Fruit hater!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Anyone else have a baby who hates fruit?

It's so weird to me, because my other two loved fruit! Lilah loves veggies, or veggies mixed with meat.....well maybe "loves" is the wrong word, she's not a huge fan of food yet, but she opens her mouth and wants more of veggies. She has one taste of any fruit at all and makes a sour face, and won't open her mouth again! I'm going to try avocado this week since it's very bland tasting and see how that goes. She likes oatmeal too.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
December 6th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just tried banana in a net feeder and she LOVED it....maybe because she could do it herself, or maybe because banana isn't tangy.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
December 6th, 2013, 11:08 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi likes a banana avocado mash!

She doesn't seem to like avocado plain yet. I usually mix it with other things.

Last edited by kary4; December 6th, 2013 at 11:11 PM.
December 7th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Super Mommy
Wyatt like everything but does make a little face at peaches- which makes me sad because that is MY favorite fruit, lol!
December 8th, 2013, 07:54 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The fruit may be too tart for her. Keep trying. We buy those oatmeal pouches mixed with fruit. May want to try that to tone it down?

December 8th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chase liked EVERYTHING at first, but just recently started to refuse any kind of tart fruit. I mix a bit in oatmeal to town it down and that usually works. He also loves banana in the net feeder (such a pain to clean out!). I would think you will have some luck with the avocado since, like you said, it's bland. It's funny how there are things we would expect them to love, and they don't I wish Chase liked meat. I have only had luck with chicken and apples. I also put some chicken I cooked in the food processor and mixed it with sweet potatoes. He tolerated it for the most part. All we can do is keep trying new and different things in different ways to make sure they are getting all they need

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search