5 times

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2013, 08:16 AM
May 2013 Cohost
That's how many times Lexi was up last night for feeding.

She went down at 8 pm. Was up at 8:45 pm, 11:30 pm, 2:45 am, 4:00 am, and 6:30 am.

I tried formula in a bottle at the 8:45 pm feeding and it was a complete disaster. She couldn't get a proper latch, ended up with bad gas, and went ballistic. I ended up going back to the breast. All freaking night long.
October 13th, 2013, 09:49 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to say it but I would have loved to have had that kind of night's sleep. I'm sorry she's keeping you up so much. I hope tonight is better.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 13th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can relate! I hope we all start getting more sleep SOON. This is craziness!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
October 13th, 2013, 11:34 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Joy, what times does Kody wake? Let's commiserate!

I'm so tired I can't effectively parent or enjoy my older son. I don't do anything with him, I let his Dad do it all on weekends.
October 14th, 2013, 04:41 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
That is almost Remy's schedule exactly! EVERY NIGHT....

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
October 14th, 2013, 05:53 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Jeez, no wonder you aren't on much these days! You poor thing! Are you breastfeeding or doing formula?
October 14th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Kary, he wakes every hour for the first 2 or 3 hours, then I'll get a 2 hour stretch between midnight and 2am, and then he'll just toss and turn and moan off and on from then on, waking sometimes every hour or more.

October 14th, 2013, 06:35 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Jesus Christ, Joy, I'd be in an insane asylum if I dealt with that on a nightly basis. What do you think it is? Does he feed at each awakening?
October 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Yeah I already upped my antidepressants once, and it's still not enough so I'm going for counseling. I don't honestly know what it is, but it does seem to be the reflux, because it gets better when the medication seems to be working, and he does worse when it seems like they're not helping him. I'm currently waiting on my insurance to decide whether or not they want to pay for Nexium, so we're back on Zantac, which doesn't do a whole lot for him, so it's pretty bad right now. Just trying to hang in there, and not really doing anything social at all if I can help it.

October 14th, 2013, 07:36 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm so so sorry. So glad you are doing counseling - that is a huge step. Is it possible that the meds you are on could be interfering with Kody's sleep? Zantac is a joke, isn't it? What happened to Prevacid?
October 14th, 2013, 10:17 PM
I wondered if the meds were bothering him, so awhile back I did a 2 month stint of Zoloft instead of the Wellbutrin I was on, but it didn't seem to make a difference, and the Zoloft wasn't good enough, so I went back on Wellbutrin again.
Yes Zantac is a joke. The Prevacid worked for about a month and then pooped out on us. He gradually got worse and worse despite being on the maximum dose the doc would allow. So, on to the next med...I think we're going to be on the second-to-last one there is to try. I really hope it works.

October 14th, 2013, 11:47 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Did you ever try the hypoallergenic formula? We did that for about 5 days with my son and it was a miracle. Then we got him back on the breast and he started Prevacid. It just seemed to clear his tummy issues and reset him, if that makes sense. I think you can get free samples online or at the pedi. We used Alimentum.
October 15th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Kary, I can't get Kody to take a bottle, so I can't do formula. I bought some Alimentum hoping to feed it, but can't even get him to take breastmilk in a bottle. He went 9 hours without drinking or eating and still wouldn't take it.

October 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Oh yeah..whoops sorry. Keep trying the bottle? Or what about going directly to a sippy cup at 6 months? I think we may be headed in that direction.
October 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I have the attachments to convert my Avent bottles to sippies. I just boiled them up today, I was thinking the same thing, to see if he'd take a sippy. Maybe I'll put straight sugar water in it to sweeten the deal!

October 15th, 2013, 12:52 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah, maybe since the sippy cup is a novelty and totally different than the breast, he will take it? One can hope!
October 15th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Yeah Kary Ive been missing in action. Ive had a justmommies dry spell I guess. Since I started teaching and trying to finish up this one college class I have been crazy. My oldest son got really sick too but all is good now. Anyway....I still am breastfeeding but I try giving formula and cereal at night to fill him up. Doesn't seem to help. IDK??? All my kids were lousy sleepers why should he be different I guess.

October 15th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Jessica how many wakes does he give you a night?

October 16th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Well, last night I gave him his veggie (sweet potato) for dinner, then at about 7 I gave him cereal and he drank about 3 ounces of formula. He woke up twice....I think..lol. I had him in the bed with me. It was a better night though. The night before I ebf him the entire day and he was up about 5 times that night hungry. hmmmm.......gonna try filling up his belly every night.
EverydayJoy likes this.

October 16th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wonder if Lilah will sleep better once she starts eating food. She has always been a big eater - never goes longer than 2 1/2 hrs, and drinks 4oz of breast milk every time. She has a 5oz bottle in the night when she wakes up. She used to sleep until 2-3am before she was up to eat, but now she's up between 12-1am, then again between 5-5:30am for another bottle.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search