Rolling, creeping, crawling...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes
  • 2 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 5 Post By ashj_1218
  • 3 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 2 Post By misty3281
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 3 Post By LabLover13
  • 1 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan
  • 2 Post By rheaimedved

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2014, 11:26 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
...what's baby up to these days?

Do we have any cruisers or step-takers yet?

Jo is a crawler and is pulling up on stuff here and there. She cracks me up when I see her little head pop up behind the ottoman or next to me on the couch. Lol.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.
January 10th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Super Mommy
Cruising here. He has also stood on his own without holding on- but only when he didn't realize he was doing it. When we try to get him to do it on purpose- he falls right down.
January 10th, 2014, 12:27 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still nothing here. Should I be getting worried? He is super strong when standing while holding on but that's it
rheaimedved likes this.

January 10th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Brock's minion
Brock stands up well but doesn't pull himself up. He's starting to pull up into sitting position finally. Crawling is not his thing, my husband and I didn't crawl either as babies so I'm thinking he might be a direct walker. He takes steps with us holding him but that's as far as we've gotten. Most modes of transportation are army crawl or rolling and he does them both freakishly fast.
rheaimedved likes this.

Michelle
January 10th, 2014, 05:53 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
No Melissa. Grady will do things in his own time. I think first babies tend to be less inclined to move in general...they don't have anyone to "keep up" with. But mostly, it's just his own timeline. I babysat a little girl who army crawled from 11-18 months, then stood up and ran. She was 100% healthy and normal. Docs only get worried if they seem weak (unable to support self) or are losing skills. A baby who isn't mobile isn't a problem, they all are on different timelines. I hope these posts don't make anyone feel that way. There is a WIDE range of normal for this age. From new walkers (some babies walk as early as 8 months) to stationary (no crawling, rolling, or interest in getting around). I only wanted to see who was doing what I'd love if Jo had waited a bit longer. It just speeds up my baby proofing and the amount of fighting happening here since "SHE IS GETTING MY TOYS!" Lol.
January 10th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua can crawl on the couch but not the floor he can pull himself up its so cute Zara loves trying to get him to crawl and stuff however I think sometimes she talks to him like a dog telling him to sit and stay can't believe his big our babies are getting x

January 10th, 2014, 06:50 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Ash! It's hard to know as a first time mom what is normal. He is healthy and strong and will no doubt be getting into everything in no time
EverydayJoy, kurly and Mrsbowbin like this.

January 11th, 2014, 03:06 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Avery is has been belly crawling for a while now. She just finally started getting on her hands and knees and rocking but gets back on her belly to crawl. She also decided out of nowhere to start pulling herself up to standing 3 days ago. Never fails as soon as I get concerned she isn't doing something she rsads my thoughts and does it.
rheaimedved and Mrsbowbin like this.
January 11th, 2014, 04:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She rolls, goes to sitting from lying down, gets up on all fours and rocks then lunges forward (but hasn't co-ordinated crawling yet), pushes herself backwards constantly. She stands if I just hold her hands. Not crawling or pulling up yet, but getting super close to crawling. She's a professional creeper, lol.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
January 11th, 2014, 07:00 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think Kody will skip crawling and go right to walking. He scoots on his belly to get around, is very fast but no crawling. I think he decided crawling was for the birds and now is spending every waking moment honing his new skill of pulling up to standing on anything and everything around him (including me, if I sit still long enough). He just started doing it 4 or 5 days ago and is so proud of himself. He even took a few steps (cruising) while holding on to the couch.
rheaimedved and Mrsbowbin like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 11th, 2014, 10:32 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Claire is a master moonwalker (crawling backward) but hasn't quite figured out forward momentum yet. She pulls herself to sitting, and can stand up when she has support. I'm in no rush, though...she can take as long as she needs. Lord knows the trouble she'll get into when she starts crawling!
EverydayJoy, kurly and rheaimedved like this.
January 11th, 2014, 09:10 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi scoots backwards and gets up on hands and knees constantly to rock. She seems close to moving forward, but hasn't quite figured it out yet. She can roll both ways, but she is no where near ready for standing on her own (although she does love to bounce when I do try her in standing position). She is actually still wobbly when sitting - I still have to support her or put some kind of cushion behind her - she often throws herself backward. I guess we just make floppy babies - she's pretty much on the same time table as my son. I'm ok with it - she'll get there in her own time. I have done zero baby proofing!!
January 14th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Kaeldra had been scooting backwards all over the place, then started rolling around like crazy the past couple of weeks, then started to army crawl a couple days ago. She also pulls herself up on furniture (or my legs)...we don't really have a lot of furniture, so she hasn't really done any cruising on it. She's definitely keeping me busy!
kurly likes this.

January 15th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Roman is scooting and rolling. Hasn't mastered crawling yet which I'm still loving of course. He did pull himself up to stand for the first time this weekend, but no steps or anything of the sort yet.

January 16th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Misty-- Misha went from that hands-and-knees-rocking to crawling in a matter of about 10 days (maximum)! It was like, all of the sudden he could get on his hands and knees and then OMG he's mobile!

Misha started crawling at 6.5 months and pulling up/standing quickly after that. He can take a few steps whilst holding onto things, but doesn't really try to get anywhere like that (side to side in his crib, a bit).

Also, great post Ash. Babies are so different and do things on vastly different timelines. It's really interesting to see who's doing what, but these types of threads certainly shouldn't be cause for concern!
EverydayJoy and kurly like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search