Oh my god, about to pull my hair out...what do I do?!!!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By misty3281

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 16th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lilah has a cold and all hell has broken loose. She went to bed at 7pm last night, was up at 10pm for a bottle (despite drinking 7.5oz before bed....which is a record for her), and drank another 4oz and had tylenol. She then woke up at 1am and stayed up....WIDE awake, yelling, screaming, etc until 4:30am. I held her off and on, but every time I put her in her bed she'd cry. I didn't want her getting too upset because she's sick. Eventually I just gave up and took her downstairs at 3:45am and started our day. DH came down because I'm super SUPER sick with a horrible cold too, and told me to go to bed. She finally passed out on him at 4:30, and got up for the day at 6:15am. UNREAL. It's now 11:15am, and she has slept a total of 10 min today despite being completely and utterly exhausted. She just keeps whining and rubbing her eyes, but if I take her upstairs she totally freaks out and will NOT go to sleep...she just cries and screams. I'm really feeling at the end of my rope at this point. My poor 2 yr old is getting no attention today because of Lilah. I don't know what to do. Lilah looks SO so so tired, but just flat out refuses to sleep. It's insane.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
December 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it were me, I would probably give her a dose of Benadryl to knock her out! I've done that a couple times with Kody when I was super desperate and he was being awful for sleep.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 16th, 2013, 08:26 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know it's probably not what you wantt to hear but if it were me at that point I would just put her in her bed and let her cry. Eventually she will go to sleep and might even be faster than if yo're holding her. I've held Avery for an hour crying and given up and just put her down and within 10 min she is out. Somebody said it here before and I thought it made sense, if she's gonna cry while I'm holding her anyway I might as well let her cry in her crib. I was never an advocate of CIO until I reached my breaking point and now I have no regrets.
LabLover13 likes this.
December 16th, 2013, 09:02 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Also, an overtired baby often has the most trouble sleeping. She's totally overtired at this point so you may have to baby her, rock her, and Feed her more until she passes out in your arms.
December 16th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I thought about lying her in her bed and letting her cry.....but she's so sick and stuffed up, I felt really bad doing that. If she was healthy and acting crazy like this, that might be another story.

She finally fell asleep around 12:15 and slept for a whole 40 min. Craziness!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
December 16th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd put her in a wrap or carrier and see if she settles in for a little snooze. None of our kiddos sleep or nap much, so it's a lifesaver here, especially when they are sick. We don't do CIO either, so I wear them a lot. Hope she feels better!

December 16th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry to hear you are both sick what about just going for a drive? Does she sleep in the car ever? That way she could sleep, you could have a little peace if mind, and maybe your 2 year old could sing songs in the car with you or play some kind of car game so she could have some attention? However, maybe driving is a bad idea if your cold is really bad. I hope something works out soon for you!

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search