Coleson's birth story....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By jlstebbins
  • 1 Post By LucilleTwo
  • 1 Post By yashobo
  • 1 Post By *AngieKH*
  • 1 Post By JaxonsMom2010
  • 1 Post By bryan and nina

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grand Entrances of our Little Woodlanders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2012, 07:21 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Well, it all started on Wednesday, Sept 19. I went to the doctor that morning, and was told I was dialated to a 2 and was 70% effaced. I was sooo excited that something was happening. Later on we got home from church that evening and I was very tired. I told DH I couldnt sleep in our bed anymore because I was just way to uncomfortable and that I would just sleep on the couch. Well, he said he would sleep in the living room with me, to be there with me. Awww....how sweet! So we went to bed around 10 pm, and I could not get comfy at all. I was getting a stomach ache off and on, so I woke DH up at 11 pm and told him that I wanted to go back into the bedroom. So we went back into the bedroom to bed, and I couldnt sleep at all. My stomach just kept hurting and I was not sure what was going on. At 12:30 am, still not asleep, I started feeling contractions. They were coming on every 12 minutes or so, and started thinking it could be real labor. I kept getting up and drinking water and just walking around the house hoping they would get stronger or go away, I didnt really care at this point because I was so tired. LOL! So at 2:40 am, contractions were about 7 minutes apart and I called L & D and they said to take a bath drink water blah blah blah. And they also said to not come in till they were at least 5 minutes apart. Well, they kept getting closer and stronger. So at 3:30 am, I got DH up and told him we need to go to the hospital. I woke up DS and told him that Mommy needs to go to the hospital because my stomach hurts and baby brother may want to come out. So we dropped off DS at my good friends house, and she is my neighbor too, which was fast, and drove 30 minutes to the hospital.

We got to L & D at around 4:15am, and they had my files waiting and admitted me right away within 1 minute of walking in there. They checked me and I was already at 5 cm and 100% effaced. My nurse hooked me up to the monitors and baby was doing great. So I went into a bigger room and at around 8 am, I was dialated to an 8, and got my epidural. I had an amazing nurse just FYI. So at 12 pm, they checked me and I was fully dialated and ready to push. So started pushing, and really nothing was happening. He was really low, but just not making any progress on coming out. AND THAN....all of a sudden something went REALLY REALLY wrong with my spine up by my neck. I all of a sudden started screaming and crying with pain in the neck towards the back. They didnt know what was happening and they gave me some strong pain meds through my IV, and it only worked for a good 20 minutes. They gave me more, but only worked for 20 minutes. So during all of this they made me keep pushing and I wasnt going anywhere with him coming out. At 3:30, after 3 1/2 hours of pushing I told my nurse i wanted a c-section. I told her I wasnt pushing anymore because he wasnt coming out unless I had a c-section. DH tried to talk some sense in me, but I got mad due to all of my pain with my neck and pushing for so long and sleep deprivation. Finally, God gave me strength to keep pushing and after 5 hours of HARD CORE pushing, I delivered Coleson Kenneth at 5:01 pm, on Sept 20, 2012. He came out weighing 7 lbs 14 oz, 20. 5 in long. He came out sunny side up, so thats what was keeping him in there so long.

He scored perfect on all his scores, and was absolutely perfect!! It was a really hard labor, but I made it some how by the grace of God.

If you read all of this, you deserve an award!! LOL!!

October 8th, 2012, 02:43 AM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
Thanks for sharing! Posterior babes are hard to push out! That's great that you did it without any "tools." Good job, mama!
jlstebbins likes this.

October 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks! Yeah it was really hard but I made it!

October 9th, 2012, 10:27 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, amazing story. Praise God. Thanks for sharing. Was the pain in your neck/back because he was sunny side up? Bless your heart. Congrats on sticking to the pushing. Don't think I could do 5 hours of pushing. Welcome Coleson
jlstebbins likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
October 9th, 2012, 10:34 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
That sudden pain sounds horrible, but I'm glad you made it through and all is well!
jlstebbins likes this.

October 9th, 2012, 10:50 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Those sunny side up babies are difficult glad all worked out.
jlstebbins likes this.

October 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Thanks everyone!! Yeah the pain may have been bc he was sunny side up. Im not sure!! It was really scary though!!

October 10th, 2012, 04:25 AM
bryan and nina's Avatar Love being a mommy!
Congratulations!! Wow it sure sounds like you had a really tough birth! I'm honestly surprised they kept you pushing that long. Way to go momma, you definitely should be very proud of yourself! Enjoy that cute baby boy!
jlstebbins likes this.

October 16th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Yeah I know im surprised they let me go that long also! Oh well, hes here and we are both safe thats most important! But it was painful though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search