Baby Questionnaire

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 1 Post By misty3281
  • 2 Post By kurly
  • 1 Post By LabLover13
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By Erin80
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 1 Post By dyeanotherday
  • 8 Post By LabLover13
  • 1 Post By Ryan and Alex's Mommy
  • 1 Post By jl046100
  • 1 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Hi! So unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to post on here, but I really miss you ladies and always think of things I want to ask you, so I thought I'd just post a bunch of questions on here about your LO's. It's always fun to compare and see where everyone is at with things!

1) Who's still breastfeeding?

2) Trying to crawl? Crawling? Pulling up? Walking?

3) Favorite finger foods?

4) Naps and nighttime status?

5) Favorite Toys? (I can't tell who's more bored with our toys, Owen or me)

6) Any words?

7) Size of clothing?

8) How many teeth?

9) Mellow baby? Moody? Terror?

10) Concerns?

11) Joys?

12) And while we're at it, how are you feeling emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc?

Can't wait to hear what you all have to say! Feel free to add to the list, btw.

February 9th, 2014, 12:27 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) Who's still breastfeeding?
We are still bf'ing. She does take formula if I leave her with someone though.

2) Trying to crawl? Crawling? Pulling up? Walking?
She JUST started crawling with her tummy off the ground maybe 3 days ago, but she's been getting around for a few months. She pulls up, cruises, and walks holding our hands pretty steady now too.

3) Favorite finger foods?
Everything pretty much. If it fits in her fingers she loves it. If it doesn't fit her fingers she'll just bring her face to it and still loves it.

4) Naps and nighttime status?
She still naps 2-3 times a day for 1-1.5 hours at a time. Nighttime was sleeping 11 hours, but she seems to have regressed this past week. Hope it doesn't last.

5) Favorite Toys?
Her crawl around car and walker. Really she loves pretty much everything.

6) Any words?
Sporadically. She says mama mostly when she is ticked off and crying. I don't know that she is actually calling me or just making the sound though. She can also say dada and bye bye, but again it's just random and not directed anywhere so I don't know if she knows what she is saying or not.

7) Size of clothing?
Anywhere from 6-12 months depending on how it's made.

8) How many teeth?
None.

9) Mellow baby? Moody? Terror?
She's pretty mellow until she's sleepy or unhappy, then the diva emerges.

10) Concerns?
None really. She seems to be developing normally.

11) Joys?
Eating, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, being outside

12) And while we're at it, how are you feeling emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc.?
Pretty good actually. I wish we would get to church more, but everyone is healthy and happy so can't ask for much more than that.
LolaBadola likes this.

Last edited by misty3281; February 9th, 2014 at 12:30 AM.
February 9th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Super Mommy
Wyatt is 9.5 months

1) Who's still breastfeeding? Formula fed here.

2) Trying to crawl? Crawling? Pulling up? Walking? crawling, pulling up, cruising, and walking with one of those push walkers things.

3) Favorite finger foods? There isn't a food this kid doesn't like, but his favorite is probably blueberry eggos.

4) Naps and nighttime status? 2-3 hours of naps per day and 12 hours at night.

5) Favorite Toys? Woody doll from toy story

6) Any words? Not really. He does the mama dada, but I don't think he's directing it.

7) Size of clothing? 12 months on bottom and 18 months to 2T on top. Poor kid got mommy and daddy bodies: short legs and long torsos.

8) How many teeth? Nada!

9) Mellow baby? Moody? Terror? So happy and mellow unless food is involved- then it's strictly business.

10) Concerns? Food and weight, but trying to relax about that.

11) Joys? BEDTIME!! Haha, just kidding (kinda). I love seeing his brain develop and learn/remember things.

12) And while we're at it, how are you feeling emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc? I was just talking to my mom about this. I was supposed to go out with my girlfriends Friday night but cancelled last minute because I feel like I don't know how to be around adults anymore. My brain feels stupid, and I feel like I have nothing to say/add to conversations. I am consumed with baby, baby, baby.
LolaBadola and Mrsbowbin like this.
February 9th, 2014, 08:48 AM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
1) Who's still breastfeeding? Not us! We're all formula, and have been since about 10 weeks.

2) Trying to crawl? Crawling? Pulling up? Walking? She's been crawling for a few weeks. Pulling up, cruising. No walking yet, but it's only a matter of time...once she started crawling, she progressed to standing within days, and cruising a few days after that. It's happening too fast!

3) Favorite finger foods? She loves the puffs. Really, though, we give her little pieces of whatever we're eating, and she loves it all. The more flavor, the better.

4) Naps and nighttime status? Naps are ok...2 a day, around 90 mins each. Nighttime sleep has been sucking lately. Goes down around 7, wakes for a bottle around 2 am, and lately has been up for the day around 5:30. Yikes.

