Avrey Edward!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jlstebbins

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grand Entrances of our Little Woodlanders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2012, 06:36 PM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
I woke up Thursday morning to get my kids ready for school. Used the bathroom and had a TON of clear liquid discharge. I always check the toilet and I seen a huge glob in the toilet and knew it was my plug. I took my kids to school and went for my morning walk and when I was walking I felt a small gush, thought it was just the discharge. When I got home to shower, my underwear and pants were wet. I put on a pad and rand some errands with a friend and would get small gushes when I would get out of the vehicle. I would have contractions very sporadic about every 30 min to hour and a half. When I got back home, I checked the pad and it was defiantly wet and I looked at the backside and seen the gel was activated. I called my hubby at work and told him I needed to go to the hospital that I thought I was leaking. Went to the Naval Hospital and they did the test strip and it was negative and they said it was just discharge. They checked me and said I was still high and closed. So we went home and I still had sporadic contractions through the day.

About 1145 that night I started getting contractions every 15-20 min apart and they woke me up every time I had one. Around 2 am early Friday morning they were more like 10-15 min apart. I woke up my hubby to let him know I thought it was labor and would wake him when they got closer. At this point I couldnt sleep. At 4 am they were 5-10 min apart, sometimes 3 min apart and were a lot stronger. I woke my hubby and told him we needed to go in and called my neighbor to get my kids while I showered. Called the Naval Hospital and headed in. Tested for amniotic fluid again and was negative and check my cervix and I was 5 cm. They admitted me and the dr came in to check me and I was at 6 cm and dr broke my water where just a trickle of fluid came out. I didn't even know he broke my water, so they said I was right that my water had a leak if not broke on Thursday. I was checked 2 hours later and was at 7 cm. Checked another 2 hours later and was still 7 cm and was then put on a time crunch considering I had already passed 24 hours of my water breaking. Dr said I needed to complete and deliver in 2 hours or I was going back for a c-section. My contractions weren't as strong or close as they should be for being at the stage of labor I was in. She said I needed pitocin, I was scared cause I knew it was gonna hurt so much more. Started the pitocin and contractions got very very intense and right on top of each other! I delivered my other 2 completely natural and wanted to this time also but the pain was very intense so I asked for a epideral. The anesthesiologist came in and remember me from our meeting 4 weeks prior and remembered I delivered natural for the other 2 and wanted to do the same this time. He talked forever and as I sat up to get prepped I felt a huge urge to push. The nurse said she had to check me first and if I was complete I couldn't get the epi. Well I was complete. They started breaking everything down and called the dr in and I started pushing. It was so very intense and 2 contractions, 6 pushes later my lil man was born. He was put right to my chest and we had skin to skin contact for about 45 min to an hour and then they took him to clean him up for me so I could breastfeed. Hes a pro at breastfeeding and doing so well with it. Hes 2 days old and my milk has came in. He is perfect in every way and we are all so in love with him! I am doing good and had a small 1st degree tear that only needed 2 stitches, I am just very sore!

Avrey Edward born Friday October 19th, 2012 at 11:23 am. 8 lbs 3 oz, 21 inches long.

6 days old

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

Last edited by marinewife01; November 8th, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
October 24th, 2012, 02:56 PM
jlstebbins's Avatar *Super*Mega*Mommy*
Congrats!! Cant wait to see pics!!
marinewife01 likes this.

November 8th, 2012, 01:03 PM
marinewife01's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you, ive put pics on other posts but I just added some from his 1st photoshoot on this post!

Kaela-11 Ben-6 Avrey-8 months

November 8th, 2012, 02:55 PM
LoverlyJules's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Adorable!

November 29th, 2012, 09:56 AM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Oh my goodness he's so adorable!!! I wonder why the tests didn't show that it was your water that broke? Glad you didn't have to push for very long!

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), baby boy (coming soon)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search