Normal life of the board/feedback?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By mrsjl
  • 3 Post By kurly
  • 4 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Erin80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2014, 12:10 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey mommies. This is my first playroom and first time being a host. Just curious if it is normal for a board to slow down once we all become busy with toddlers? Is there anything I can do as a host to make it a better playroom? I'm open to feedback so don't be shy!! Honestly I haven't been posting many topics because it's pretty much same ol' same ol' over here!

April 17th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure this is the first time I've been in a playroom I'm really tired all the time the now this pregnancy seems much harder plus I was back at work this wk so my energy is gone it would be good to see morePosts but it's hard when it's mostly daily routine

April 17th, 2014, 02:44 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you are doing fine as host, it just gets really slow once people start adding people to facebook. other than posting some random topics each day I don't think there's much you can do, although I have never been host!

you'll find it also really slows as the weather gets nicer and as the babies get more active.

April 17th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Super Mommy
I think it's probably normal to start slowing. Now that our babies are walking, sleeping at night, eating real food- it's easier to be out and about. It's very welcome to me- I was sooooooo sick and tired of feeling trapped in my house. I'm no longer sitting on the couch with my ipad hitting "refresh", lol! But I do still check in when I can to see how everyone is doing.
April 17th, 2014, 02:54 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my baby isn't walking or sleeping through the night, and I am in denial that he is soon to be a year old.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

April 17th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Super Mommy
Haha okay sorry- I will speak for myself. They do all develop differently. That's MY excuse.
mrsjl, EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.
April 17th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
I was on a JM Board with my first and the same thing happened on that one too. I think everyone is just really busy, unfortunately. I know that's definitely the case for me. There have been so many times I've wanted to post a question or thought on here and then got sidetracked. Boo!

April 17th, 2014, 05:48 PM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I honestly just forget to check this forum for days and days at a time! Life gets busy. I also am not entirely comfortable posting a lot about my daughter and pictures and such on a public forum like this one. It was different when I was pregnant but ever since she was born I've felt more protective and the need to be private about things. I think that's why a lot of DDC move to secret FB groups.
April 17th, 2014, 06:36 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I've definitely been out more and it's awesome! I love spring! Now that Lexi is on the sippy cup and not tied to the boob it is freedom!

On another note, my son started regressing with his behavior (way too long and complicated to get into) so I have been really exhausted lately. But I'm definitely still reading all your posts!
April 17th, 2014, 07:51 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome! Thank you all for responding. So great to hear we are all just busy enjoying our busy babies! It's nice to know this forum is here for when we need each other!

Kary-sorry to hear about your son . We are here to listen if you need some support!

April 17th, 2014, 08:24 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think too, pregnancy is a time where you are filled with varied emotions, and you are in such anticipation, that it's fun to have a bunch of other women all at the edge of their seats with you, if you know what I mean! That way we could all discuss each new ache, pain, worry, dream, etc. But once the babies are born, our focus is a little different. Yes, we think about them all day long, but things sort of change...our focus is more on the day to day with them and less on obsessing and Googling stuff. I think anyway! At least for me. Plus I feel like things are a bit boring because it's pretty much the same day in and day out. Well, more or less.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 18th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It is totally normal for PR's to slow way down as the babies get older. I was in 2 other PR's for my 2 older girls, and the same thing happened. Each PR made a group on FB, and now pretty much no one comes onto the JM site - they just do it all through FB....kinda like a one stop shop You are doing fine as a host though, no worries! I try to post here once in a while.
NewlyMrs likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
April 18th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I second Joy-- things are constantly changing with pregnancy and newborns, there's just a lot more to post about! Now we're all in a routine and things are pretty stable on a day to day basis. But I'm glad some of you have stuck around!
April 18th, 2014, 11:28 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yep, totally normal. I actually think we are doing better than many other rooms at this point. I know my PR with my last son literally had two people left posting and it was basically a once-a-week check-in thing. So we are actually on a roll

I just don't come on as often cause I am trying to keep the Internet time down now that I'm not nursing round the clock (mostly when I got on). We just spend more time outside and going places. I still check in every few days though

You are doing just fine!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search