Early Bday planning

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree26Likes
  • 3 Post By kurly
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 4 Post By misty3281
  • 2 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 2 Post By Erin80
  • 2 Post By Kenzie
  • 4 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 2 Post By LabLover13
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By MrsLisaT
  • 1 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Super Mommy
Are any of you as freakish as me, and already planning the first birthday party? I already have the date (April 19th), the place (park), the menu (shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches, rice and beans), and the theme (POW WOW!!). The reason I'm planning early is so that I can start gathering supplies at a good price and hunt the deals and slowly buy stuff so that it's not a huge expense all at once. I mean in all reality- it's only about 3 months away, which means I gotta send invites in 6 weeks!

Have any of you thought about the first birthday party? What are your plans?

Ps. Check out these AMAZING pants I ordered for Wyatt to wear to the party. Freaking awesome!!
EverydayJoy, Elly M. and NewlyMrs like this.
January 13th, 2014, 12:04 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Not yet! We just got through my son's 4th bday party over a week ago! But I am considering a ladybug theme...I am also going to try to make cake pops! I made marshmallow pops for my son's party and those were a hit with the kids! Personally, I think cake pops would taste better.
kurly likes this.
January 13th, 2014, 12:50 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honey child I've been planning since she was 3 months! You should see her pinterest board of ideas. I'm going with vintage chic. Hers is also April 19th. Probably going to be at my grandma's house outside, weather permitting. I'm still working on the menu because I have no clue what a 1 year old can eat. Literally was googling this at 4 am this morning. Lol
January 13th, 2014, 01:20 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been planning too but haven't purchased anything yet. Theme is The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Pretty much sums up our first year lol.
kurly and Mrsbowbin like this.

January 13th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you guys are so organized! I haven't thought about a theme for her yet. I think we might actually combine her b-day with my MIL's 65th bday since they are only 4 days apart. It will just be a family party most likely since our family and friends live 3 1/2 hrs from eachother (we live 3 1/2 hrs from all our family).
kurly and rheaimedved like this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
January 13th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
We've been planning for a while now. Carter's is going to be Star Wars since he was born on May 4th. =)
kurly and Shufu_in_Shunan like this.
January 13th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Brock's minion
Oh Brock's party is planned. Cinco de Brocko is all the rage around our house. I started planning before I had him and bought most things after cinco de mayo 13'. We will have amazing food, great cocktails and mocktails and a piñata along with tons of food. My entire family thinks I've lost my mind....

Michelle
January 13th, 2014, 05:24 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Honestly, I haven't even thought about it. And probably won't start thinking about it until May 1st. Ha!
kurly and rheaimedved like this.
January 13th, 2014, 06:21 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Y'all are super organized!! I'm impressed.

I know Jos will be owl themed. I wanted to do an owl theme for her room, but we didn't want to re-do Kierans room so quickly. So I nixed it and now we will do one for her birthday. Date, decorations, yada, yada have not even been thought about yet! It will be close to her actual birthday, so the second week of May. But I've got a little more time. I will make the invites, as I have made all of the ones for the kids so far. But beyond that, I've got nothing.
kurly likes this.
January 15th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've already got a Pintrest board going as well. I haven't purchased anything yet. I am going to do a "little man" theme with lots of bowties and mustache shaped things. Beyond that I haven't gotten very far, LOL. I was really wanting to go stay at the beach for his birthday week so it would be simple with just very close family and our best friends, but that didn't pan out. Now I have another big bash to throw.
kurly likes this.

January 16th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow. I hadn't even thought about it. I think if we had friends and family nearby we would be more likely to do something? We're actually leaving for Moscow the day after his birthday, now that I think about it.
January 17th, 2014, 12:57 PM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been in full blown planning mode for a couple of weeks now. I actually just picked up some ball pit balls off of Craigslist for real cheap this morning! I want to fill an inflatable pool with them for the little kids. We are also starting to look at the local parks to see what we want to rent. And I'm having so much fun looking on Pinterest, though, that site is dangerous!
rheaimedved likes this.
January 17th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I haven't really given it any thought. We don't know many people here besides my husband's coworkers. Maybe we'll throw a barbecue or something.

January 17th, 2014, 03:58 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Kim, what food would be served at a Japanese barbecue? Just curious.
January 17th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Kim, what food would be served at a Japanese barbecue? Just curious.
Usually a lot of different meats and vegetables in kind of a shish kabob-type style. Some common favorites are chicken, beef, squid, corn on the cob, and mushrooms. It could be fun to do an American-style BBQ, though, or a mixture of both. Great, now I'm hungry.
rheaimedved likes this.

January 17th, 2014, 08:07 PM
May 2013 Cohost
That's cool - except for the squid! I'm such a picky eater, I wonder how I would do with the food over there. Can you get American style food?
January 18th, 2014, 12:42 AM
Quote:
That's cool - except for the squid! I'm such a picky eater, I wonder how I would do with the food over there. Can you get American style food?
I'm an extremely picky eater, too! I don't care for squid. I'm surprised at myself that I even tried it. You can find some American-style things here, but a lot of it doesn't taste the same. Pizzas don't taste as good and some of them have weird toppings like mayonnaise and corn together (which I find gross and won't touch, but my husband has grown to love it). Cheese is kind of hard to find, except for mozzarella. I really miss cheddar cheese. You can find ground beef for hamburgers, but can't always find buns. We haven't found any in our current city. We have found "American-style hot dogs" and buns, but they don't taste the same, either. I'm sure if I lived in a bigger city like Tokyo or if I lived on a base it would be a lot easier to find more. We found an import foods store in the mall about a month ago and saw that they sold Kraft macaroni and cheese and I was SO EXCITED lol ($3 per box, though, yikes). Good thing I happen to like a lot of Japanese food!
rheaimedved likes this.

January 18th, 2014, 07:23 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Kim, did you ever make it home for the holidays? Sorry, we've totally hijacked this thread!!
January 18th, 2014, 09:36 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we're going to have it on his birthday, may 3rd. we will invite our parents, our siblings, and our grandparents. we'll have tea/coffee/pop/juice, snacky stuff, and either BBQ or sandwiches, and birthday cake. low key and relaxing!

January 18th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Kim, did you ever make it home for the holidays? Sorry, we've totally hijacked this thread!!
I was planning to wait until after the holiday rush was over to go. I still haven't booked my tickets, though. It's been weighing pretty heavily on my mind. At this point, I'm probably going to wait until it's a bit warmer so I can bring my cat over with me on the way back. My best friend had offered to bring her over for me when she comes to visit, but it's sort of asking a lot of her. Maybe she can come back with me and help me instead.
rheaimedved likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search