Food question

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Erin80
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am still having major issues getting Lilah to eat. She won't eat any veggies besides sweet potato, and she won't eat any meat at all.

She eats oatmeal cereal every day, yogurt every day, and fruit mixed with oatmeal every day as well. Any time I try to give her a veggie mixed with meat, she won't eat it.
rheaimedved likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
April 4th, 2014, 04:24 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, Kody just recently started eating like a normal baby, table foods, and jarred baby food. He really doesn't care for vegetables either. I don't sweat it...he's getting plenty of nutrients from breastmilk still, and he gets fiber from the fruit. He will eat jarred carrots if I mix them with pears. You might try mixing her favorite fruit with veggies, or even do a smoothie in the blender? Maybe if the sweetness of the fruits are there, she will take the veggies. If you're worried about iron, you could add some liquid vitamin drops. Since she's eating the yogurt, she's getting protein, so I wouldn't worry too much about the meats. Those things smell like dog food (IMO), anyway. I've gotten Kody to eat a little bit of meats by mixing it into something he likes. Otherwise I just do what he likes and avoid a fight, because for a long time he was refusing baby foods or any food, so now that he eats it, I am all for letting him eat what he wants to keep the experience positive.
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 5th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks I don't buy the jarred meats, lol, I make my own in the magic bullet and mix with chicken broth.

April 5th, 2014, 05:41 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Do you use canned chicken broth or homemade? I have yet to make any meats. I have used the combo meat jars - summer vegetable turkey and chicken and sweet potato. She did well with those. But now she's on table foods so is rejecting jar food. I tried shredded chicken the other day and she was not digging it. I'll keep trying! But, like Joy said, they get protein from other sources - cheese, yogurt, breast milk...so I'm not too worried. Most 11 months olds don't like meat. How about hummus? Lexi loves hummus!

Last edited by kary4; April 5th, 2014 at 05:44 AM.
April 5th, 2014, 07:26 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ah that's smart to avoid the jarred meats, Erin. Those things are disgusting! LOL.
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 5th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua loves chicken but he's a greedy thing eats anything x

April 5th, 2014, 03:31 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Have you tried giving her pieces of meat, rather than a puree?
April 5th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, we tried small pieces of dark chicken meat a while ago....she gagged and gagged on it and scared me to death so I took it away.

I use Campbell's chicken broth to mix with my chicken, and I never try to feed her straight meat in puree form....I always mix it with sweet potato since she likes that..........however, I guess she doesn't like the chicken flavour because once it is mixed in, she won't eat it.

April 8th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like she's actually eating pretty well! We can trick Misha into some kind of cereal once a day, and usually he'll eat some other kind of random stuff we give him... cheerios, puffs, etc, some table food, chunks of meat, fruits, regular potato, some vegetables (spinach and broccoli). He really likes chicken-veggie soup, but most other things consist of either a few bites or us tricking/forcing him to eat a little. But, still, like 30 oz a day of breast milk.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search