Car Seats

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Who's still using the bucket seat? I am so over lugging ours around and would love to move Owen up to the
"big boy" one. I can't remember when we moved my daughter out of hers or when it's considered okay to do so.

January 19th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Brock's minion
We switched out at about 6 months, it was much better for Brock and I.

Michelle
January 19th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we still use ours but take her out of it....we don't like to carry it as it's too heavy with her in it.

January 20th, 2014, 03:09 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We still use ours. I picked out the convertible carseat I want, but I'll prob wait till she outgrows the infant carrier to get it. We only haul it around if she is sleeping when we get wherever we're going. Usually I just wear her though. She's still only 15 lbs though so it isn't awkwardly heavy yet.
January 20th, 2014, 05:12 AM
Many time i was thinking "How to find the right best car seat." So that consumer Reports has honest Ratings and Reviews on car seats from the unbiased experts you can trust...thanks
January 20th, 2014, 06:28 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We still have Jo in her bucket seat. We only take it out when I take Liam to school, since its literally a 1 minute drop-off/pick-up and it's already a pain to buckle three kids in and out of seats four times. Cuts my work down. And I can keep her warmer. But the rest of the time I wear her or just take her out and carry her. We intend to use it until she is outgrowing it. We will need another seat when she does, so it delays having to buy another seat (for the record, we own 7 seats already!! Lol). She has a while in it though, it's to 32lbs and 32in and she isn't remotely close to those stats yet.
January 20th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Super Mommy
We switched at about 6 months as well. Wyatt is huge.
January 20th, 2014, 08:19 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are still using the bucket but most of the time we just take him out. Our britax marathon convertible seat just arrived from amazon so I think we will be switching over in the next couple weeks.

January 20th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lilah is still in the bucket. I wanted to move her last weekend, but then never got around to it. My parents were here all weekend this weekend, so again, just didn't end up doing it. I'm going to get DH to do it one night this week I think.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
January 20th, 2014, 12:19 PM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hated that seat from the start! It was so heavy to lug around and Anna just cried and cried in it. We switched to a convertible seat at around 5 or 6 months but had already long since stopped taking the seat in and out of the car.
January 20th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
We switched around 5 or 6 months.
January 20th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We moved him when he outgrew it, around 6.5 months. I sometimes miss the convenience, but it was SO heavy (22 lbs of baby plus the seat!) and awkward.
Mrsbowbin likes this.
January 21st, 2014, 09:49 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still use the bucket seat but I rarely take it out anymore. I do take it out once in a great while, like when I go to the mall or the library or such and I want to be able to just snap it into the stroller. But any other time, I just take him out.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
January 22nd, 2014, 05:05 PM
May 2013 Cohost
We're still using our infant car seat - Lexi is still tiny - only 15 lbs and change. I usually snap it into the stroller when we take it out, so I never really have to carry it far.
January 24th, 2014, 07:33 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we switched at 5 months, but man I miss the convenience!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search