Constant attention?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is your baby ok left on their own for a bit while you get things done.....meaning sitting in the bouncer, or in the exersaucer beside you, etc?

Lilah is soooo not ok with that. I carry her literally 75-80% of the day. She's good in the exersaucer for 10 min at a time, the jolly jumper is appealing to her less and less and we're down to about 5-10 min in there before she starts whining, and she doesn't like the bouncy seat anymore but I do use it if she's up when I need to pump....I give her a bottle to have in there and some toys and she's ok for 15-20 min as long as I keep occupying her. She likes to roll around on the floor, but I have to be right with her. If I walk to the kitchen for a minute, it's instant freaking out.

She is definitely happiest in my arms, with me standing up and preferably moving around. It's exhausting! Especially considering she doesn't sleep well at night, then barely naps. No breaks here!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
November 27th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Kaeldra is the same way. She starts whining as soon as I walk toward the door, sometimes when I'm not even leaving. I'm just walking to the closet, silly baby! She's her happiest in the mornings, so sometimes after I nurse her, I can go grab a bowl of cereal and she'll sit happily for a couple minutes...I usually distract her with toys and the TV. She doesn't like her bouncer anymore, either. I still sometimes put her in it beside me when I have to go downstairs to do the dishes. If she's right there watching me, she'll stay happy for 10-15 minutes. She's been scooting backwards all over the place, anyway, so I can't really leave her alone because of that, anyway lol.

November 27th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sera is in love with me...and of course i'm in love with her. She's ok for a bit but when she can't see me for a while she gets fussy and if I say hi and giggle at her she's all happy again....we play peek a boo a lot lol!

November 28th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Brock's minion
Brock was always a chill cat but in the last few weeks its changed. He still is ok playing by himself but like to look up and see me.

Michelle
November 30th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Cicely is okay to play on the floor but will cry if we walk out of eyesight. Thank goodness for floor time, I'd never get anything done. If she is tired she definitely will not sit and play though. Sometimes I will put her in the carrier if I am busy with house stuff and she is wanting attention, and she really likes that. Good luck!
December 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Johnny likes to crawl around and play with his brothers toys on the floor. He loves being held too of course but always wants to nurse when I hold him. I can usually cook breakfast while he is eating cheerios in the high chair. Some days are worse than others. He is getting his top 2 teeeth and gums are really swollen. There is a small hole where one of them is about to break through so I think he just needs the attention while his gums are bothering him.

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

December 1st, 2013, 05:05 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kody is usually OK by himself for a little while---maybe 1/2 hour to an hour before he wants picked up or paid attention to. That's after each nap he has, so I have some time to just chill or get some stuff done.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 2nd, 2013, 11:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha Misha would LOVE it if we just carried him everywhere all the time. We sort of have a system of tricking him into spending time alone... typically he's in the best mood right when he wakes up, so in the morning he'll play alone (in the pen we have set up in the living room; otherwise he'll crawl away) for maybe 20 minutes, then we can move him to his jumper and he'll be ok there for another 10-15, then we pop him in the stroller and take him for a walk, then leave him on the front or back porch to ponder the mysteries of life and our yard (15-ish minutes), then we take him to the back room to play where all his toys are scattered around on the floor (which he now ignores and just crawls away down the hall) and he's happy doing that for 20 minutes or so, then it's time to feed him, maybe play/crawl some more, then another walk and nap time. It's some permutation of this after every nap hahha, but there is still a lot of time in there holding him (like, sometimes he'll just yell and scream in his play pen, so we have to hold him instead). It's ridiculous how little we can get done when he's awake, and then when he's asleep all I want to do is zone out while I have the chance!!
kurly likes this.
December 3rd, 2013, 06:42 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Grady has become quite high maintenance as well. I am one tired mama...little napping and still night waking. Oh and he hasn't been feeling well so he's been waking up at 4:30 AM. Yikes I remember when I thought 6:30 was early.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search