VBAC Birth Story of Luyando IfeOluwa N.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 9 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By *AngieKH*
  • 2 Post By lovely.carlie
  • 1 Post By JaxonsMom2010
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 1 Post By LucilleTwo
  • 1 Post By marybethsmom
  • 1 Post By Lav

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grand Entrances of our Little Woodlanders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2012, 11:42 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH came back friday night from aussie as planned and we dtd. Earlier that day I had a disappointing visit with the OB; still no dilation and she seemed to have moved back from 0 to -1 birth station. I was so disappointed and decided I had no chance of a VBAC again and made peace that it will be a C/S. The OB also asked if it was okay to move the C/S to Monday rather than Tuesday since he is going out of town on Tuesday and would like to be able to check on me the day after surgery. Agreed with the change.

Saturday morning my aunt, whose flight was delayed the day before also arrived. So, all my birthing team was around. I read some of the encouraging posts made in response to my post in our DDC about giving up on VBAC and decided I wasn't going to give up until it was noon on monday (c/s scheduled for 1pm).

Went to take a walk Saturday evening with the hope of walking the baby out. Walked 2 miles; intense walk. DH and dd went with me but they just hung out on the field watching me walk like a mad woman around the high school field. Prayed while walking and left the field feeling no change. Went about my normal day afterwards. DH wanted to dtd that night and that was the most uncomfortable dtd I ever had; just felt uncomfortable. An hour later at 1am I was cramping so left the bedroom and went to lie down in the living room. I felt contraction for a while but finally fell asleep at 2am. Woke up at 3.05am still contracting. Started timing and it felt like every 7 minutes. Timed until 5pm and went back to the bedroom to get dh to run a bath to see if it will stop. Laid in the bathtub with dh timing the contractions and they seem even closer together.

Went to the hospital at 6am; was admitted to L&D At 6.10am. I was only 60% effaced and 1cm dilated. Was told they will check me again in 2 hours to see if I progress. Started walking around the floor, doing squats, swaying hips, and breathing through contractions. Was 3.5cm and 70% dilated at 8.10am so was admitted. Was asked if I want my doctor to come do the C/S or if I'll labor; told them to forget the first option. Started laboring and got to meet the doctor covering for my doctor. He gave me the consent for VBAC form which explained all the risks. He checked me and I was a 4. Had my epidural and he broke my water. Went to a 7 in couple of minutes. He checked me in another hour and I was still at 7cm. So, he decided to add some pitocin in very minute dose. Added that and that didn't do the trick; was till at 7cm an hour later so he upped the pitocin still. He came in at couple of minutes past 2 and we tried a practice push. He never really told me I was 10cm. He left me to practice with the nurse and came back in couple more minutes. They both started coaching me through the pushing; my aunt who used to be a gynecologist and is now a radiologist gave me the best advice. She said push like you are pushing out a very hard poop. That was helpful because I wasn't feeling much with the epi. Baby was not tolerating the pushes and contractions well so they turned off the pitocin sometime in between the pushes. Pushed from 2.30pm and baby was here at 3.07pm. Those 37 minutes were probably the hardest ones of my life but definitely worth it. She was 6lbs 6oz and 19 inches long. She is so beautiful and we are all in love. I am just so grateful to God that I was blessed with a VBAC and that DH was able to be there; thanks also for all the wonderful ladies of the OCT 2012 DDC who encouraged me throughout, particularly when I had given up.

Here she is below

Sisters, friends forever
October 5th, 2012, 02:23 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Thanks for sharing your story! I'm so glad things went well for your VBAC too!
yashobo likes this.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
October 5th, 2012, 10:00 PM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
Thank you for sharing! We should never underestimate gods plan for us so glad you got your VBAC.
yashobo and marybethsmom like this.

October 6th, 2012, 08:12 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad you got your vacation. Thanks for sharing.
yashobo likes this.

October 7th, 2012, 01:08 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congratulations of your vbac! Have had 2 - I know how scary it is to hope for one, not know if you will actually be "allowed" or able to do it. I bet you feel amazing!

I am a month out from my second VBAC and stlll so proud of myself!
yashobo likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

October 7th, 2012, 02:44 PM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
Great story! Thanks for sharing!
yashobo likes this.

October 8th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amazing how God has it all in His hands, right down to the last minute. She is just beautiful!
yashobo likes this.

October 8th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
what a precious girl and wonderful story! I'm so happy for you
yashobo likes this.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
October 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMom2010 View Post
So glad you got your vacation. Thanks for sharing.
Haha! Vacation was suppose to be vbac. Stupid autocorrect.

October 10th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Pageturner
She is so beautiful

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search