Eyes & Hair, Likes & Dislikes

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2013, 08:14 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Just random baby questions:

Did baby's eye change since they were born? Anyone seeing a new color come out?

How's baby's hair situation? Growing, losing, changing colors?

What's baby's favorite thing to do/play with?

What does baby really not like?
October 10th, 2013, 12:03 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Did baby's eye change since they were born? Anyone seeing a new color come out? Still blue! I'm entirely too thrilled about that, as it is the ONLY thing she inherited from me. Everything else is her daddy.

How's baby's hair situation? Growing, losing, changing colors? Fuzzy! It's growing, slowly but surely. Right now it appears to be an indeterminate red/blonde/brown color. She still has a bit of cradle cap which is driving me crazy...I really need to get one of those exfoliating brushes.

What's baby's favorite thing to do/play with? Anything musical. The minute the music comes on she breaks out into a huge gummy baby grin...it's so cute. She's also a bit obsessed with the dogs...she follows them all around the room with her eyes. She's going to be a dog-stalker.

What does baby really not like? She's still not a huge fan of tummy time, although she can roll over sometimes now, so that helps. She's not a big fan of laying on her back unless I'm right over her making funny faces, or it's time to sleep/eat. She pretty much always wants to be sitting up so she can see the world.
October 10th, 2013, 01:45 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

They have gotten much bluer. I loooooooove them and he gets comments on them all the time from strangers.

How's baby's hair situation? Growing, losing, changing colors? We actually just gave him his first hair cut because it was out of control. He had this section on top that grew really long and gave him a comb over that blew in the wind. Definitely wasn't planning on cutting so soon but I think it had to happen.

He still loves his bouncey seat and the toys that go with it. He kicks them and they spin around. He also LOVES being outside.

Loud noises. Poor baby startles so easily and gets really upset.

October 10th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Brock's minion

Brock's have changed a lot. We went from blue to grey and are now green.

Brock lost lots of his hair but now he has a full head of dark brown hair (both my DH and I had very blonde hair as babies)

He's pretty easy but he loves anything musical and all car keys

Brock is super easy going so I can't think of anything.

Michelle
October 10th, 2013, 06:20 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Eyes: Jo's have gotten sooooo blue. She also gets comments from strangers too. Dhs are ice blue, but I assumed we couldn't/wouldn't get a blue based off of rudimentary genetics. But, it appears they are staying (I do want them to stay!)

Hair: Poor girlfriend looks ridiculous. She lost most of it, except a band around the bottom of dark brown and a bit at the crown, also dark brown. She has teeny sprigs from the follicles that are white blonde, but she looks dead bald from any distance more than 2 inches away. I can't wait til it grows more!

Likes: She loves her exersaucer. Thinks its the bees knees. Spins around and is very intent on her toys. She also loves to kick her legs. Anything she can kick to activate (playmat toys, kick gym) she loves.

Dislikes: Being unattended to. She will scream at me if I am not paying attention to her. It's funny and a bit maddening too.
October 10th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mason has defintiely changed but he still has my light brown hazel eyes. Same shape and color.

His hair is long but thin. It's really fine.

He LOVES to play with his toes and put his blanket over his head. He could do that for hours and not be tired.

He HATES getting his morning wash. Typical boy! Lol
He will cry like its murder. But once it's ll done he looks fresh! But it is a task..
October 10th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Did baby's eye change since they were born? Anyone seeing a new color come out? His eyes have always been very blue. They were darker at birth, but still brighter than most babies I've seen... Now they are bright blue, just like his daddy.
How's baby's hair situation? Growing, losing, changing colors?Still none! Really, he's never had any hair, and he's still such a baldie...I have no idea what colour it'll be either... his eyebrows and eyelashes have just started showing up too.
What's baby's favorite thing to do/play with?He loves just playing with people! He loves nothing more than when you pretend to "eat" his tummy.
What does baby really not like? Naps. Although I did see a thing today that made laugh out loud..... If a baby refuses to nap, are they resisting a rest? get it... I nearly died! I'm also extremely sleep deprived!
LabLover13 likes this.

October 11th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Did baby's eye change since they were born? Anyone seeing a new color come out? Her eyes are still blue, but they have gotten lighter. People are always commenting on them.

How's baby's hair situation? Growing, losing, changing colors? She lost some at first, but it's growing longer now. It started as a light brown color, but is now turning a little more blonde. My husband and I both had blondish hair when we were young and both have light brown hair now, and I'm guessing hers will be the same.

What's baby's favorite thing to do/play with? We bought her a cute octopus plushie that she seems to like. She's all smiles when my husband comes home because he doesn't get to spend too much time with her, but when he does, he's always playing with her.

What does baby really not like? She hates being left alone, even just for a minute. I usually have to distract her by turning the TV on loudly if I need to leave the room. She's still not very fond of tummy time...she basically always wants to either sit up or stand (with support).

October 11th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Did baby's eye change since they were born? Anyone seeing a new color come out? - Yes, her eyes darkened. They are brown, but not chocolate brown like my oldest daugthers....they're more hazel brown like mine.

How's baby's hair situation? Growing, losing, changing colors? - Finally growing in! There is a bald strip on the back of her head from sleeping on her back, but other than that, it's growing. It's very dark, but I expect it will lighten over time.

What's baby's favorite thing to do/play with? - Any rattle, blankets, loves her jolly jumper.

What does baby really not like? - The ERGO CARRIER. She HATES it. As soon as I try to put her in it, she freaks out. She used to live in it as a newborn, so I have no clue why she loathes it so much!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
October 11th, 2013, 08:57 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did baby's eye change since they were born? Anyone seeing a new color come out? Her eyes starting out a very dark blue or gray. Now they are mostly green, though sometimes they look a bit brown. I guess it's just a matter of waiting to see what their permanent color will be.

How's baby's hair situation? Growing, losing, changing colors? I think the color is the same. She lost a lot of hair in her first month but it is slowly filling back in and getting longer.

What's baby's favorite thing to do/play with? She loves her Sophie! She also has a musical jungle toy thing that she really enjoys. And she loves to be read to! She gets so attentive and just stares at the pictures.

What does baby really not like? - She doesn't like her car seat or being in a stroller. She gets herself so worked up if I try to go on a walk with her using the stroller!
October 11th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Theyre changing already. They look hazel now. So funny how different my two boys are already.

Still growing wild and staying dark. I love it! DH has been trying to cut iy since his birth but I will NOT hear anything of it!

We have "talks" and its so sweet to see his expressions and hear him trying to chat. Im also really enjoying nursing still. Such a special time for me since I wasn't able to nurse DS1.

He hates his carseat still.

October 14th, 2013, 03:39 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Remy's hair is still wild and out of control. My husband wont let me cut it. He only let me trim the bangs. His eyes are looking hazel these days but when the light hits them, they look dark gray...weird? He LOVES tummy time! He also loves just being held and hanging out with people. He has rolled from tummy to back a few time but doesn't do it all the time. He also hates loud noises and startles very easily.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
October 18th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Did baby's eye change since they were born? Anyone seeing a new color come out? They are still blue.

How's baby's hair situation? Growing, losing, changing colors?- it is still light brown, he is getting more, but still doesn't have much hair.

What's baby's favorite thing to do/play with? He loves staring at his mobile and talking to it, sticking his fist and blanket in his mouth, playing with his rattle(except when he hits himself with it), and the toys on his bouncy seat

What does baby really not like? the car seat and being put down after he has been held for awhile

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search