Dates and baby sleepovers

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 2 Post By kurly
  • 2 Post By LabLover13
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Counting our Blessings
  • 1 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2013, 06:41 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just curious, how many have managed to go on a date with SO since having baby and how many LO's have already spent the night somewhere.

DH has been begging me for a date for months, and since a few people we know have had babies and gone out alone all within a few weeks of each other he's getting a little impatient with me. It's just bad enough I have to leave her for work. Leaving her just to leave her breaks my heart. I just feel so guilty thinking about it. And people keep begging me to let her spend the night, but I don't want her dtaying all night anywhere. I know I need to share her mord, but I just don't want to. :/
November 27th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Brock's minion
We have date nights maybe once a month or so. A few times we stayed away for the weekend and that has been so nice. Brock has been having overnights with his Grandparents since 2 months old.
misty3281 likes this.

Michelle
November 27th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Super Mommy
My mom took Wyatt overnight when he was one week old because he wouldn't sleep and I was a crying zombie She's had him probably 5 times overnight since he was born. That's the only person we have left him with overnight. Other then that, we get a babysitter to come over to our place since he goes to sleep about 7pm and they just hang out till we get home. That hasn't been TOO often, maybe 3 times since he was born? So I guess it breaks down to- we get date night once a month.

I will say- for us- it is MUCH needed and really good for us. My husband works all day and we only see him for one hour a day during the week and then on weekends, so it's important that we take the time to go out and be us without the baby. You may not see it or realize it, but babies take a toll on a partnership, and someday- that little baby is going to be grown and gone and you will be left with your partner. It takes work to keep things going.

And in the end- the best gift you can give your child is a healthy, loving, strong relationship with your partner.
misty3281 and Mrsbowbin like this.
November 27th, 2013, 09:51 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Oh god, I get it. I totally get it. DH and I have gone out once on a date, when Claire was about 10 weeks. Other than that, we bring her with us everywhere. I just want to spend all of my free time with her!

I have a girls' night planned for Friday, and I am totally struggling with the thought of not being there when she goes to bed. DH will be home with her, she won't even realize I'll be gone, and I REALLY need a night out with my girls...but. But but but. I'm gonna miss her!

I'm such a nerd. I had no idea I'd be this...crazy. Hahaha.
EverydayJoy and misty3281 like this.
November 27th, 2013, 12:24 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The first time is the hardest. Grady has had 3 overnights with grandmas. Not going to lie...it's really nice!

November 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
May 2013 Cohost
We've had no overnights with Lexi yet. Those will have to come after she's done nursing. We only did 2 overnights with my son, one was after the age of 1, and the other was 2 months before Lexi was born (he was 3). Date nights - we've only had one so far.
November 27th, 2013, 01:55 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did one overnight so far with Kody, over at my sister's house. I was a zombie and needed some sleep and ME time. I had a lovely (albeit weird with no kids) evening by myself and went out to eat by myself at Red Robin. Then slept 12 hours. It was great, and much needed. But I definitely worried about them a lot. They both did fine though, and I only left them with her because I know she is an excellent mom and auntie and took very good care of them. I also would trust my mom with them but no one else.
LolaBadola likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
November 27th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We haven't left her yet. Our kids never spend the night anywhere. We don't have grandparents that do that kind of thing, so enjoy. The last time hubby and I spent the night alone, excluding the hospital stays (I guess I had a baby with then also), but it was our honeymoon! And we've got 10 kiddos. Wow.

Since she's breastfed and won't take a bottle, she's always with me, which is fine by me!
rheaimedved likes this.

November 27th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've never left Lilah overnight with anyone. Dh and I have been on one date since she was born, and that was last month. My parents stayed with all three girls while we went to see a movie and went shopping. They live 3 hrs away, so they come and stay a weekend with us once a month. They are coming again on the 7th and are going to stay with Lilah while DH and I take the two older girls to see Frozen

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
November 27th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
We don't really have anyone to watch Kaeldra here, so we've had no overnights or date nights without the baby. Twice I have gone to the movies while my husband stayed at home and watched her, so I've had some ~3 hour breaks, but not with my husband. We do go out as a family on his days off, which is nice. We were married for 8 years without a baby, and dated for 3 years before that, so at least we've had plenty of alone time in the past, and I'm sure we'll have a chance for some again someday! I don't know when, though.
rheaimedved likes this.

November 27th, 2013, 07:25 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Hey Kim, maybe when you go home to the states you can get a date in? Did you book your flight? Did you get Kaeldra's passport straightened out yet?
November 27th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Hey Kim, maybe when you go home to the states you can get a date in? Did you book your flight? Did you get Kaeldra's passport straightened out yet?
We did get her passport! She can officially travel. I've been procrastinating booking everything because I'm really nervous about it. I don't really want to travel during the holidays, so I'm thinking maybe in January. Unfortunately, my husband won't be able to go with me (one reason I'm so nervous about it all), so still won't be able to get a date night.

November 28th, 2013, 12:15 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I would be nervous too, but you're going to be fine! And think how nice it will be for your family to get to meet Kaeldra!
Shufu_in_Shunan likes this.
November 28th, 2013, 01:46 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am never more than 5 minutes from the baby, and I have only left him with DH for a maximum of two hours so I could go down the road. when he needs me I'm only a couple of minutes from home.

November 28th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've I only been out once overnite since Joshua was born and my mum came to watch him I would only leave him with certain people my mil wants him overnite but she's got no chance she's got him for a few hrs this wknd and that's only to stop her moaning can't stand the women x

December 2nd, 2013, 11:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've never had a night without the baby, but part of that is lack of opportunity. We haven't gone on any "dates" either (sometimes when my parents have been visiting we'll go do our regular things alone, like go to the gym or grocery store or whatever). We never really went on dates much before anyway (just things like going to parks/out for walks, which we do now, just with the baby) so it isn't a huge shock for us. But that isn't to say it wouldn't be nice We do leave the baby with the other so that we can leave the house alone for a period of time, which is probably the most important thing for us, since we spend so much time together anyway.
December 3rd, 2013, 04:55 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've had several date nights but we haven't had anyone else watch the baby over night yet. I just found out our company is planning a weekend getaway to celebrate our 10 year anniversary in March when he'll be 10 months old. That will probably be his first overnight with a sitter as nothing is planned before that that we'd need to leave him overnight. Having said all of that I have left baby with DH overnight twice now for various reasons so I have left him.

December 3rd, 2013, 10:06 PM
We have had one babysitter night and that was because Daddy bought tickets to the USA soccer game and they were 60 each so I went along. It meant a lot to him to go together, but his mom was texting me most of the night so I didn't get much game watching time. And or I was checking my phone to make sure I didn't miss anything : ( She didn't want to fall asleep and she ended up giving her two bottles back to back before she finally gave it up two hours past her bedtime. She was 2months then and drank a total of 8oz... YIKES!

I haven't wanted to leave her, I feel guilty about it. I just feel bad, it's my baby and I want to take care of her. That is just how I see it. And I have a little guilt from returning to work when she was 10.5 weeks old and having her in daycare during that time, but I ended up quitting because the money wasn't worth it to me. I love being home with her and I love the time we have together. Maybe one day I will be ready, but for now Daddy and I can't get enough! <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search