Dreaming?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NewlyMrs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Some nights after I put Lilah to bed, she'll wake up screaming and crying - always about an hour to 90 min after she has gone down. She cries like she's terrified. Most times I need to go in and pick her up and rock her back to sleep to calm her down. Tonight she quieted down just as I got to her door.

Do you think babies can have bad dreams at this age? I don't know what she'd be dreaming about, nothing bad happens in her day besides falling down a bazillion times (usually onto her bum though). She's walking way more than crawling now which is why she falls so much!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
April 17th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Kaeldra woke up screaming just the other night and I could not console her for a long time. It scared me! She finally settled down after I got her to nurse. I did some research and decided I'm pretty sure she was having a night terror. My husband had them growing up and it is thought to probably be hereditary. You're apparently not supposed to try to soothe a baby during a night terror, like you're not supposed to wake someone while they're sleep walking. No wonder she just seemed to cry harder. At the time, though, I didn't know what was going on. I guess I'll know for the future. From what I read, yes, babies this young can have nightmares and night terrors. It probably doesn't take much for a bad dream to form...heck, they could dream about running out of milk to drink or their mommy being missing, which I'm sure is very scary for a little baby!

April 17th, 2014, 01:07 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw poor girls! I'd say if she takes to you comforting her then definitely keep doing it. She could also be just entering that deep sleep and then get out of sorts. Does that ever happen to you where you jerk awake and you're disoriented? Happens to me all the time. Hope she grows out of it
rheaimedved likes this.

April 18th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ahh that sucks. Poor babies. I would imagine it's very disorienting for them to wake up, especially in the night when it's dark.
April 24th, 2014, 10:46 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Seems like Kody just started doing the night terror thing too. Just the last 2 nights, he woke up crying hard and very hard to soothe back to sleep. Not sure what that is about. Poor dude.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search