Baby sleep schedule check in

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By misty3281

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2013, 06:47 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Hi all,

Thought it would be interesting to check in and see where everybody's baby is in terms of sleep, including daytime and nighttime. Remember how I posted a little while ago about Lexi sleeping through the night? Yeah, that was a one time thing. Lol. She went back to feeding twice a night, but then gradually moved to once a night. Just last week all week she was waking between 2-2:30 am and then not until 6 am, and then would go back to sleep until 8:30 am! I was ok with this. (I'm counting that as once a night). Then one of those nights she woke at 2 am and then not again until 7:45 am. And last night she totally surprised me - she woke at 11 pm screaming. I did the Ferber method with the paci, but gave up after 30 min bc she was still screaming and fed her. Then she slept until 8 am!! That's her longest stretch ever - 9 hours!

As far as daytime sleep, I get about an hour nap from her in the morning and 45 minutes to an hour in the early afternoon. I usually time her afternoon nap with my son's and so far so good. I love the dual nap! Sometimes she will squeeze in a really late nap (around 5 pm) for 30 min.

So, tell me about your baby's sleep schedule!
November 26th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Brock's minion
Brock has pretty much been on the same schedule since about 2months.
He sleeps 8p-8a, morning nap is about an hour 10-11am and afternoon is 2-4pm. I actually worried that he was sleeping too much and my pedi laughed at me. He's very active during the day but once 7:30p hits he wants bottle and crib!

Michelle
November 26th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lilah is still a horrendous sleeper.

Down at 7pm, or even 6:45pm some nights. Up at 11:30-12 to eat (refuses to go back to sleep until she's fed, she'll just cry and fuss and get to the point where she won't even take the soother anymore because she's so upset), up again around 2:30 to eat again, up at 5:30-6am for the day.

Naps.....she needs one around 8am, sleeps for maybe 20-40 min. Sleeps again around 11-12 for 20-40 min. Again around 2 for 20-40 min. Again around 5 (though tonight she didn't go down for that one) for 30 min.

I am SO envious of those of you with babies who actually sleep and nap normally. I have no clue why she's up twice a night, but I can't seem to get her out of that habit, and I am just so freaking tired in the middle of the night I don't want to fight with her. She has 4oz bottles, and even if I up it to 5oz she's still up. Yesterday she had sweet potato in the morning, and oatmeal at dinnertime, then her bedtime bottle, and was STILL up at 11:45 for another bottle. She absolutely downs them in the night, so I think she is hungry.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
November 26th, 2013, 08:31 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Not too shabby here.

Jo usually goes down in her crib at 9pm. Sleeps until 12-1 and that is when I go to bed with her in my room. Then she wakes again around 3-4 and then sleeps until 7:30-8 to be up for the day.

Daytime, she naps once in the morning, around 11 for an hour. Then again around 2:30 for 1.5 hours or so. Then she sometimes takes a little 30-minuter around 6:30. But sometimes she skips it. I don't mind her schedule. Predictable is nice. That has been a newer development.
November 26th, 2013, 09:13 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not a huge fan of Grady's schedule right now. He usually is asleep by 6:30 and eats once at night usually between 1-2. Up for the day most of the time at 5 freaking thirty. The other day is was 4:45! He naps about an hour in the morning and hour in the afternoon. I've tried pushing his bedtime back and it only makes his morning wake up earlier. I'm so tired and hoping he sleeps in a little more soon. Zzzzzz

Does anyone else have an issue with the baby hearing your SO get up and ready for work? My husband leaves the house at 5:30 and I think it may have something to do with it. Although Grady wakes up just as early on weekends.

Not a huge fan of Grady's schedule right now. He usually is asleep by 6:30 and eats once at night usually between 1-2. Up for the day most of the time at 5 freaking thirty. The other day is was 4:45! He naps about an hour in the morning and hour in the afternoon. I've tried pushing his bedtime back and it only makes his morning wake up earlier. I'm so tired and hoping he sleeps in a little more soon. Zzzzzz

Does anyone else have an issue with the baby hearing your SO get up and ready for work? My husband leaves the house at 5:30 and I think it may have something to do with it. Although Grady wakes up just as early on weekends.

Sorry for the double post. On my phone in a bad cell area.

November 27th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Kaeldra was sleeping so well at 4 months-- she didn't go to sleep for the night until 2 a.m. back then, but at least she slept long stretches of 6-8 hours most nights. Once she hit 5 months, her sleep regressed. Lately she's been going to sleep around midnight, then wakes up once or twice a night (sometimes more), usually around 3 a.m. and 5 a.m., and is up by 8:30 or 9. When she wakes up, I have to nurse her back to sleep and it takes half an hour to an hour or more for her to fall back to sleep. She won't take a pacifier and isn't soothed by patting her or anything. If I let her cry, she just cries harder and harder until she is very worked up and wide awake. She doesn't seem very hungry, though, because she doesn't suck very hard. I think she's just mostly using me as a pacifier.

Her naps are all over the place. Today, for example, it's almost 6 p.m., and she's only taken one 11 minute nap at 12:30. Most of her naps have been 15-30 minutes lately, and she'll often only nap on me. She wakes up if I try to put her down. It makes it very difficult to get anything done!

