Pain and redness in breast, no clog?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Okay, so I've been taking Lecithin supplements since having that second bout of Mastitis and many clogs...and have had far fewer clogs since taking it. Yesterday I started feeling a pain in my right breast. It feels like the same kind of pain I got during Mastitis or really bad clogs, except there is no clog that I can feel, so I thought maybe I was just sore or somehow bruised or something (although I don't recall doing anything that would cause that). And today I have noticed a splotchy redness around the area that is in pain, also similar to the redness I got during Mastitis. I did some Googling, and apparently it is possible to get Mastitis without having a plugged duct. Ugh...I don't feel feverish or achy, except for a headache, but I don't get headaches often, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. :/

Is there anything anyone else can think of that might be causing such a thing? Anyone have experience with breast pain and redness with no clog?

October 27th, 2013, 10:14 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I've had breast pain without a clog that I feared was mastitis, but it never developed. It was kind of like an internal, deep tissue pain. I did not have redness, though. I chalked it up to engorgement bc she had been eating a lot more prior, but then wasn't draining me properly. I kept my eye on it but never got any fever, chills, etc. Maybe it's the start of a clog? I hope not. Start taking hot baths!
October 28th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Okay, thanks! I have a feeling it's not the start of a clog because I've had so many that I can tell pretty easily with those. I'm just going to try to take it really easy and hope that it goes away. Hopefully I can get Kaeldra to nap so I can, too. She hasn't been sleeping well lately, so neither have I, and I know that can contribute to developing Mastitis!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search