Ten baby facts!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree30Likes
  • 2 Post By ashj_1218
  • 3 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 3 Post By kurly
  • 4 Post By Erin80
  • 2 Post By mrsjl
  • 2 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By rheaimedved
  • 2 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan
  • 1 Post By mrsjl
  • 2 Post By LabLover13
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 3 Post By Elly M.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2013, 06:07 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Lets get to know our babies better! Give us ten facts about your LO

Ms. Jo:

1. She is, by far, my loudest baby. She talks a ton and loves to screech
2. She has itty bitty hands and feet. And her head is pretty small too (compared to the rest of her body)
3. She LOVES the ipad. Tries to play on it all the time
4. She has nearly no eyebrows they are so blonde
5. Her favorite place to sleep is in the crook of my left arm. She sleeps there for the majority of the night
6. She gets worn, in one or another carrier, every day
7. She is a physical combination of her brothers. Liam's eyes and body type and Kierans lower face and hair. Her nose is unique and no one we know has one like it
8. She is a mover. Her hands are always flapping, her legs kicking, she loves to throw her body around
9. She likes mashed potatoes the best of all the foods she has tried
10. The car seat winter cap thingy scares her. She cried every time I used it until I realized the connection.
EverydayJoy and kurly like this.
December 13th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Brock's minion
Mr. Brock
1. He loves music. We see the biggest response for Tom Petty.
2. He has a full head of flowing locks.
3. He pee's on someone just about daily.
4. His laugh has incredible timing.
5. He is not a cuddly guy.
6. He sleeps like a log...just like his Dad.
7. He's a shower guy, not a huge bath fan right now.
8. His face light up HUGE when daddy gets home for the day.
9. He's never met a mirror he didn't like, loves looking at himself.
10. He may be the most relaxed guy I've ever met.
ashj_1218, EverydayJoy and kurly like this.

Michelle
December 13th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Super Mommy
Wyatt:
1. Can watch the Disney Junior channel all day if I let him. LOVES cartoons.
2. When he sees pictures on my iPad he gets excited and talks to them because he thinks we are facetiming someone.
3. Would much rather be out running errands then sitting at home.
4. I have NO clue what color his eyes are. Slate? Grey? Brown? Blue? I can't freakin tell!!!
5. Has a poop in almost every single diaper. He's a regular guy
6. Says "dada" alllllll day long, even though I push for " mama".
7. Love to bury his face/head in his blankets while sleeping.
8. Has his picture displayed in our mall at the photographers stand.
9. Refuses to pick up food and put it in his mouth. He will either scream until we feed him, or he will put his mouth to our hand and eat it off there.
10. Has the most amazing laugh that can melt my heart.
December 14th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lilah:
1. She's LOUD - she yells and screeches all the time....even at 4am.
2. She's a cat napper, and is up twice in the night to eat still
3. She loves her Mommy. She's having the worst separation anxiety out of all my babies, she won't even go to DH when he gets home!
4. She loves her breast milk and isn't yet a fan of solid food at all, but she loves her net feeder with banana!
5. She's a real mix of her sisters
6. She loves to be out and about and is the easiest baby ever to take out - she's either quietly looking around, feeding herself a bottle, or sleeping.
7. She's super cuddly, and she loves to dance
8. She has a paper/plastic obsession
9. She loves her bath time, loves to sit and splash, and loves her massage after her bath
10. She picks up on emotion in the house easily. If I'm using a firm tone with one of my other girls, she stops what she's doing and looks at me, very seriously. If one of my girls is crying, Lilah will often start to cry too.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
December 14th, 2013, 09:30 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thomas

1. he is very easy going
2. he will not take a pacifier and wants to comfort suck all night
3. he sleeps best as close to mama as possible
4. he is a cat napper
5. he loves food. all food.
6. he isn't crawling yet but he loves to sit on the floor and play
7. he loves to clap and pull blankets over his face until we say, "wheeeeeeeeere's Thomas?" and then he removes it and waits expectantly for us to say, "there he is!"
8. if I start to sing, he stops whatever he is doing and looks at me and smiles
9. he LOVES to splash in water.
10. he is an exact mix of his brother and sister, he has her red hair and skin tone but he's chubbier like his brother.
ashj_1218 and kurly like this.

