Just saying Hi!!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jcperez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2013, 05:28 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma

Missed you ladies and wanted to say hi. We are doing pretty good. Our babies are getting so big. I've been so busy but wanted to wish you all Happy Holidays. All your babies are so adorable! As far as milestones go, Remy is not sitting up yet or rolling over both ways. On occasion he will roll from belly to back but I don't think he realizes he is doing it and seems surprised when he does it. Taking him to a neuro surgeon on the 9th this month because at his 6 month visit his head dropped a notch off the growth chart and doesn't seem to be growing proportion with his body and his soft spot has just about closed up as well. Im really thinking positive and think its just the doctor being overly cautious. He gets up on all 4s though and rocks back and forth and has started to babble "dada". Oh..and hes now only 14 lbs. 10 oz. and 26 inches long. He's kind of a peanut. He just broke in his first two bottom teeth too.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy

Last edited by jcperez; December 2nd, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
December 2nd, 2013, 08:58 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Hi Jessica, great to hear from you! What a cutie - look at that hair! I know what you're feeling right now - it's scary - and I'm sorry you're going through this. I had to take my son to a neurologist starting at 3 months of age - my pedi initially thought he might have cerebral palsy. He didn't. He did, however, have torticollis and low tone.

Lexi also doesn't sit up on her own yet, which worries me. My son didn't sit until almost 9 months, but he was considered delayed due to his low tone. I was hoping Lexi would be ahead of where he was, but she's not. She does roll from belly to back, but not from back to belly. She has been scooting backwards just today. I wonder if she might have low tone too.

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you too. Please update us when you find out. Hopefully it's just the docs being cautious.
December 3rd, 2013, 12:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's always good to err on the side of caution, but I bet that little cutie is gonna be just fine. He just wants to do things on his own time, and begin terrifying his parents at an early age
December 3rd, 2013, 05:54 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your little guy is sooo cute!
I'm sorry you have this neuro thing to worry you. I hope that it's nothing and just the doctor being careful.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 3rd, 2013, 07:34 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He is too cute. Love his hair! Hope it turns out to be nothing. I know how it feels to worry though. No matter what he is going to be just fine with you as his mama

February 26th, 2014, 07:11 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Jessica - don't know if you're still around, but I wondered what happened with your neurosurgeon appointment for Remy? Everything ok?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search