diaper rash

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MichelleLynn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Veteran
My poor Tiago has had a terrible rash since Wednesday. Laat night I began letting him play diaper free to help give the area some fresh air to heal ip a hit. I feel so badly for him. The poor guy is teething, had shots on Tuesday and now this. I wish I could take away all the pain and discomfort for him. Today he did not scream through the change so I hope that means it is on its way to getting better! He is still quite red though. Poor guy!
October 19th, 2013, 08:40 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try aquaphor! Grady has never had it bad but it's cleared up anything he's had. Hope Tiago feels better soon!

October 19th, 2013, 09:22 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor baby! I've heard teething babies sometimes get diarrhea and diaper rashes. Hope his little bum feels better!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
October 19th, 2013, 01:13 PM
May 2013 Cohost
If you can, try to avoid using wipes. Use cotton balls wth plain water instead. Aquaphor plus a thick layer of Desitin at each diaper change should do the trick.
October 19th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Veteran
I will definitly try to add in the aquaphor! Thanks ladies. The poor guy is letting out small bowel movements all day long.. hid poor hottom! I wish there was a way to stop the bowel movements a bit
October 19th, 2013, 07:12 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Rice cereal may help...or bananas. Both of those are constipating.
October 20th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
we almost never use wipes-- when he poops we just wash him in the sink with some mild soap, and on the days he doesn't have BMs we wash him once just so he doesn't get too funky. we started this when he got a bit of diaper rash early on and it hasn't come back since. like kary said-- the key is avoiding wipes when possible.
October 20th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Veteran
Really struggled with diaper rash in the beginning, Brian got it constantly. Pediatrician recommended putting on corn flour and then whatever cream you are using, it makes like a thick paste. It has worked like a charm. We do it every daly at bedtime but I'm sure you could do it throughout the day when you are struggling, like you are. Hope he feels better soon.
October 20th, 2013, 02:35 AM
Veteran
I am proud to say his rash is almost healed! I put a&d and then the desitin rash cream over night. I let his bottom air out a bit during the day. I just wish I knew why he was pooping so much. There are sooooo many possibilities: shots, teething, stomach virus... but so long as he gets better I do not care!
EverydayJoy likes this.
October 20th, 2013, 01:31 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yeah! Is A&D like Aquaphor?
October 20th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Veteran
In a way, yes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search