December 14th, 2013, 09:59 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like our babies have a lot of similar personality traits

Grady:

1. Loves his little dog Dobby-like a lot.
2. Never stops moving unless he is napping or out on a walk. He loves being outdoors and it makes him so calm.
3. Bath time is the best! He loves to splash, giggle, and play with bath toys.
4. He hasn't met a food he hasn't liked.
5. He always greets me with a big smile when he wakes up.
6. Daddy is his best friend.
7. He is super tactile and likes to explore and touch everything.
8. He is really really really tall
9. He has crazy fluffy hair that sticks straight up sometimes.
10. He loves music and my singing. He will dance when daddy plays guitar and always stop crying when I sing to him.

December 14th, 2013, 10:32 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kody:

1. Has the cutest laugh.
2. Loves his big brother to pieces and thinks he's the coolest thing ever.
3. Is a mama's boy, but gets a huge smile on his face when he spots Daddy.
4. Is all about the boob and won't take anything else---bottle or binkie.
5. His hands are shaped just like mine---only chubbier!
6. Has a darker tone to his skin than any of us. He looks like he's been tanning! Just like his Auntie, my sister.
7. Really wants to learn to crawl!
8. Isn't always interested in baby food.
9. Loves bath time, especially when big brother is having a bath too, because then Kody can splash him with water!
10. Loves being outdoors and going for long walks.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 14th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. Huge hands and feet (and is giant all around).
2. Squeals with excitement in his car seat every time the car starts backing out of the garage.
3. Hates food, loves breast milk.
4. Is very easy-going, especially in public places (a bit less so at home).
5. Wakes up from naps/sleeping in the best mood ever.
6. Still doesn't sleep through the nights, is usually up twice.
7. Discovered fake coughing, loves it (I didn't even realize this was a thing until I looked it up!).
8. Loves crawling, but now that he's discovered pulling himself up to a standing position, loves that more.
9. Loves watching cars.
10. He was scared of my mom when she first arrived yesterday (he's cool with her now).
December 14th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Kaeldra:

1. Likes clapping with her feet.
2. Gets very excited, kicking her feet and smiling, when I play and sing the Japanese Sailor Moon intro.
3. Constantly wants to move around. She rarely just sits anymore and tries to crawl onto me or scoots away if shes lying down on her back.
4. Will wake at the slightest sound of a blanket shifting, but has slept through a fireworks show.
5. Will try to eat anything, especially paper.
6. Has always hated blankets and never let us swaddle her. She will kick them off her feet right away.
7. Has only really taken a pacifier once, the first time I tried one. She will now sometimes chew on it like its a regular toy. If she sucks on it, its only for a few seconds, then she takes it out of her mouth and puts it back in to chew on (sometimes the wrong side).
8. Will almost always laugh if we suddenly move our faces very close to hers and smile or laugh.
9. Often tries to pull herself up with the table to stand while were Skyping with my family (she can stand while holding onto it, but isnt quite strong enough to pull herself up all the way).
10. Gets really excited and makes Mmm! sounds when Im getting ready to feed her solids, but almost always makes a face for the first bite of food, then devours the rest happily (except she did not care for avocado or the rice gruel with bonito flakes at all).

December 15th, 2013, 07:41 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Joy, my middle child has a different skin tone than the rest of us, too! he looks like he has a slight tan all year round, compared to the rest of us who are white as sheets haha.

I took this picture in the summer. my son and daughter spend equal amounts of time in the sun, and look at the difference!

ashj_1218 likes this.

December 15th, 2013, 08:16 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Claire!

