Wwyd?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By LabLover13
  • 3 Post By Erin80
  • 2 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By LabLover13
  • 2 Post By Erin80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lilah slept good last night - she went down around 7:20pm and slept solid until 2am. Had a bottle, but then was up at 3:20, and then she was up at 4:30 and was WIDE awake and totally wired up and hyper. It took me half an hour to get her back to sleep, so it was 5am by the time she fell asleep, then I had to get up at 5:30 to pump (doing that now)....and she just woke up again at 5:50am...DH is in there with her.

How do I stop her from waking up SO early, ready to get up? Should I put her to bed later? We have such a great evening routine going, I don't want to mess it up.......but I also don't want to be up at 4am for the day. Any ideas? I didn't feed her because she just ate at 2....so she wasn't hungry at 4 when she decided to wake up.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
October 17th, 2013, 08:52 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
If you added up all of the sleep Lilah gets (usually) on a daily basis, how much does it add up to? Naps + night time (minus the feedings/night wakings)

I don't think pushing bed time later will work, but you could always try.

This is going to sound counter-intuitive, but maybe try an earlier bed time. If she's not getting enough sleep (total), she could be overtired, which is contributing to the early wake-ups.

I guess you'll have to experiment and see.

Also, does she have a mobile over her crib? We have one on Claire's. It's battery-operated, and gives off soft blue light, and has an option for white noise. If she wakes up and is wide awake, I turn on the mobile and the vibrating pad. I've watched her on the monitor, and she stares up at the mobile for a while until she falls back asleep. It's, like, HYPNOTIZING.
rheaimedved likes this.
October 18th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chase does something similar. He goes to sleep around 7-8, wakes up around 12, sometimes 2 if I am lucky. After that he is up every hour, then wide awake and ready to go around 5. You should see the dark circles under my eyes, and how red my eyes are from lack of sleep. I have not been able to change his sleep pattern, and he has been like this for a while now. It's 2:15 here, and I'm not sleeping because I can tell he is going to wake any second. The good thing is he just wants a bottle and his very happy when he wakes, so that makes it much easier. I have no suggestions, sorry just wanted say I'm right there with you

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

October 18th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well last night was better. She woke around 11, DH went in and gave her her soother and she went back to sleep. Then she woke at 1am - so I made her a bottle. By the time I got the bottle upstairs, she was back asleep.....all on her own! I fed her anyway though because I knew if I didn't, that she'd just be waking up again to eat. It's almost 6am now and I haven't heard from her again (I have to get up at 5:30 to pump every day). MUCH better night.

October 18th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear there was some improvement! I hope the situation starts to resolve itself soon.
October 18th, 2013, 11:48 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I have started sleep training Lexi. She went down at 8 pm and slept until midnite. (Fyi, for the past 4 nights she has also been waking at 10 pm but I've been doing the Ferber method. I go in there every 5-10 min only to give her the paci. I do not pick her up or feed her. Eventually she conks out.) So last night she went until midnite. I fed her. Then she woke at 3:30 am. Normally I would feed her then bc it's easier, but I decided to continue with sleep training so I can break this awful cycle of her waking every 2-3 hrs to eat. I did paci duty and Ferber method. It took over an hour and I was exhausted. She eventually went back to sleep at 4:40 am and slept until 6 am. Thank God my son never woke - I was so worried about it. I fed her at 6 am, and then she slept until 10 am. I'm going to do the same thing tonight. If she feeds at midnight, the earliest I will feed her again will be at 5:00 am. What do you think?
LabLover13 and rheaimedved like this.
October 18th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think sleep training is a great idea. Lately Misha has been waking up more at night-- he used to sleep from about 10p-4a, then 4-8.... but lately he's been waking up around midnight and then up for the day at 7. Last night he woke up at midnight and 2 (fortunately I hadn't gone to bed yet by midnight, and hadn't managed to fall asleep yet by 2), but slept until 830 after that. Pretty sure it's just a growth spurt since he's eating way more these days, too, but it's not easy!
October 18th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Kary, the sleep-training stuff I've been reading says that babies at this age should be able to go 6 hours w/o feeding for the first chunk of time, then 4.

So if she last ate at 8 pm and wakes before 2, she should be ok without a feeding. Then, if you feed her at 2, she should be ok again until at least 6.

I mean, you have to go with what you feel comfortable with. If you truly feel like she's hungry, feed away!
October 18th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
^ Huh, so according to that, Lilah is on track.
She goes from 7:15pm - 1-2am normally, but sometimes just after midnight. Then until 5 or 6am. Good to know!

October 18th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Erin, yes! I find myself counting on my fingers before I fall asleep (because I'm stupid, apparently, and can't do math)..."Ok, so Claire ate at 7...if she wakes up before 1, she's probably not hungry". I'm weird like that. She normally goes 7 or 8 hours for the first leg, but I do the math anyway just in case.
rheaimedved likes this.
October 19th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We had another GREAT night. Down at 7:15 (she pretty much asks to go to bed now, gets all fussy and cuddly), slept until 2am, had a bottle....sort of.....it took me 20 min to feed her because she could NOT stay awake, and it's 6 now and she's still sleeping. GOOD BABY!
EverydayJoy and LabLover13 like this.

October 19th, 2013, 10:27 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that's awesome!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search