Swimming

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I took Arthur in the pool for the first time (indoors, heated) He seemed to really like it, but his absolute favourite part was the hot shower afterwards (he's never showered with me before) I was pretty worried about the chemicals in the pool but I just washed him off with lots of soap afterwards and he hasn't seemed to have any ill effects. The pool has lots of fun kid attractions, including a bubble area and a little fountain that was by far his favourite part. The pool also has waves every 30 mins or so, which he LOVED, however the alarm that sounded prior to them starting really scared him.

Have you taken your LOs swimming yet? How did they like the water? DH hates swimming/water but I love it! i really hope that my kids take after me and enjoy being in the water...... swimming lessons will be mandatory in our house, as I feel it's a life skill they'll need regardless if they like swimming, it would just be a bonus if they enjoy it!

October 16th, 2013, 10:34 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes we have been taking the kiddos to an indoor pool. Ethan (the oldest) loves it, and Kody seems to enjoy himself. I put him in the fabric baby carrier when we go and he gets to kick his feet in the water. He stays entertained for a long time.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 16th, 2013, 12:22 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Jo likes the water We swam in my moms pool a lot this summer. She prefers it warm (duh). So I'd bet she would love a heated pool. But me and DH like swimming and the boys do too. It's a big thing around here in the summer, lots of pools. I practically grew up in a pool. Lol. We will be doing swim lessons too.
October 16th, 2013, 01:00 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I haven't taken Lexi to any parent/child swim lessons yet, but will in the spring. They have to be 6 months here to start. I did it with my son from 6 months on. Now that he's 3, he's actually taking private swim lessons all fall. I'm hoping he learns to swim underwater by next summer.
October 16th, 2013, 05:35 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kary, just curious, what do they teach 6 month olds about swimming? Seems like they wouldn't be able to officially learn anything till they started talking, at least. Just in my mind, anyway. Is it just to get them familiar/comfortable with the water?

Ethan is 3 1/2, and we want to teach him to swim. If there were some free lessons on weekends, I'd have hubbs take him, but we can't afford to pay for lessons and I can't take him with having Kody.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Kary, just curious, what do they teach 6 month olds about swimming?.
oh you know, theory, history, philosophy...

we haven't taken misha swimming yet, but i'm excited to, sometime!
October 16th, 2013, 06:25 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lol. Yeah, it's really just a getting comfortable with the water class. A fun activity for parent and child! We do songs and show them motions wth arms and legs.
October 16th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took Roman in the pool when we went on vacation a few weeks back. He loves the water. I tried to sit in the sand and let him feel the cold ocean waves come up and he was not having that!!!! But the pool he enjoyed.

October 17th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've taken Joshua swimming a few times but our local pools not very warm he likes swimming but I haven't been in a while he's had a cold my older DD loves swimming and has had swimming lessons since she was 5 going to try and take them soon just wish the pool was warmer x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search