She did it!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By realmom
  • 1 Post By misty3281

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2013, 12:55 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi finally rolled over from back to front today! I missed the actual event because I was using my iPad for online shopping! I had her on her back on the playmat. I looked up and she was on her side, trying to flip over, but getting stuck. I got up, placed her back on her back, and went back to my iPad. I look up about 30 seconds later, and she was on her tummy! I've been worried bc she's been behind the pack in this group on rolling and sitting. But, she is scooting backwards now, and getting up on all 4s now occasionally. She still can't sit unassisted yet, but is getting stronger. So hopefully soon!
December 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Super Mommy
Go Lexi! Hopefully this means she won't need PT like your son did!
December 9th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great! It's so much fun when they reach new milestones

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

December 9th, 2013, 08:24 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome!! I feel like Grady is behind in the group but slowly catching up too. Such a relief when they hit milestones!

December 9th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Veteran
Yay! So exciting when they reach a milestone. I cried the first time Brian rolled over and when I saw the first tooth coming, I was so proud! Shudder to think what I'll be like when he does something that really requires some skill!
rheaimedved likes this.
December 10th, 2013, 05:26 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay! I worry about Avery sometimes too. My cousin had her baby a week after me and lives in the same city as my mom 10 min away so everyone is always comparing the two of them. He was born at 40 weeks though and is like 8 lbs bigger than she is. I have to constantly tell people she's on track developmentally and can't be expected to keep up with a baby almost twice her size.
rheaimedved likes this.
December 11th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty3281 View Post
I have to constantly tell people she's on track developmentally and can't be expected to keep up with a baby almost twice her size.
Oh that's awful. There's such a big range for developmental milestones, the last thing any parent needs is the "concern" of others!
December 11th, 2013, 07:08 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^Id honestly try to nip that in the bud quickly. I am born 9 months after a set of my twin cousins and it was nothing but comparisons for pretty much my whole life growing up. And, sadly, I always fell short according to the people "measuring" us. So I do think it affected my thoughts about myself and the members who chose to do the comparing. It was only to the girl twin (not the boy), so maybe you can avoid it as they age because they are not the same sex. But I am super-cautious not to compare my kids to each other or anyone else to their faces (or when they would be aware). It wasn't healthy for me. (Although I definitely turned into the cooler person )

But yay for Lexi! Watching them learn new things is so exciting and rewarding. It feels like it's all worth it when they figure something new out

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search