Any babies still not walking yet?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By misty3281
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 2 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2014, 09:46 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
Claire will be a year on the 28th, and isn't walking yet. I'm not seriously worried about it...but I will admit I'm curious about the other babies on here!

She walks really well with her little walking toy, and can stand unassisted for short periods of times (15 seconds, at most) but doesn't have the balance to take any steps yet.

Are we alone? Any other May babies yet to hit this milestone?
May 10th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
You're not alone. Kaeldra isn't walking yet, though I think she's close. We live in a pretty small apartment, so she might just not feel the need to walk when she can crawl around everywhere so easily, haha. She has enough strength for walking, but still needs to work on the balance.

May 11th, 2014, 10:52 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Actually, a large number of babies dont walk until 13 or 14 months. I haven't had one walk before their first birthday yet (both boys were 13.5 months, Jo is a couple weeks away).

We have up to 5 steps at a time, but her main method of getting around is crawling, so we don't have a walker yet. I anticipate it will be in a few weeks. She turned one on the 9th.

Most doc don't worry at all until 18 months. All kids have their own timeline.
May 11th, 2014, 02:42 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Lexi is like Claire..she can stand unassisted for short periods and can use her walking toy well..but no independent steps yet. I'm not worried at all. My son was almost 17 months before he walked and it was very worrisome...he's a different story though (low tone, so delayed on everything - needed physical therapy)...he didn't even pull to stand until 13 months, so what Lexi is doing now at 12 months is a relief to me!
May 11th, 2014, 07:41 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Avery is almost 13 months and still doesn't walk on her own. She can do it holding on to just one of my fingers, but if I make her let go she just stays there until she sits. My pedi had said they aren't considered delayed until after 15 months, so I'm just letting her do her thing.
May 12th, 2014, 11:46 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
(For some reason I read that you WERE worried....I need my eyes checked! Lol).
May 12th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Totally normal! I guess I have early-ish walkers....my first walked right on her 1st bday, my middle was 11 1/2 months, and miss Lilah was my earliest at just shy of 11 months. She's a walking pro now

I have lots of friends whose babies didn't walk until even up to 16 months. I was in no rush for Lilah to walk, since she is my last baby....but she had other plans!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
May 12th, 2014, 01:30 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
I'm not worried, no. But I have to admit I do compare (I know, BAD MOMMY!) We have friends who had babies around the same time. One couple had a LO 7 weeks before Claire was born, and he began walking right at 10 months (never crawled, though). Another couple had a little girl born 2 weeks after Claire, and she's been walking for a few weeks.

I know she'll do things in her own time, and I'm fine with her taking her time. But I have to admit that it's in the back of my mind when all of the babies are together and Claire is the only one still crawling.
May 12th, 2014, 07:57 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Don't beat yourself up about comparisons. It's almost impossible not to. As long as you really do know that she is fine, it won't hurt anything (and as long as no one is being harassing about it, of course).

I have two close friends whose kids are right in line with my kids. It's naturally what we talk about...who is doing what. It becomes less "obvious" as they get older. As their personalities develop. Now with the 4.5 and 2.5 year olds, it's about interests and funny things they do And one mama, her second was light years ahead of the other two (mine and another guy) back when they were babies. And now her third is the most chill of the bunch.
May 16th, 2014, 05:28 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
he is very wobbly and can only walk short distances (like across a room) and he only started 2 days ago (on his due date!)

May 16th, 2014, 07:34 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope not walking here either! He just within the last week can stand unassisted now.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
May 17th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua not walking either he can stand unassisted but my daughter didn't walk till about 14months so I think he will soon x

May 18th, 2014, 05:32 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So as soon as I say she isn't, Avery starts walking. She started on the 16th so right at 13 months. She's still only 17 lbs so she looks like she shouldn't be that mobile yet.
EverydayJoy likes this.
May 18th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sera is not walking yet but very close. She can walk holding one of my fingers.

May 19th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Brock's minion
Brock walks across the room unassisted and seems to take a few more steps everyday but I wouldn't call him a walker yet.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Michelle
May 19th, 2014, 06:39 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^This is where we are now too. She does a good amount in the house and can take some outside or whatever. She will walk across the room and even carry stuff. But she still mostly chooses to crawl. When she starts choosing to walk as her primary mode of transportation is when ill call her a walker. But I think it might be a while, she has to keep up with the boys!
EverydayJoy and Mrsbowbin like this.
May 25th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Misha still isn't walking either! Occasionally he'll hold our fingers and walk, but usually he immediately sits back down and cries if we even try hahah. He's a super fast crawler, though, and has been standing unassisted for awhile now. It seems like he just has no incentive to walk, but I'm a little disappointed because we're in Moscow now and it makes outings really difficult, in the respect that he gets restless in his stroller or the carrier but we can't just let him walk around. We were surprised he didn't walk earlier because both my mom and I started walking at 8/9 months and Misha has been so strong and early in other things (holding up his head, rolling, crawling, etc)
May 29th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Nope. Owen has only mastered crawling in the last month or so. He stands unassisted for 5-10 seconds, walks with his walker, and occasionally takes one step, but that's it. I was stressing about it too for a while, particularly when he wasn't even crawling at 10 months, but I think he's just a do-things-in-my-own time kinda guy.

May 31st, 2014, 03:18 PM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
No walking here. He will stand and occasionally take a little stutter step but immediately drops down to his butt. his brother didn't walk until 18 months so it's all good.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search