Joshua's birthday

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2014, 03:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is anybody else not doing much for their child's birthday I'm just having a few friends round literally 2 and my mum but I feel guilty with my daughter we had a huge party but a lot of my friends can't make it due to sick children and impending labour I just feel a bit sad like nobody's bothered although I know he doesn't know what's happening it's prob pregnancy hormones as well

April 26th, 2014, 07:32 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not doing much for Kody's birthday. Honestly it just seems (to me) to be a bit much when they're only 1 year old to do a big party. Plus my DH is not into birthdays much, so I have gotten out of the habit of doing very much celebrating. We always do something for Ethan, though, he wouldn't be happy if we didn't celebrate his birthday!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 26th, 2014, 06:42 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I don't think it's a big deal to not celebrate much when they are a year. You will have plenty of years to celebrate big. We do a family party, but happen to have a pretty large, and overly involved, family. So it ends up being big anyway. But keeping it simple is fine too. No guilt allowed
April 26th, 2014, 07:21 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Same with us! Maybe it's the whole second child thing, bc we went all out for my son. I feel a little guilty, but somewhat relieved bc it's cheaper! Is that horrible?!!
EverydayJoy likes this.
April 27th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No kary I was relived to about the cost we've booked a holiday and with the new baby we need to save I've family coming down for his actual birthday on wed so that's good and he seemed to have fun anyway x

April 27th, 2014, 05:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We aren't doing much at all. My MIL is turning 65 on the 24th, and my moms bday is the 19th......Lilah's is the 20th. We live 3-4 hrs away from our families, so we are going home (to my parents) for Lilah's birthday so we can celebrate everyone at the same time. My MIL always throws herself a big birthday party - which I find so strange, but whatever!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search