Update on us

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By misty3281

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2013, 04:29 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This whole situation is starting to tick me off. We finally got an adjustors assistant to come out and do everything to send to the insurance Thursday last week. He sent it to the actual adjustor so we called yesterday to check on it and the adjustor is in New York doing flood claims so who knows how long it'll be. We also found out the guy that came out didn't turn in our contents list with everything else so we are calling him today to check on that. Both guys have been really nice though and have answered their phones every time we've called. Had a couple of contractors come out yesterday so we should have estimates in a couple of days on damages. The assistant that came out said it looked like $50-60k in damages. Good times. I'm going over there today just to clean. I know it's not much? but I just figure if all that's left to do is have guys come in and work I'll feel better.

DH's last day of work was the day all this happened, so I officially started working ER nights every other Friday and Saturday night 12 hour shifts. I'll admit I cried the first night before I left Avery, but I did kind of enjoy having adult conversations and the little break I got from being constantly in demand from her. They laughed at me, but I brought my pump to do every 6 hours while there. I offered it as creamer if anyone needed. lol

In happier news, Avery is exploring more and more foods and loving it. I was drinking something the other day and she put both hands on my glass and opened her mouth wide trying to take it out of my mouth for her to drink so we're going get a sippy cup to try. It was the cutest thing. Little stinker also decided she loves a cheapie toy I bought a couple of years ago when watching my nephew. She flipped from back to tummy several times yesterday trying to get to it. She had done it in her sleep before, but never while awake. I was all excited. She's also almost sitting up. She grabs our hands and tries to pull herself up. I love this little girl.

Anyway, that's how my life is going right now. Hope everyone is doing well. I do get on here and read posts sometimes, just too much going on to post much these days. Hopefully life gets back to normal soon.
kurly likes this.
October 1st, 2013, 01:04 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Misty - thanks for the update! Been thinking about you. I hope that the work you guys have to do on the house will not be much higher than the adjuster assesses. Sometimes that happens and it stinks. Where are you guys living now? Is Avery taking a bottle ok while you're gone? I'm kind of jealous of your "break" lol, even though you're at work. Good job, Avery, on rolling over from back to tummy! Lexi hasn't done this yet and I've been eagerly awaiting!
October 1st, 2013, 03:02 PM
We're living with my grandma right now. She has a large house and lives alone so she's enjoying it. Especially all the time she's getting with prissy. Avery did great while I was gone, actually made me a little mad. She slept 9 hours Friday night and 10 hours Saturday night. Naturally when I have her again Sunday night she keeps waking up. Little snot.
October 1st, 2013, 05:18 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Wow - 9-10 hours? Omg, I can't wait for my turn! Last night Lexi was only up twice. Much better than the 3-4 times of the past month! She definitely brought my supply up, though, bc I was so engorged all day today. So maybe it was a growth spurt. What is little miss priss going to be for Halloween? Lexi is going to be a banana to go with her older brother's Curious George costume!
October 1st, 2013, 06:36 PM
Awww! That's a cute costume idea. With everything going on I hadn't given much thought to Halloween and then October snuck up on me. We're gonna go to a Halloween store tomorrow actually and look for costumes for both girls. DH said DSD was crying on the way to school this morning saying she misses her room and her stuff so we're gonna get both girls out of the house for something fun tomorrow.
October 2nd, 2013, 12:17 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the update. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all that crap. Glad living with you grandmother hasn't been too bad. I hope you can get back in your place asap!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search