And we are done :'(

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2014, 12:30 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
With bed sharing

I had to go back on my meds, it was getting too bad to ignore and I wasn't making a good choice for my whole family if I continued to not take them. So, all in one day, I put the fourth side on the crib in my room and started my meds again. It's been almost a week and has been up and down. She is sleeping shorter increments of time (I think she was not waking from 12-4 when we were bed sharing), but she only cried when I laid her in it for 2 nights. It was so pathetic, she would reach through the bars to touch me (its right up against our bed). She is adjusting okay, a bit more clingy through the day. I hope she adapts better soon so we can all get a bit more sleep.

But I wasn't ready. It made me a bit sad. I guess it's the first step in her moving into her own room, which isn't a bad thing. Sometimes I get mad that my brain is screwy. Lol. The good news is I got relief within three days and it will continue to help until it builds into my system in about 6 weeks. I feel much calmer and more patient.
LolaBadola likes this.
April 25th, 2014, 01:39 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw, sad day. Sorry you had to do it cold turkey, as far as the bed sharing goes. Glad to hear your meds are helping you. I totally hear you on getting mad that your brain is screwy! I'm right there with you! I hope she continues to adjust to sleeping on her own. She had a good long run of sleeping with mom, and it's nice that she is right next to you.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 25th, 2014, 07:54 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw sorry to hear its a rough transition but so good she's right next to you. Most important that mama is healthy and I'm glad you're already feeling better. Hope she adjusts quickly! I'm sure she will!

April 28th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, I know it is sad. We gave it up last month and I think I had a harder time than her. I still get to nurse her to sleep and than just lay her in her crib next to the bed. We also stick fingers back and forth .

I hope you start to fell better. My thyroid meds are finally stabilized, yeah! So I understand needing to feel better. I am finally feeling like old self, more energy for the rest of the family, and a happy baby in the morning. I still need to remind myself once in awhile that it was a good thing, but sometimes it's hard to let them go.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search