Exhaustion

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Erin80
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By Erin80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is anyone here still exhausted?

Lilah's sleeping is bad, and I'm still just dead tired every day. I feel like a horrible mom because I have zero energy to do much with my girls these days. I'm sooo tired. When Lilah is awake, she takes up all my time since she won't sit or play anywhere for long. She is up 2-4 times a night, then all three are up early....and Lilah has been trying to start her day at 4:30 this week. I am getting so sick of being this tired all the time, makes it hard to enjoy my days!
rheaimedved likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
December 11th, 2013, 07:19 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am this week. Jo has had a really rough time with this ear infection. She just doesn't tolerate them well (her body) and it takes a lot out of me when she has one. The meds just don't do their thing and she fights sleep/wakes a lot. So I have been particularly testy and boring with my boys. I dread bedtime because it has been taking 1.5 hours or so to get her to go down. And then she is up again less than an hour later. I know it's nothing compared to months worth of it though!
December 11th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes. I am exhausted constantly, no matter what. I don't even have as much on my plate as you do! It's ridiculous. I notice it especially because I'm taking classes and my brain is struggling so much more than it should be to keep up.
kurly likes this.
December 11th, 2013, 11:06 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm still waiting for the day she sleeps through the night..ugh.
December 12th, 2013, 07:59 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're definitely not alone. I have to go to bed about by one or two hours after Kody does, to not be fried the next day. I still yawn a lot regardless. And if I stay up late (10pm or 11pm), then I'm toast!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 12th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If I didn't have to stay up until 9pm to pump, I would be in bed right after my older girls....at 8pm!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
December 12th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you feel better soon! Grace is still up every 2-3 hours around the clock, so understand. But I think I'm just used to it. With 10 kiddos, there usually someone up

December 15th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
I feel your pain. I'm so exhausted that I feel like I'm constantly functioning at half the level I should be. Can't focus. Can't accomplish. Every day I'm doing many things, very poorly. Hopefully it will get better soon for all of us. The first year is always so hard, no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counting our Blessings View Post
Hope you feel better soon! Grace is still up every 2-3 hours around the clock, so understand. But I think I'm just used to it. With 10 kiddos, there usually someone up
How do you do it??? And how normal is it for EBF's to wake that many times in a night? Owen is also up every 2-3 hours, but all I have to compare him to is my daughter, who was formula fed starting at 4 months and slept through the night from that point on. I figure you, of all people, would know! Thanks...

December 15th, 2013, 05:50 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lola, I think you need to start some sleep training! What is his weight now? Maybe make a plan. Like if he feeds at 7 or 8 pm, you will not feed him again until at least midnight or 1 am. If he wakes before midnight, you can do Ferber method or cry it out until he falls back asleep. That's how I started with Lexi.
December 16th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Lola, I think you need to start some sleep training! What is his weight now? Maybe make a plan. Like if he feeds at 7 or 8 pm, you will not feed him again until at least midnight or 1 am. If he wakes before midnight, you can do Ferber method or cry it out until he falls back asleep. That's how I started with Lexi.
Kary4, I think you're right! Started it last night. He woke up at midnight and cried off and on for 1/2 hour and then at 4am, but he only yelled and whined for about 15 min. Then he slept until after 7. I can't believe I didn't try this sooner!

December 16th, 2013, 07:00 PM
May 2013 Cohost
That's great!! Did you end up feeding him at any of those times before 7 am? Last night was hard for us. Lexi woke at close to 3 am but took a full hour to fall back asleep. It was excruciating. I almost gave in and fed her. I don't know if I did the right thing. She was crying pretty hard. I went in there a couple of times to give her her paci and to shush her, but it didn't help much. She finally passed out at 4 am, but was back up at 5:45 am. I did feed her then, and she went back to sleep until 9:30 am.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search