OT: gifts for a two-year-old girl

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 2 Post By Elly M.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're visiting Moscow in May, and one of my husband's close friends has a daughter who will be about 2 by then, and I'm wondering what kind of gift(s) would be good for her? I'd love to get your input since I have nearly zero exposure to children.
January 19th, 2014, 01:33 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Probably would depend on if she's a girly-girl or not, but stuff like dollies, those stuffed animal backpack buddy things, plastic tea set, glitter pen, tiara, teddy bear, etc etc.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 19th, 2014, 03:29 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Favorites from my nanny child and just stuff we like:

-leapfrog picnic basket...cutest gift ever. We got it for Jo for Christmas, by my boys love it. It's pink with all the fixings for a picnic (plates, forks, a "blanket", cups, and food that is in shapes that fit onto the plate). I think it's perfect for that age range

-A doll stroller...these get tons of use for all kinds of things, dolls, stuffed animals, a load of matchbox cars, etc

-A plastic bug catcher with plastic bugs. Very popular with both my nanny child and with my kids. They love to "catch" the bugs in the catcher. I think the one we have is "Sunny Patch Kids" brand. It's so cute.

-Melissa and Doug wooden "paper" dolls. Julia LOVED those when she was 2.5 or so. She would play with them tons. My guys don't have them, but I keep meaning to get a set for our house.

For now that are my top suggestions I love that age group. It's so full of discovery and imagination.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.
January 19th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Super Mommy
A sit n' spin!
January 19th, 2014, 04:59 PM
May 2013 Cohost
How about some good old fashioned books? They would be fairly easy to travel with, too. Check out "Heads" or "Tails" by Matthew van Fleet - nice illustrations, cool animals, and highly interactive - flaps and things to pull - perfect for a 2 year old!
rheaimedved likes this.
January 19th, 2014, 05:10 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I second the plastic tea party set idea. My nieces LOVE theirs. Also the disney princess baby dolls. Ross has them for like $15. Also kindercarry.com now makes baby doll carriers just like some of their baby carriers. They are really cute and she could carry her doll everywhere she goes.
January 20th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
These are some great suggestions! Thanks everyone. I'm so clueless when it comes to kids these ages (I'm totally open to more if people have them!)
January 22nd, 2014, 05:59 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In all my years working with horses, I have learned most little girls love or at least appreciate horses. Maybe a realistic looking horse toy that has a tale she could brush? With a few horse accessories to go with it? It would be easy to fit in your suitcase
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

January 23rd, 2014, 05:48 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
maybe you could get her something "american"? I have no idea what but it would be cool for her to have as she gets older since she's so far away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search