1. She's a comedienne. If she does something and we laugh, she repeats and repeats and laughs with us. We're going to have to be careful about that in the future.
2. Now that she is free from the swaddle, she is a tummy sleeper. She likes to shove her face into her lovey and crash out.
3. She will eat ANYTHING. She loves food.
4. She's a squealer/talker/jabberer
5. When she sees someone she loves, she gets a HUGE smile on her face, and her whole body just...wiggles. You have to make sure to hold on to her real tight so she doesn't fly away.
6. She loves her doggy brothers, and they love her.
7. Everyone comments on what a happy, laid-back baby she is...and it's true! We are so lucky.
8. This kid has better core strength than me. She could do planks all day.
9. Her head is off the charts huge. Like, 106th percentile. It's all the brains!
10. She has the sweetest little voice. I think she's going to be a singer like her mama!
December 15th, 2013, 08:33 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjl View Post
Joy, my middle child has a different skin tone than the rest of us, too! he looks like he has a slight tan all year round, compared to the rest of us who are white as sheets haha.
That's funny! My older sister has the same thing, my mom and dad and I are all white as can be, and she has a slight olive-colored tone to her skin. We can only figure it's a throwback from the Native American blood in our line. I think it's funny that Kody got it too! I'm a little jealous! Haha.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 15th, 2013, 12:57 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Joy, I like your new siggy! I'll post my 10 facts soon..been real busy.
EverydayJoy likes this.
December 15th, 2013, 06:07 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
My middle is olive skin too But he gets it from me. DH and Liam and Jo are pale, pale, pale! Next to my husband, I look unwell. My skin is green-tinged when you put I next to his arm!
December 15th, 2013, 06:42 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi:

1. Smiles, squeals, and laughs ALL the time. She loves when I ask her in a sing song voice, "Are you Mama's happy girl?!"
2. Loves to scoot backwards and get up on her hands and knees and ROCK. It is the cutest, funniest thing to see. She puts her head down when she's rocking, as if she's concentrating really hard. It's just super exciting to see this bc my son was delayed and never did this.
3. Devours her homemade organic baby food!
4. Has the prettiest blue eyes - every day I check to see if they have changed color and they haven't! I compare to her earlier photos for verification. My son's changed somewhere between 6 and 9 months so we'll see. I am obsessed with hope that they will stay blue!!
5. Still doesn't sleep through the night consistently.
6. LOVES her paci at night. Can't sleep without it and will wake up crying if it falls out. We're going to have a tough time breaking her of that habit!
7. Loves playing with her big brother - she just lights up around him even though sometimes he isn't gentle with her. (Mostly he is, though)
8. Is all about the boob. She has never taken to a bottle for a full feeding (maybe an ounce or less when she was a lot younger, only in emergency situations) and hasn't accepted the sippy cup yet, despite my trying. Yikes!
9. Is a catnapper. Up until about 4 months of age or so, she was only giving me 20-30 min naps at a time. Now she is up to one hour in the am, and 45 min in the pm. I'll take it!
10. Is so petite! She has the tiniest feet still - she wears a size 1 crib shoe! She is currently 14 lb, 9 oz at 7.5 months and still comfortable in 3-6 month clothes!
kurly likes this.
December 16th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chase

1. He is huge. Anything under 18 months is too small. We have a dr appointment today, so I will have his
height and weight soon.
2. He LOVES our dogs. Especially our bulldog, Diesel. Totally freaks out laughing and squealing whenever
he is in sight.
3. Sleeping is his worst enemy. He will fight it until he finally zonks out. I stopped trying to rock, sing,
walk, or feed him to sleep. I just let him stay up until he can't any longer.
4. Absolutely loves "Finding Nemo". That is a huge help when I need to make dinner or something.
5. Bath time is his favorite time of day. It doesn't matter what kind of mood he is in, bath time always
brings on tons of laughter.
6. Chase seems freakishly strong. Like when he grabbed the handle to a gallon of milk and lifted it (kind
of freaked me out).
7. He is so happy and sweet, almost all the time.
8. Very clever! He can't crawl, but is close. When he is on his blanket and wants a toy out of reach, he
pulls in the blanket until what he wants is in reach.
9. He is a cuddler. I love it! He loves to hug, and be hugged. Since DS1 is 11 going on 21, he is now way
too cool for me, so Chase is making it up for both of my boys
10. He has amazing eyes. They are a light blue, that just sparkle. When he is listening to you, he looks you right in the eyes and just seems to be "searching", if that makes any sense. A lady in the grocery store was talking to him while we were in line, and said "wow, he has very wise eyes". I knew exactly what she meant.
EverydayJoy, kurly and Mrsbowbin like this.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search