Sleep Training Help

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2013, 07:54 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies, I need help. Roman is starting to want to be held by me ALL of the time more and more. It's just with me as he doesn't do it with daycare workers, DH, my mom or anyone else. Even if he's sound asleep during the day he wants me holding him the whole time. It's starting to be exhausting. As much as I love his snuggles I need to start teaching him as gently as possible to be okay with sleeping alone. Napping needs to magically re-appear in this household!

Someone posted a link on here that I really want to find again! It was to a timeline of what ages were the best to start sleep training babies and what ages weren't ideal to try it based on their development at each stage. Anyone remember what I'm talking about? I can't find it anywhere. TIA!

October 1st, 2013, 09:55 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I don't remember that post! Maybe it's mommy brain on my part---sorry!

But I think a little gentle sleep training is in order. Could try "fuss it out" vs. CIO. Letting him fuss for a bit, but if he starts crying in earnest, to go in and soothe him, trying to soothe him without picking him up...and just keep doing that for as long as it takes to get him to sleep. I think that after a few days you should start seeing results, at least from what I've heard! I never sleep trained my kids (yet) so I can't offer any personal experience.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 2nd, 2013, 06:38 AM
It was like a table at the top with different ages and beside it said if that age range was optimal or not ideal for sleep training. Searched all night for it. I wish I remembered who posted it.

Im trying to take some dmall steps and hope to see improvement. I had to resort to CIO with DS1 and it was two to three nights of torture. Romans much too young IMO and Id rather not do that if I dont have to.

Last night I held strong and rocked him back to sleep instead of nursing him to sleep like he wanted at his 11 waking. He screamed and protested for a goid ten minutes then fell asleep for DH. I nursed him the rest of his wakings. Tonight Im going to try to do the same but also try not to nurse him to sleep to begin with. If he zonks out Ill try to wake him a bit before putting him down. He just needs to stop using me as a pacifier.

October 2nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Teaching Your Baby and Toddler To Sleep - BabyCenter

This site has TONS of information on sleep training, including the chart you're looking for.

Here's a link to how to sleep train without CIO:

How to sleep train without CIO - BabyCenter

As a different perspective, here's a chart that the Troublesome Tots guru goes by:

Who Else Wants to Know the Best Time for CIO? - Troublesome Tots
October 2nd, 2013, 07:49 AM
Super Mommy
I remember that. Couldn't find it on our board, but found this on google. Wasn't this it?

When to Sleep Train | Hellobee
October 2nd, 2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurly View Post
I remember that. Couldn't find it on our board, but found this on google. Wasn't this it?

When to Sleep Train | Hellobee
Yayyyy!!! Thank you girl.
Thanks for all the links I think I read some last night but will make sure. Id live any tips you ladies may have.

October 2nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no tips because I'm horrible at sleep training lol. I let him go down with his paci and usually rock him to sleep these days. I hope the links work for you!

October 2nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Ditto what Melissa said - I am awful at sleep training. One thing I do is put her down in her crib no matter what for naps and bedtime. I keep going in, though, to give her back her paci and a do quick soothe (I rub her belly and say, "shhhhh"). I do not pick her up, though. I do this for as long as it takes. I let her cry in between soothings. Eventually she conks out. But it can take up to 30 min.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search