Sariah's Birth Story :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By GiaTortilla

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grand Entrances of our Little Woodlanders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2012, 12:40 PM
GiaTortilla's Avatar FTM to a princess
I was feeling pretty crampy all day on the 20th, so I figured I was preparing for birth, but after it went away, I figured it was just a false alarm. Well at 8 pm my water broke! I kind of was shocked for a minute, but after waking Caden up, he freaked a bit and got us ready while calling our family to let them know it was time. All the way to the hospital we were both laughing in excitement and nervousness, I was actually shaking a bit, I couldn't believe it was actually happening. When I checked into the hosptial, they observed me where they confirmed I was in labor and got me situated into the room. That's when the real fun started. I would be lying if I told you I went through delivery like a champ feeling no pain whatsoever, but it would be a lie. It was awful at times, the contractions were so strong at points, I didn't know what to do. But my mom and Caden really helped me pull through and I'm proud to say I went through both all natural!! I didn't get an epidural or anything like that, the contractions weren't that extreme, so I really really pushed myself to keep it going smoothly. I didn't actually start crowning until about 5:30 ish. So I was in labor for a good 8-9 hours.

The doctors kept checking my vitals and everything was going as it should, it made things a lot easier. All of us were extremely tired at this point, and I was so anxious to get her out already, I was dying, plus I totally felt the ring of fire lol. Finally I was at 10 cm, where I was able to start pushing, and although I didn't get to catch her, I was able to see her head with a mirror. That was probably the most craziest thing I have ever seen, and I've seen some pretty crazy things hehe. I was squeezing Caden's hand and he was just amazingly being encouraging while we worked through that last moment. Finally my doctor was telling me her head's out and to push her shoulders. I think the shoulders were the most painful part, because after that, she really just slipped out.

Then incredibly afterwards, we heard it : her cry! I lost it by then and as they held her up, both Caden and I were crying. They put her in my arms and I just couldn't believe it. She's really tiny!! I honestly thought I'd hurt her by holding her, she's like a doll practically. Caden was then instructed to cut the cord after a minute and even though he practically fainted (seriously looked like a ghost), he still cut the cord with a big smile. God, she was and still is so beautiful, I can't believe how perfect she came out. She just looked up at me and wiggled around, I couldn't stop crying. Once Caden and I bonded with her, she was then taken away to do the tests and what not. Once she was all cleaned up, Caden and my mom got to hold her. Not barely an hour born and she's already got him wrapped around her finger. My mom I think, was more emotional than I was! We then let our friends come and visit her, it was actually nice and not very crowded.

Well I'm currently still at the hospital of course, but things are looking great! I'm so happy my little girl is here, she's perfect! And we found out soon she's quite vocal when putting clothes on :/ lol but aside from that, our pumpkin is doing wonderful! She's so beautiful guys, I can't take my eyes off of her. I actually teared up a bit writing this out. Hope you mamas are enjoying your pumpkins too, we sure are!

Sariah Emerie Aurélie Cruz
Born October 24th at 12:01 pm. 5lbs 3oz and 18 inches long!
Our beautiful little skittle <3
yashobo, jlstebbins and abur like this.

Gia - young mommy to a beautiful princess and wife to one amazing man.
6.24.10/9.24.12./5.25.13 we're married!

Last edited by GiaTortilla; October 21st, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
October 21st, 2012, 06:12 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Congats!!! Shes beautiful!!

October 24th, 2012, 01:04 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is so precious. Congrats and thanks for sharing story.

Sisters, friends forever
November 29th, 2012, 03:27 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Glad things went pretty well. Those long labors are no fun, but congrats on getting through it med free!

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search