Hannah Grace's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By abur
  • 1 Post By LucilleTwo
  • 1 Post By cincy1luv
  • 1 Post By LoverlyJules
  • 1 Post By ShutterBabe
  • 1 Post By Peytonsmomma
  • 1 Post By JillN31
  • 1 Post By *AngieKH*
  • 1 Post By Lav
  • 1 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By JaxonsMom2010

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grand Entrances of our Little Woodlanders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2012, 10:30 AM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It all started on Friday 10/5 when I went to my regular OB appt for an NST. My BP was elevated and they decided that, though the baby passed the NST with flying colors, mama was too much of a risk.

I was admitted to my room in L&D and was started on a cervical ripening agent (pill) to hopefully get me going. It didn't work, so I was started on Pitocin Saturday morning. On Pitocin, I started contractions and my water broke. The contractions got very painful and I requested an epidural..this was at about 3 pm...around 4 I was checked and 3.5 cms. They inserted a catheter to better measure the contractions strength and frequency. Around 7:30 I started to get painful contractions radiating from my ribs and requested to get more pain meds. They gave me 3 straight shots into my back (I should have known better) and laid me down. I was checked again...no progress and my cervix was swollen. They told me I would need a section and I tried to stay calm. I started to get VERY uncomfortable in my legs (I had been on one side too long) and had to have DH turn me over because the nurse was nowhere to be found (yes, it was THAT bad...). She finally returned and I still felt the pain and started freaking out and had to be moved again...no relief and babies HR plummeted...they gave me oxygen and put me on my hands and everyone ran in to rush me to the OR...(I didn't know it at the time but apparently when they did this, DH said he saw blood everywhere...)

Finally in the OR, they got me prepped and DH finally joined me. We were both in complete disbelief that this was how everything turned out. DH watched the procedure and I was having a hard time with my leg pain and being SO cold. They pulled baby out...not a sound. I heard everyone start rushing around the room and DH stayed calm even though he saw them pull Hannah out totally purple. It seemed like eternity, but DH finally heard her cry and told me she was okay. She swallowed/aspirated some meconium which we were still dealing with this morning, but she is perfect now. She did not have to be put in NICU and was allowed in PACU with us She has been a trooper throughout my pregnancy - she just got the eviction notice and had to make sure she had the most eventful delivery possible!!

She got checked today 10/7 and her lungs are great. She also immediately found and latched on to the nipple when I attempted to BF she is amazing and we are SO in love and I will post a picture when I am home and can use my computer.

Also, I am healing well, minimal bleeding and am not hurting too bad. I will attempt to move around tonight - wish me luck!!!

Sorry if this is super long and tedious but it was just an experience I will NEVER forget...sorry for the typos too thanks for reading!
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

October 7th, 2012, 11:28 AM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
Welcome baby Hannah! Rest up mama and wishing you a smooth recovery!
abur likes this.

October 7th, 2012, 01:06 PM
cincy1luv's Avatar 1st time mommy
Welcome Hannah! Rest up mama and glad things are going well now!!
abur likes this.
October 7th, 2012, 01:51 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad everyone is doing well now. Rest up and snuggle that baby girl!
abur likes this.

October 7th, 2012, 01:51 PM
ShutterBabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear things all worked out! Welcome to the world little girl! Feel better Momma!!
abur likes this.

October 7th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Peytonsmomma
Good job mamma!!!!
abur likes this.
October 7th, 2012, 04:07 PM
JillN31's Avatar Veteran
Congratulations! Sorry you had such a scary experience but I'm glad that she's doing well
abur likes this.

Brady James, Sullivan Thomas, and our newest addition Colin Robert born 10/10/12.
October 7th, 2012, 06:02 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
That had to be scary for you and your husband. Sorry you went through so much but I'm so happy that she's here safely now and you get to be with her.
abur likes this.

October 8th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
congratulations on your sweet baby girl! I'm sorry it didn't work out the way you had imagined. But baby is healthy and that's all that counts good job, mama. can't wait to see pics!
abur likes this.

my little love bug Savina Celestiale arrived 10/16/12 measuring 6lb 5oz, 20 inches
October 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats momma; sorry it was such a traumatic experiences. Please know you did the absolute best you could for your lil baby and I am so glad she is here, healthy and all. I had an emergency c-section with dd#1 and it took me a while to process the quick transition to c-section. Glad baby girl more than makes up for it. A healthy baby and momma is all that is important. Congrats to you and your family. Welcome Hannah
abur likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
October 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats mom! Glad she is here safe.
abur likes this.

October 12th, 2012, 12:15 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was definitely an experience, but I'm okay with it. It showed me that I could be strong in a really difficult situation and it made DH really respect me. I just knew Hannah would pull through too Thanks mamas
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search