She's been getting 10-12 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period most days, but there have been some days she gets under 9 hours...I'm worried she's not sleeping enough! My husband says maybe she just doesn't need as much sleep as other babies, but I don't know.

She's still sleeping in our bedroom because the other room doesn't have a heater/A/C installed. Since she's been waking more often at night and she wakes up so easily from my husband moving around, he's been sleeping in another room lately. That can't go on much longer! Not sure what to do. :/ I think the reason she goes to sleep so late is that my husband gets home from work late, at 10 p.m. Bleh.

November 27th, 2013, 06:01 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is sleep again? It sounds vaguely familiar. We HAVE to be home every day by 6pm at the latest or all heck breaks loose. Princess Prissy britches demands a bath and nightgown at that time. She is usually down around 630-7. After that it's all up in the air. She'll wake at 9 some nights and 11 other nights and once midnight hits she's up every 1-2 hours until I finally just get up around 6. It's absolutely insane. When she wakes though all I have to do is pick her up and she goes back to sleep. So guess what. As much as I swore against it, she's just going to CIO tonight. I can't take it anymore. It's getting to the point that when she wakes I just get mad because I know there's nothing wrong and I don't want to be like that.

As for daytime, she naps about an hour around 830 after breakfast, noon, and 3. She's usually pretty good during the day with sleep.
LabLover13 likes this.
November 27th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Super Mommy
Lol, Wyatt is like Avery in that he KNOWS when it hits 6:50pm. Like on the dot- seriously. He will start SCREAMING. So he gets bath and jammies and a bottle, and then I usually get him in the crib at 7:15pm and he is out. He then wakes up at 6:00am ish. I always used to just get him up then- but the past 2 days I have been going in and giving him his binky and he falls back asleep for another hour or so. That's been nice!

As far as naps go..........no. He doesn't nap. Maybe two 15 minute snoozes if I'm lucky. Everyone tells me I have to get him to nap, but I don't mind him being up- as long as he sleeps all night!

I want Brock's schedule!!!
November 27th, 2013, 09:31 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Claire goes down for the night around 7 or 7:30. She wakes once, usually around 3:30 or 4, has a 4 oz bottle, and is back down till 7:00 or 7:30. Although last night, she didn't go to bed until 8, and slept till 6:30 (bottle) then back down till 8. It was heavenly.

She takes 3 naps a day. Two of them are usually 45 mins or so, and I can get at least one that's 90 mins. The long nap is usually the last nap, but not always.

We are so, so lucky with her! We still swaddle, and I know we're going to have to stop soon because she's getting more wiggly and I'm afraid she'll roll herself over. So chances are our great sleeper will turn into a poop sleeper, but we'll deal with that when it comes.
November 27th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua's not a bad sleeper he goes down at half 8 or 9 then he's up for. bottle at 1am then sleeps till 5am or 6am he has a morning nap about half. 10 for 2 hrs then a quick afternoon nap for an hour sometimes not he sleeps a lot better than his sister did at that age x

November 30th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Cicely is up a few times in the night. I have been just putting her back to sleep when she wakes up in the night. Only on a few occasions, does she wake up and need to eat in the middle of the night, usually she just wants us to come in and put her back down. We've been wondering at what point do we stop running in and getting her back to sleep. But for now, we don't mind and we help her back to sleep.

As far as naps go, we are trying to keep her on a "schedule" but it doesn't really work, she's tired when she's ready and I'm not going to force her into a schedule. But here is what her day is like; pretty consistently inconsistent. Lol... Usually up by 7:30 (but occasionally 5:30, 6ish 6:45 depending) Morning nap between 9-10 (depending on awake time) usually is a short nap, between 20min and an hour long. Noon nap between 11-1 depending on day / mood (this is her longest nap of the day and depending on her morning nap she can take up to a two hour nap! I love these days bc I can get soo much done during this time!) and she takes another nap between 4-6 (also depending on the other naps in the day) bed time, like I send depending on the day... between 7:30 or 8:30. But the one thing that is consistent is the length of her naps. AM & PM aren't long but the Noon nap is what works best for us since eventually she will cut out the other two and hopefully stick with a longer afternoon nap even as she gets older.

Last edited by KrenPres; November 30th, 2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: typos
November 30th, 2013, 07:36 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do we have a sleep schedule? Hmmm....

Well, he has a schedule, but I don't like it!

He takes 3-4 naps during the day, 1 hour each.

At night he goes to bed somewhere around 7 pm. Then he wakes somewhere between 5-8 times until morning. I lose track at night because I no longer look at the clock every time and so I don't always know how many times he woke up. Usually I can tell how he did by how I feel in the morning. Also there have been a few freak times where I got a 4, even 6 hour stretch in the night, but those were just freak things, hah. And lately he is throwing a wrench in the works by fighting sleep even more, skipping a nap or two during the day despite being exhausted and cranky, falling asleep for an hour in the evening and then staying awake till 9 or 10 at night. Seems like that's slowly getting better though so I am hoping it's passing.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search