Theron Andrew

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By abur

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grand Entrances of our Little Woodlanders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Peytonsmomma
As I have stated alot on our forum, every birth is different, what you may have stressed over and over and over for a birth plan can go out the window in seconds

This starts this past sunday when we went to the hospital and i posted about the AWFUL nurse ....we really should've delivered that day, had she actually been paying attention to his heartrate and contractions instead of being so worried about the EPO this could have turned out different. Wednesday the 3rd, i started contracting every 5 minutes starting at 530pm by 8 pm that night they were slowing down to 10minutes so i went to bed ...still contracted HARD every 10 minutes, at 145am i woke mike up just to tell him that instead of him going to work that morning i thought it would be best if he checked me into the hospital bc i had been contracting for that long, he asked if this was it did i want to go now, i told him babe give me a min ( going thru a contraction) after it was done i got up to go pee and BAAM the contractions hit me, every minutes i started bawling it was the WORST pain of my life, got dressed told him lets go, got to he hospital at 3am ( had to drop my daughter off)got on the monitor, got checked i was at a full 3 baby was engaged, she told me i wasnt leaving on her shift just by how low he was and that she would run 20 minutes of strip and then call to see if i could get admitted, she came back 3 minutes later and said there was something wrong, she wasnt understanding why i was having this intense of contractions at only a 3, that every time i would contract he would decel, and then his heartrate would shoot right back up over the baseline that was normal, so on my side i went where the contractions got worse, i was crying so hard, since he was having such bad decels and then to high of accels i couldnt get in the jacuzzi, 530 came and she getting very concerned that his heartrate wasnt flatlining like normal, got a order form the dr to give me some meds to knock out the contractions, that did nothing, his heartrate increased, dr came in at 615am, broke my water to see if that extra push would level everything out, put internal fetal monitors on his head to see what was going on with him, at that time they were concerned bc i had gone up to a 4 but was having full blown labor contractions for a 8-9 centimeters dialation, three strong contractions back to back came, his heartrate went from the 190's and shot down to in the 40's ...she said ok lets go! they rushed me off to a emergency csection, Theron Andrew was born 656am weighing 8lbs 6oz 20 " long, 14" head...cord was wrapped TIGHTLY around his neck!! had to be in the nursery for 4 hours that morning, so i saw him for 15 seconds that morning right when he was born, he had a fever, breathing issues, heartrate still high, that all cleared up and i was able to have him come to my room, he looks nothing like me lol!! he has blonde hair ( my sister is the only person who has blonde hair in the family lol) I am so in love with my SO...he was there every step of the way, calmed my fears held me as i bawled my eyes out during this very scary situation. we are home now, and i told mike, it doesnt matter what type of birth you have or birth plan as long as you have a healthy baby that is all that matters.
I couldnt imagine my life without Theron in it....as of right now he hasnt passed 4 hearing tests at the hospital...we are home now, after 2 days at the hospital
October 6th, 2012, 04:46 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Oh hon, I am so sorry things got so scary!! I am so very thankful that you and baby are doing okay, and will pray that he passes his hearing test soon. I hope your recovery goes well, and I totally understand your sentiments about it not mattering what kind of a birth you have as long as the baby is healthy in the end. I've done the c/s and the vbac, and both were amazing, life changing experiences. There is no easy way to bring a baby into the world, and EACH ONE that is born is a total miracle, and a total blessing! Congratulations on your newest addition!

October 6th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Peytonsmomma
Thank you!
October 7th, 2012, 03:33 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Oh gosh I am sorry that it turned out to be so scary! Like you said though, all that matters is a healthy baby. I hope he will pass his hearing test very soon.

October 7th, 2012, 07:40 AM
lovely.carlie's Avatar MaKinslie's Mommy
Oh my God, I would have wanted to smack the original nurse so bad!! Ugh. I'm happy you and your little boy are doing good though because that would have been a terrifying event for me. Good job momma, can't wait to see pics!

October 7th, 2012, 11:26 AM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
Glad you are all home! Thanks for sharing your story Hope you have a smooth recovery and can't wait to see pics of your little man!

October 7th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Peytonsmomma
I posted a pic in the pp thread by doremi
October 9th, 2012, 08:53 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what a story. Glad everything turned out well and that you had a good nurse who caught up on things. I pray Theron passes his hearing tests soon. Thanks for sharing.

Sisters, friends forever
October 9th, 2012, 11:09 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! How scary! Glad everything turned around.

October 9th, 2012, 11:19 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
That was very scary, but I'm glad things turned out ok. Hope he passes his hearing test soon. Hannah didn't pass the first time, but they tried it a little sooner than they usually do.

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
October 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw We both had really scary experiences! And our babies are almost the same size! But I'm glad he is here and healthy!!! Hannah also didn't pass her hearing tests at first for the right side, but she finally got a good score at the last moment. It can be due to fluid on the ear (more likely with c-sections) or the room being too noisy - if the nurse or whoever does the test is talking, tell them to shut up He still has time to pass though! Congrats, lady!
Peytonsmomma likes this.
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

October 11th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Pageturner
Awe how scary but glad it turned out well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search