What happened to her sleep?!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I think the past couple of nights have been the worst Kaeldra has ever slept. It's 6:45 a.m. right now and I've had one hour of sleep. She keeps falling asleep in my arms and starts crying immediately when I try to set her down. She's slept from 9:30 p.m.-10:15 p.m., 11:30 p.m.-12:00 a.m., 12:10 a.m.-2:00 a.m., 2:35 a.m.-2:45 a.m., 3:10 a.m.-3:15 a.m., 4:00 a.m.-5:30 a.m., and 5:50 a.m.-6:00 a.m. Her longest two stretches were done partially on her futon, but the rest of her sleep has been on me. I'm used to her only sleeping on me for naps, but I can't hold her all night long! She is exhausted, but won't sleep unless I'm holding her.

December 7th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm guessing separation anxiety....I know Lilah is going through that like CRAZY right now...making strange with absolutely everyone, even my husband when he gets home from work. She only wants me, all the time. She's fine when I lay her down for naps and for bed, so I don't have the same issue, but she's suuuper clingy all day long. I can't be out of her sight, and I hold her almost all day.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
December 7th, 2013, 06:10 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Oh man, that's brutal. I'm so sorry. Does she usually let you put her down on the futon for nighttime? Maybe you need to consider some kind of sleep training?
December 7th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin80 View Post
I'm guessing separation anxiety....I know Lilah is going through that like CRAZY right now...making strange with absolutely everyone, even my husband when he gets home from work. She only wants me, all the time. She's fine when I lay her down for naps and for bed, so I don't have the same issue, but she's suuuper clingy all day long. I can't be out of her sight, and I hold her almost all day.
I was thinking it could be due to separation anxiety, too. That sounds like Kaeldra. She's also very clingy to me and constantly wants me to hold her during the day. She even tries to crawl into my lap if I set her down next to me. She's not satisfied with my husband watching her. Sometimes he holds her while she cries the whole time I'm in the shower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Oh man, that's brutal. I'm so sorry. Does she usually let you put her down on the futon for nighttime? Maybe you need to consider some kind of sleep training?
She usually lets me put her on her futon, but I normally have to nurse her to sleep first, and I know that's not how they're supposed to sleep. I think I do need to do some kind of sleep training, but I feel kind of lost when I think about it. I tried to see if she'd eventually just calm herself down last night, but after she was crying for 7 minutes, my husband came in concerned, thinking she'd been crying for at least half an hour lol. After I posted last night (er...this morning), I finally kind of tricked her by lying her down RIGHT beside my face. She slept four and a half hours that way.

December 7th, 2013, 07:22 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Yeah, this separation anxiety thing SUCKS. Lately, Claire has been freaking out when we put her down for naps/bedtime. I'm currently listening to her sob over the video monitor. I'll be going in there in a few minutes to put her binky back in.

This. Is. HARRRRD.
December 7th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Super Mommy
How long does this last??
December 7th, 2013, 09:39 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that REALLY is awful. And I say that as a mom of an awful sleeper. I probably would have ended up just sleeping with Kody on my chest if it was like that.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 7th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Awful!! You must want to cry...if you had the energy to, that is. Have you called her ped? Something seems off. Is she teething? Or not getting enough calories during the day? Reflux? Owen is a great napper, but a horrid night sleeper. On average, he is still waking at least 3 times a night wanting to nurse. I have become a serious caffeine junkie during the day. I couldn't survive otherwise. I hope it gets better for you really soon.

December 7th, 2013, 11:20 PM
I think we're taking her in for her 7 month check-up tomorrow, so I'll ask the pedi then. It's only been this bad for the past two nights. She's pretty happy as long as I hold her, it's just when I set her down that she gets upset. I think part of it may be gas, too...I think it feels better when she's not flat on her back. Her sleep seems so random. Some nights she wakes multiple times and others she sleeps 8+ hours straight.

December 8th, 2013, 06:49 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Grady sleeps really bad like that when he's coming down with a cold. Possibility?

When it comes to separation anxiety Grady has ZERO! He will go to anyone and prefers my husband over me I think haha. I'm kind of jealous of your babies that think you are the bees knees, although I'm sure I'd think otherwise if he was crazy clingy!

December 8th, 2013, 07:08 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am wondering about her ears. Jos pattern of sleep sucks when she in the early stages of an ear infection. She becomes really clingy, hates lying down, wakes a ton, etc. I'm glad you are seeing the pedi.

But I hope that if it's a stage, it passes quick!
December 8th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Hmm...well, the clinginess and not liking lying down are pretty normal for her. She's just never liked staying on her back or tummy. I did give her peaches for the first time the first bad night. Maybe that could have had something to do with it? She slept great last night. 8 hours, then woke up to eat and slept for 2 more hours. I didn't even attempt to put her on her own futon, though, she was with me on mine the whole time.

We just got back from her check-up and the pediatrician said she's completely healthy. He didn't seem concerned about her sleep. Hopefully it was just a really bad couple of nights. She's now 17.5 pounds and 26 inches tall.

December 9th, 2013, 08:30 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Glad she is healthy. Hopefully her sleep figures itself out pretty quickly. If she is usually tough, this might be a particularly hateful stage (I remember one with Kieran around 8 months that made me want to run screaming from the house 24-7). Sounds like she is growing quite nicely!
Shufu_in_Shunan likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search