Confession...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kurly
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2013, 09:37 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
...it's a silly one. But back when DH and I were talking names and such for the soon-to-be baby and he brought up Josephine, I loved it. It had great family ties and was pretty. And I could picture what the child who had the name "looked" like.

...and my daughter isn't that kid!! Lol. I still love the name and wouldn't ever change it or even regret it. I just don't think she looks like a Josephine. I pictured a little dark-haired, olive-skinned kiddo. Or at least dark-eyes. But Jo is bright blue-eyed, fair, fair, fair, and is getting very blonde hair on her head. Not at ALL what I envisioned (or even really thought we could get).

I sorta think that Jo fits her better. She has personality traits that I think work for the name. But just visually, I still think "eh, she doesn't really look like a Josephine."

Do you think your baby "fits" their name? Or is that a silly concept and they just all grow into it?
November 19th, 2013, 12:04 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I get what you're saying - I do like Jo and I think that fits her well! My Lexi definitely feels like a Lexi...I think the first few days she was born it was weird, but now it fits. I don't feel like she's Alexis, though.
November 19th, 2013, 05:41 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean. A very certainly fits the name with her personality and everyone says her names suits her well, but I still find myself thinking she would be a good Emma or No elle as her first name instead of middle.
November 19th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Michael feels totally unnatural bit I think it's because we exclusively call him Misha
November 19th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Brock's minion
Brock is a Brock!! We just had this conversation in bed the other night.

Michelle
November 19th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Super Mommy
It's rare that I call him Wyatt. In my head- he's "bubba" "bubs" "bubbers" "love bug" ect... And that's what I call him, so sometimes it can be weird to say "Wyatt"

It will probably sink in more in the next year or two when I'm yelling at him. "WYYYATTTTT!! WHAT DID YOU DO!?!?" Because I'm not sure "love bug" fits in that quote.
EverydayJoy likes this.
November 19th, 2013, 02:34 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like "Kody" for our guy. It suits him! It took awhile for the name to grow on me when I was pregnant with him, but now I can't imagine anything else.
I think for some kids, their names just fit right away, and others have to grow into them. Or they do better with a nickname as a kid, but the full name fits better as an adult...something like that.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
November 19th, 2013, 03:20 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha I'm worried Grady isn't going to learn his name because we mainly call him bubba. I think Grady does fit him though but mostly because we had it picked out so long that I can't imagine anything else!

November 19th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Brock's minion
Funny we both call Brock Bubba too... I see a trend with the May boys!!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Michelle
November 20th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always pictured Roman to be a bigger baby with dark features. So far he fits the bill!

December 1st, 2013, 02:27 PM
I definitely think Cicely fits for her. She is the light of the room, and any time we go some where, she HAS to get someones attention. People always stop to tell me how beautiful or happy she is. With a name like Cicely, she definitely stands out on her own so I'm glad she has something different. She also has these petite little features, cute little nose, mouth, bright blue eyes with long eyelashes which I think fits a girly name.
December 2nd, 2013, 07:35 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always loved the name Thomas, but it took a while for it to not sound foreign to me. I think because it took so long for us to settle on his name. plus I am having a hell of a time with nicknames. it's stressing me out!

December 2nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL, DH calls Lilah "bubba" too! I call her "turk" or "turk turk".....lol.....my little turkey. She does know her name though, if I call her she looks over at me every time.

I'm not sure if she suits her name yet....I think she does.....

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search