5) Favorite Toys? Her fisher price standing musical toy. Other than that, she prefers empty tupperware containers and a baby spoon. Oh, and the dog bones (have to hide those from her)

6) Any words? Mama, when she's upset. But like the others, I don't think she knows what it means.

7) Size of clothing? 6 months to 12 months, depending.

8) How many teeth? 2 on the bottom...working on our first top tooth! Should be here any day.

9) Mellow baby? Moody? Terror? Super happy and mellow, except when she's sick or tired. Then I want to hide from her.

10) Concerns? She starts daycare next week. I'm wondering how she'll do. Hopefully she thrives, but I'm thinking the first couple weeks might be rough as we both adjust.

11) Joys? Almost every moment with her is a joy...not super fond of the 2 am and 5:30 am wakeups, though. Then, I don't feel so joyful.

12) And while we're at it, how are you feeling emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc? Loving life! Being a mom is as amazing as I thought it would be. I didn't predict that I would turn into a massive ball of anxiety and worry about the most random things, but...I'm rolling with it.
LolaBadola likes this.
February 9th, 2014, 10:09 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
1) Who's still breastfeeding? We are. She is a boob girl

2) Trying to crawl? Crawling? Pulling up? Walking? Pulling up and cruising. No where close to being balanced enough for independent steps. Thank goodness!

3) Favorite finger foods? Ritz crackers are her ultimate. But she will taste almost anything. She isn't eating a ton at one time, but she enjoys playing with it.

4) Naps and nighttime status? 1-2 naps a day. One pretty long one 1.5-3hrs. The other is either non-existent or short 30min or less. Night: goes down between 8-9, sleeps til 12, eats, co-sleeps til 5am, eats, back asleep til 7-9am (depending on brothers!)

5) Favorite Toys? Her brothers Lego duplos, Sophie giraffe, paper (ugh), and anything kinda stretchy like this rubber ball we have or the nylon belt to one of the boys dress-up outfits. She will play with anything though.

6) Any words? Yep. "Hi" "Night" and "Back" (as in "give it back") so far for sure. Although we have heard a few others that are maybes. She uses mama and dada too.

7) Size of clothing? 12 months mostly. Some 9 and even some 18 fit though.

8) How many teeth? Zippo. Lol. Nothing seeming to happen in there either!

9) Mellow baby? Moody? Terror? She is not quite mellow, but not difficult. She has gotten needier as she has aged. And she is very verbal about her desires...so we tantrum already and are determined to get our way. But she is mostly pretty easy.

10) Concerns? Not really. She is pretty average for 9 months, I think.

11) Joys? She is so funny. Her expressions kill me. Even her little tantrums are hilarious. And my boys LOVE her. It's adorable to see all three playing together. She is a perfect fit for our family!

12) And while we're at it, how are you feeling emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc? Im pretty good. I am still off my OCD meds from pregnancy (and because we co-sleep), but I'm holding my own okay. I can tell I'm headed downhill and need to get back on them soon. But I have a counselor and am pretty used to dealing with the thoughts. Physically I'm really good. Below pre-preg weight and I can tell I'm stronger just by what I can do with the kids. Things are going well in the spiritual department too. I have time again for my church group and am glad for that. They are a great support.
LolaBadola likes this.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
February 9th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1) Who's still breastfeeding? - Me. Well pumping, but I think that counts.

2) Trying to crawl? Crawling? Pulling up? Walking? - Crawling, pulling up and starting to cruise.

3) Favorite finger foods? - She hasn't had finger foods, well she has, but she doesn't know to put them in her mouth.

4) Naps and nighttime status? - Naps are still short. 2-3 a day. Sometimes she'll do a longer one. Night time, she's up once to eat......sometimes twice still - goes down very easily for bed at 7pm, up around 6:30am.

5) Favorite Toys? (I can't tell who's more bored with our toys, Owen or me) - Anything her sisters are playing with. She also loves her activity tables.

6) Any words? - BABABABABA

7) Size of clothing? - 12 months, she can even wear 18 month in some brands

8) How many teeth? 6

9) Mellow baby? Moody? Terror? - Clingy, social but wants to be able to see me ALL the time, very happy most of the time.

10) Concerns? Zero!

11) Joys? - Watching her go through all the different stages, watching her discover new things.

12) And while we're at it, how are you feeling emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc? - I'm doing pretty good, good days and bad days. I think this winter is really bringing me down - it's very cold and very long, we are inside A LOT because of the baby and because of the freezing temperatures. I find when I'm stuck in the house and tired, I have a hard time being patient with my kids, and have a hard time feeling happy.

Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...#ixzz2srEvS0oL (Baby Questionnaire)
LolaBadola likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
February 9th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Brock's minion
1) Who's still breastfeeding? Brock is a formula baby

2) Trying to crawl? Crawling? Pulling up? Walking? He's trying hard to crawl but not there yet. He doesn't try pulling himself up yet but does take steps while assisted.

3) Favorite finger foods? Not super fond of textures yet. He loves tomatoes and yogurt and eats just about everything.

4) Naps and nighttime status? Sleeps about 12 straight hours at night and naps twice a day.

5) Favorite Toys? He likes the crawl around car, activity center and all his music toys but is happiest with his plastic keys.

6) Any words? Ma, mom,momma

7) Size of clothing? Just moving out of 9months, has been wearing his 12 month stuff.

8) How many teeth?4 in and teeth 5&6 are coming in

9) Mellow baby? Moody? Terror?mellow, relaxed and very funny.

10) Concerns? I worry about him pulling himself into sitting position and that he sleeps too much

11) Joys? Plastic keys, looking out the windows and going wild in his walker

12) And while we're at it, how are you feeling emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc? I'm working on me feeling human again, still a work in progress.
[/QUOTE]
LolaBadola likes this.

Michelle
February 9th, 2014, 06:23 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) Who's still breastfeeding? Kimberly is on formula now

2) Trying to crawl? Crawling? Pulling up? Walking? crawling, and pulling up not quite walking

3) Favorite finger foods? cheese and chicken

4) Naps and nighttime status? she sleeps through the night and takes an hour nap

5) Favorite Toys? her baby doll she drags it everywhere and a pink my little pony

6) Any words? she talks a lot she just started utting together 3 or 4 words like "I want Chicken" . . . working on please

7) Size of clothing? 12 months but she is skinny

8) How many teeth? 2

9) Mellow baby? Moody? Terror? she is very active into everything

10) Concerns? none

11) Joys? she loves to play with her brother

12) And while we're at it, how are you feeling emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc?
i'm good
LolaBadola likes this.
February 9th, 2014, 07:04 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
^^Seriously? Your 8-month-old is putting together sentences?
February 9th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Thanks for all the awesome responses, Ladies! So fun reading them all. Thought I'd add mine, as well:

1) Who's still breastfeeding? Still at. There've been moments where I wanted to quit because pumping at work is such a pain, but he hates formula, so I just keep plugging away!

2) Trying to crawl? Crawling? Pulling up? Walking? Still trying to crawl, backwards and in circles. He's so lazy!

3) Favorite finger foods? Strawberries, those freeze-dried yogurt bites, anything and everything!

4) Naps and nighttime status? He naps for about 1-2 hrs in the morning and then again in the afternoon. Nighttime goes down without fail at 7pm, usually wakes 1-2 times per night, then up for good around 5:30-6am. Yawn...

5) Favorite Toys? (I can't tell who's more bored with our toys, Owen or me) Trucks, blocks, balls, music table, anything that fits in his mouth.

6) Any words? Ba, Da. He's a big waver. It's so darn sweet. At bedtime, I say, "Say goodnight to Daddy and Ava, Owen," and he waves his little hand at them.

7) Size of clothing? 12-18months here we come! I just put the 6-12 month/9 month clothes away today. He's 29.5 inches long and 19.5 lbs, so he's long and thin, which is tricky.

8) How many teeth? 1 on his bottom row.

9) Mellow baby? Moody? Terror? The most mellow baby I've ever met, which is a blessing, because his sister doles out more drama than we can handle already.

10) Concerns? As I stated in one of my other posts, I'm worried that he's not crawling that well, trying to pull up, or cruise, but I know he's so smart and has hit all his other milestones that I'm really trying to not stress about it too much.

11) Joys? That little wave of his, how he always smiles, claps...When I pick him up he always pats my shoulder as if to say, "Thanks, Mom!" Breastfeeding, snuggling...Oh geez, I could go on and on.

12) And while we're at it, how are you feeling emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc? We've had an INSANE 6 months. Waaay too many transitions going on. Things are finally starting to settle, so I am just trying to take one day at a time and focus on all my many blessings. I'm a firm believer in the Laws of Attraction!

February 9th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1) Who's still breastfeeding? never breast fed but pumped for about 7 weeks

2) Trying to crawl? Crawling? Pulling up? Walking? Sera just started crawling at 8 weeks 8 days old

3) Favorite finger foods? She loves everything, haven't found a food she hasn't disliked yet.

4) Naps and nighttime status? she naps twice a day, more when we are out as she will fall asleep in the stroller.

