know what to do about it, but you're not alone with being up so much. She only eats one time in the night (breast milk in a bottle - I give her 5oz when she wakes), the rest of the time it's just waking for the soother. She's very restless.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
September 28th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Brock's minion
Kary I'm with you!! Brock was a sound 12 hour guy from about 8 weeks and since he has been sick I feel like he's not sleeping at all. He's going to bed at 10:30 instead of 8 and waking about 6am instead of 8am. He's restless all night and naps happen seldom some days never. It's been a week and I'm more exhausted now than I was with my newborn. This has to end, my heart is breaking for my little guy. I hope you guys get back on pattern very soon.

Michelle
September 28th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've never had a full night of sleep, but we've 2 or 3 7 hour nights! We are back in a bad way, so we are on again with co sleeping, which gets ME the most amount of rest! I was shown a string that was measured out to 80 inches. Each inch represented a year, and them we tagged what 18 years was (the length our children will be at home) then in that 5 years, the length of time before they are in school you get the idea... when looking at the very worst case of baby being 2 years before sleeping through the night it really doesn't seem like much time at all! The point of the object lesson was to show us that we don't have long to spend cuddling our babies so even in the middle of the night we should savour it........... That doesn't stop me from wanting to wrap the string around that lady's neck on the 5h time we've gotten up in the night, but it really did make me feel so much better most days!
EverydayJoy and Mrsbowbin like this.

September 28th, 2013, 10:20 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I just want to enjoy the baby stage and I can't bc I am so darn tired all the time!!
rheaimedved likes this.
September 29th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry, Kary.
September 29th, 2013, 02:22 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm with you, Kary! I can't wait for this stage to be over.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search