CIO Has Saved Us!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By LolaBadola
  • 1 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
So Sunday night I did CIO with Owen and it went really well. He has no trouble falling asleep, but it was the staying asleep that was getting us. Typically he would wake 3 or more times a night and then be up for good super early. So the first night he woke up twice but only cried off and on for less than a 1/2 hr each time, then slept in until 7. Then Monday night he slept straight through until 7:15 and last night he slept from 7pm - 9am!!!!! Honestly, I can't even believe it. I have been INCREDIBLY sleep-deprived since before he was born (woke up a lot at the end of my pregnancy) so to get two nights in a row of blessed, uninterrupted sleep feels like the best Christmas present ever! If you're struggling with sleep issues, I say try CIO. Now let's hope this lasts...(I feel like it won't because I posted this)

December 18th, 2013, 12:02 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lucky. Last night Lexi woke at 2:45 am. She kept going on and on, I kept going in intervals to give her the paci...she fell asleep twice but woke up back screaming again. By 3:30 am I'd had it and went ahead and fed her. Didn't get to bed until 4 am. Ugh.
December 18th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Lucky. Last night Lexi woke at 2:45 am. She kept going on and on, I kept going in intervals to give her the paci...she fell asleep twice but woke up back screaming again. By 3:30 am I'd had it and went ahead and fed her. Didn't get to bed until 4 am. Ugh.
God, I feel your pain - like you wouldn't believe. Can you wean her from the paci or is it just too invaluable right now?

December 18th, 2013, 12:14 PM
May 2013 Cohost
The paci is invaluable right now - she is really dependent on it. I'm going to wait until at least a year before I even think about weaning from it. The problem is my older son is having poor night sleep now because of my sleep training - and it's affecting his behavior during the day at preschool and at home. I don't know what I'm going to do. She's down to one night waking, which I guess is good, but I want a full 12 hours straight like everyone else on this board!!
December 18th, 2013, 12:57 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you got some good rest! It's amazing what sleep can do! Grady slept 6:30pm-5:30am and is on his second good nap. Yippeeee!
LolaBadola likes this.

December 18th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Super Mommy
I know, we were having the same problem. Ava's room is right next to Owen's and she is a very light sleeper and almost every night ends up in our bed. I put a sound soother in her room so that if Owen cries it kind of gets drowned out and she doesn't wake up as much. Something to try maybe...

December 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't get 12 hrs straight! Not even close! Lilah is in bed around 7pm, up at 11 to eat, up at 3 to eat, and up at 6 for the day! She is not a candidate for CIO, there's just no way....she gets way too upset and just doesn't stop, it's awful...I tried it for nap today and I'm never doing that again! Even after I picked her up she just kept sobbing and sobbing for another 10 min before finally falling asleep in my arms.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
December 18th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin80 View Post
I don't get 12 hrs straight! Not even close! Lilah is in bed around 7pm, up at 11 to eat, up at 3 to eat, and up at 6 for the day! She is not a candidate for CIO, there's just no way....she gets way too upset and just doesn't stop, it's awful...I tried it for nap today and I'm never doing that again! Even after I picked her up she just kept sobbing and sobbing for another 10 min before finally falling asleep in my arms.
Erin - a true Taurus! My daughter was the same exact way at this age. Still is, 4 years later!

December 18th, 2013, 08:52 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kary, not everyone, you are not the only one who has a night waker!
It just feels like it because the posts from those who get a full 12 hours stick out more to you than those that don't.
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
December 18th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ahahah who are all these people with babies who sleep 12 hours straight?!?!
EverydayJoy likes this.
December 19th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua doesn't sleep. 12 hrs straight he's up at least once x

December 19th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
Yeah, Carter doesn't sleep 12 hours. He is up once or twice at least every night. A couple nights ago, he woke up at midnight and wouldn't go back to sleep until 3 am!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search