5) Favorite Toys? I don't think she's found a "favorite" yet

6) Any words? mum mum, dada, ryry (her older brother)

7) Size of clothing? [COLOR="darkorchid"She can fit anything from 6 months to 18-24 months....depends on the brand. I find girl stuff fits really small. She's only 8 months old but wears a lot of 18-24 month leggings and quite a few shirts.
][/COLOR]

8) How many teeth? 2 on the bottom

9) Mellow baby? Moody? Terror? very mellow

10) Concerns? nope, none

11) Joys? mine or hers? i just fricken adore her...and she loves her family!

With her i'm fine.....everthing else is all stress right now.
LolaBadola likes this.

February 10th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Who's still breast feeding: Joshua's been on formula since he was 4 months old

Trying to crawl: he can crawl really fast now pull himself up and walk if u hold his hand

Favourite finger foods: anything really he loves food stuffs it straight in his mouth

Naps and nighttime status: he has 1 nap during the day for about 2hrs then he's down at 9 pm he's very unpredictable at night can sleep great then have a bad run

Favourite toys : he doesn't have one he just likes pulling stuff off the heaters and loves the broadband box neither which he's allowed

Any words: he can say mama but again I'm not sure he knows what it means he's very vocal in general

Size of clothes: he's quite small anything from 3 months to 9 months it just depends

How many teeth: he has quite a few 4 at the top and 2 at the bottom and more coming in

Mello baby? Moody? Terror?: he's a very mellow baby apart from when he's tired or hungry

Concerns: none with him really other things are stressing me out

Joys: he's a very happy baby and Zara's very protective of him even if she's a bit rough sometimes loves his giggles and smiles

I'm doing fine starting to go out again with friends not looking forward to going back to work
LolaBadola likes this.

February 11th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
1) Who's still breastfeeding? We're still at it.

2) Trying to crawl? Crawling? Pulling up? Walking? She's crawling, pulling up (and trying to climb up on our short table, ack!), cruising, and takes some steps while holding our hands.

3) Favorite finger foods? I haven't tried many finger foods with her yet. I did try giving her bits of banana recently and she seemed to like it better than when it's mashed.

4) Naps and nighttime status? Naps have been much better the past couple of weeks. Nights are still hard. She doesn't go down until around midnight and is usually up around 9, but she still wakes up 3-5 times most nights.

5) Favorite Toys? Pretty much anything new she can get her hands on. She's especially fond of paper and plastic, haha. As far as actual toys go, she does like the Fisher Price Learn and Laugh Puppy toy. My mom ordered it for her for Christmas after I put it on a wish list. It sings and talks in Japanese and English.

6) Any words? No "real" words. She babbles a lot with "dadada," "bababa," "rarara," "mamama," etc., and makes some other funny noises like "ait."

7) Size of clothing? Usually between 6-12 months, but I've put her in some 18 months stuff, too. Why can't brand sizes be more universal?!

8) How many teeth? Zero, but she's been teething lately.

9) Mellow baby? Moody? Terror? She's pretty happy unless she's tired.

10) Concerns? I still worry sometimes that she doesn't get enough sleep, but now that she's napping more, I'm a little more relaxed about it.

11) Joys? I just love watching her learn and grow. I love her laughs!

12) And while we're at it, how are you feeling emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc? Emotionally, I've been feeling a bit homesick lately. I talk to my family over Skype pretty frequently, but it's not the same. Physically, I'm tired, but who isn't? Lack of sleep probably isn't helping me emotionally, either!
LolaBadola likes this.

February 13th, 2014, 05:26 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) Who's still breastfeeding? Carter is still very much a boogie baby. It is kind of a problem. I may not be able to wean him at 1 year.

2) Trying to crawl? Crawling? Pulling up? Walking? Hes been crawling for about 3 or 4 months now. He pulls up and walks around everything. He will walk while pushing boxes around the house...or end tables or laundry baskets. And he will, with trepidation, attempt and sometimes succeed at taking a few independent steps.

3) Favorite finger foods? everythung on the planet! He recently discovered goldfish and grilled cheese. Life changed!

4) Naps and nighttime status? 9am and 1pm naps for an hour and some change. Does not sleep through the night...don't want to discuss it! ;-)

5) Favorite Toys? (I can't tell who's more bored with our toys, Owen or me) stuffed monkey and diaper boxes. He loves climbing I
In the dishwasher. It has become ridiculous!

6) Any words? mama..not as a word though, and he growls all the time which is awesome

7) Size of clothing? 12 month

8) How many teeth? 2 bottom, and his fangs just cut through...gonna be an interesting look!

9) Mellow baby? Moody? Terror? joyful and mellow he's the freaking best!

10) Concerns? none

11) Joys? his existence! And seeing him love his big brother so much

12) And while we're at it, how are you feeling emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc? I feel amazing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search