Fell off the couch :(

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kurly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Super Mommy
Wyatt fell off the couch today. I had him on his belly on the chaise (sp?) portion of the couch. I was over near the kitchen ironing his tie as we were 5 minutes from walking out the door to church. All the sudden I heard a thump and heard my husband yell. I looked over and he was GONE. I screamed and then he started screaming. From what I pieced together, he rolled to the left onto his back and then did a backflip in the air and landed back on his head/belly. Fell about a foot and a half onto carpet. No marks and no broken bones, but I FREAKED out. He cried for about 5 minutes until I gave him a bottle. We have been watching him all day- it's been about 4 hours. My husband used to be a football coach, so he knows how to watch/check for concussions.

I hate myself right now.
September 29th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh gosh, that's so scary. I'm glad he's ok! Don't feel bad though, stuff like that happens to EVERYONE!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
September 29th, 2013, 04:54 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor Wyatt, and poor you! Sometimes, things like that are harder on Mom and Dad than the baby! I'm glad he's ok. I agree that it happens to lots of parents! Good thing babies are resilient!
I know you don't need to hear this now, because it already happened, but my mom said a nurse told her, "Babies can't fall off the floor." Safest place for them!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 29th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Brock's minion
Poor baby, hey Momma chin up it can and will happen to all of us. Lesson learned!!

Michelle
September 29th, 2013, 06:04 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
My middle guy rolled off a 4-foot bed onto hardwood at 5 months. I felt like the worst mother on earth. I was right in the room.

It happens. To everyone. Babies are totally resilient. It's good you watched him. We did too (and called the doc). But chances are that he is completely a-okay.

Try not to beat yourself up over it.
September 30th, 2013, 10:26 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! Glad he's okay

September 30th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks everyone. He is absolutely fine today, so I think we are safe. Lesson learned FOR SURE. I guess it happens to a lot of babies- thank goodness they are so bendy, lol.
EverydayJoy likes this.
September 30th, 2013, 11:15 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm so sorry you experienced that - I can understand your sheer panic and reaction. I'm glad he's ok! I have been way more lax with my second, leaving her on the bed when I probably shouldn't. This is a good wake up call for all of us!
October 1st, 2013, 06:01 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it makes you feel any better over a month ago Roman got pushed off of the ottoman while in his bouncy seat and hit his head on the floor. I started bawling and ended up taking him to the ER the next evening for peace of mind bc I was so paranoid everytime he spit up that it was possibly related to a head injury. Thankfully hes perfectly fine. Im sorry you had such a scare!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search