Twice this week...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By LolaBadola
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2013, 02:00 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi has slept through the night! One night she didn't wake until 5:45 am. And last night she woke once, at almost 3 am, but I just gave her the paci and she went right back to sleep - usually that never happens, she escalates..she got her second flu shot on Friday and I weighed her. She is up from 13 lb, 3 oz at her 6 month to 14 lb, 9 oz. I had heard 15 lbs was the magic weight. So maybe we are moving closer toward sleeping through the night?! I hope so!
kurly and LabLover13 like this.
December 15th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Brock's minion
YIPPY!! Hope she's made it over the hump!!!

Michelle
December 15th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
So jealous. Owen is still waking 2-4 times a night. Time for some tough love tonight. I can't take the exhaustion anymore!
misty3281 likes this.

December 15th, 2013, 05:19 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had to do tough love too. It's so worth it though. Yay for Lexi sleeping! Avery is finally sleeping through. It's a magical feeling. After a week of sleep I told dDH to bring on #2. I'm ready for it. Lol
December 15th, 2013, 06:50 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Haha. Magic weight, that's a funny one

My 19-lb 4-month-old didn't sleep thru the night til he was 15 months! (And about 29lbs)

It sounds like she might just be getting into a better pattern of sleep. Glad for you! Enjoy it!
December 15th, 2013, 07:24 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Maybe it meant 15 lbs was the magic weight to do cry it out or sleep training? Like it would work best then? We'll see!

Ashlee, did you ever sleep train or did they just naturally sleep through as they got older?
December 15th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty3281 View Post
We had to do tough love too. It's so worth it though. Yay for Lexi sleeping! Avery is finally sleeping through. It's a magical feeling. After a week of sleep I told dDH to bring on #2. I'm ready for it. Lol
Misty, any tips?

December 16th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great! I hope she keeps it up for you. Chase still gets up 3 to 4 times a night, and barely naps.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

December 16th, 2013, 09:38 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaBadola View Post
Misty, any tips?
We ended up doing CIO, which I swore against before. I just couldn't take it anymore. I had made her CIO in her carseat a few times on trips already so I really think that helped prepare her. I put her to sleep one night, went to lay her down and she started screaming. Picked her back up and she immediately stopped and went back to sleep so I knew she was playing me. I just put her back down and walked out. Personally I felt better leaving her door open because I didn't want to feel like we just cut her off from the world. It's hard laying there listening to them cry and seeing her looking at the door waiting for me to come back in. Just remind yourself why you're doing it and the end result is so worth it.
December 16th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't do CIO, because I think babies need their Mama . Eventually they just get the hand of it and as they get older and are more active, I think they get more tired, and just enjoy sleeping to a certain degree, and will take a nap.

Just a gentle reminder, they really are only babies for such a short time, really try and enjoy it. Your not spoiling a baby by holding them or meeting their needs, you are teaching them that you are their Mama and you will be there to meet their needs. So if your little one won't sleep when you want them to, maybe just enjoy them. Coming from a Mama of 10, it really does go to fast!

December 16th, 2013, 12:57 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Well last night she woke at 2:30 am...she started fussing so I went in and gave her the paci. She didn't go back to sleep and started escalating. I did a combination of Ferber/cry it out until she fell back asleep which wasn't until close to 4 am! But then she slept until 5:45 am. I fed her then and she went back down until 9:30 am. So much for sleeping through. Ugh.

Last edited by kary4; December 16th, 2013 at 12:59 PM.
December 17th, 2013, 01:30 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Last night, after the horrible previous night, she slept through until 5:45 am without waking! Yeah!!
misty3281 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search