Lexi's first ear infection!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2014, 05:10 PM
May 2013 Cohost
So Lexi's first cold is happening right now. Last night was so bad - she was on/off crying for 2 hours, then slept fitfully the entire night, calling out every 2 hours. I took her to the pedi this am and she has her first ear infection! Ugh. I just hope she doesn't get chronic ear infections like my son did and end up needing tubes.
February 26th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Poor Lexi. Hopefully she feels better soon!

February 26th, 2014, 07:22 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I.hate.ear.infections Poor little lady!! I hope she gets better quick. And stays that way. We have been doing the "avoid the tubes" song and dance for the past three months. So far, it's been moderately successful. But I suspect we are heading for another one right now and I'm dreading what the doc says if she has one
February 26th, 2014, 08:22 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say if she only now is having her first ear infection, then she should be in the clear as far as needing tubes. We've had about 3 of them so far.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 26th, 2014, 09:52 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Joy, my son didn't start with the chronic ear infections until he started preschool, so he was already 2.5! He had maybe 2-3 prior to that, and none prior to 11 months. It's really bc I have sheltered Lexi from any germs/sick kids. I did the same with my son. She literally has never been sick until now. My son's first illness wasn't until 11 months, and he had an ear infection as well. We'll see. Fingers crossed!
February 27th, 2014, 03:30 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor Lexi. Hope she gets to feeling better soon. Avery had her first cold about a month ago and we are already on number 2. The runny nose doesn't bother me, but that poor little congested baby cough breaks my heart.
February 27th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Wow, that's great that she hasn't been sick yet. Testament to your vigilance! My kids have been sick a lot this winter. I'm tired of it. I hope she feels better soon!

February 27th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Brock's minion
Poor baby, that stinks! Brock has been sick 3 times, once with pneumonia at New Years so it's terrible.

Michelle
February 28th, 2014, 06:14 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This has been a tough winter for the babes. Hope she is better soon!! Look up putting drops of breast milk in her ear.

February 28th, 2014, 12:24 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^Weve also had success with garlic oil. Makes her smell like an Italian restaurant...but does the trick! Lol.

I think my kids just have broken ears, really. All three of mine have battled a very large number of them. Liam from 4-24 months. He had about one or two a month that entire time. Kieran started later, like your son, and got them primarily between 11 months and 20 months, he has been clear for a while. Jo doesn't get them and then heal, which is problematic. She had one chronic one from October until December that responded to nothing we did. Finally got rid of to have a quick one in January that thankfully took a hike easily. I just worry about her getting another one like that first one that caused a blood infection. That was scary. And I don't think my doc would tolerate another of those before just going straight to tubes. Blah....ears are for the birds!! Otherwise my kids are remarkably healthy!! Very few colds, viruses, or other issues, just those darn ears.
March 2nd, 2014, 06:20 PM
May 2013 Cohost
So now my son is sick - he just threw up tonight. When it rains it pours!
March 3rd, 2014, 04:49 PM
Ugh how awful!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search