Jayden's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By michellelove0502

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Grand Entrances of our Little Woodlanders LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 07:45 PM
michellelove0502's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My pregnancy went by very quickly, and I cannot believe that I already have my son here with me. I had a fairly easy pregnancy except for the morning sickness that lasted my whole pregnancy and my constant heart burn. I only gained 18 pounds during my pregnancy and was still able to wear all of my pre pregnancy clothes. Everything was going perfectly fine until my appointment on October 1st. I went to the doctors and when they took my blood pressure they could not believe how high it was so they took it four times. Finally they decided to send me over to the hospital. When I got to the hospital they hooked me up to a monitor, and they took my blood pressure every 15 minutes. After a couple of hours I was allowed to leave but I had to do a 24 hour urine analysis. They wanted me to go back to my doctors on Thursday, October 4th to get my blood pressure taken again. Wednesday night I went to Rite Aid to get my blood pressure taken because I was curious to see if it had dropped. My blood pressure was still very high so I called my doctor to ask her what I should do. She called me back and told me that someone from the hospital was going to be calling me the next morning so I could be induced because I had developed preeclampsia.

I got the phone call around 7am on Thursday, October 4th. The nurse told me to make sure I eat something before coming in. I had a bowl of cereal, I got a shower and I packed my hospital bag. Afterwards I called my mother and sister as well as my mother in law and let them know that I was heading to the hospital and I would be seeing them soon. Me and Ahmed were in such shock we could not believe that we were going to be meeting our little boy on such short notice, we really thought we wouldn't be meeting him until later in the month. When we got to the hospital, my nurse told me that she wanted to try to get the baby out by 7pm, although I knew that was not going to happen. They started me on pitocin and my antibiotics and all I could do was wait. Me and my fiance were just sitting and talking and we really had no idea what was ahead of us. My mom and sister soon met us at the hospital and we all just sat around and laughed. When the nurse checked me I was dilated 1-2 cm and was about 80% effaced. I didn't have any pain at all, and the pitocin had not kicked in.

Ahmeds mother and sister had soon arrived to the hospital around 2pm, and that is when everyone was acting really silly all sitting around laughing and singing songs. Not much happened until around 6:30pm when they checked me again. I was dilated 5-6cm and that is when they broke my water. I seriously could not beleive how much water there was. I had the full dosage of pitocin and I still was not feeling any contractions at all, although they told me that I was contracting every 1-3 minutes. I finally started feeling some really intense contractions and I decided to get my epidural. The first time the epidural was inserted, it did not take and I could feel every contraction. About a half hour later, the technician had to come back to give me another epidural. I considered giving birth without the epidural since it did not take the first time, but I decided to get the epidural again and have least amount of pain I could have.

Finally around 12:30pm I started to feel some pressure, and I told the nurse. She told me that it may be time for me to start pushing. Although I believe that I started pushing way too early, now I know for the next time I give birth. My nurse wanted me to wait for a contraction to push, and what I now realize is that I did not need her to tell me when to push or even wait for a contraction because when my body was ready, I began pushing almost instinctively. Everyone was screaming with joy telling me they could see the baby's head but that did not mean progress. The nurse put a mirror in front of me and I was able to see the baby's head and they told me to touch his head in order to give me motivation. I was put into about four different positions in order to progress the baby out. He was faced toward the ceiling and they wanted him to be faced toward the floor. I layed on my left side and pushed, I layed on my right side and pushed, I layed on my back, I got on all fours, I even layed on my back with a sheet tied to a bar above me. He finally turned and I could feel that he was ready.

I pushed on and off for two and a half hours, and although I was not in pain at all I was extremely stressed out from hearing the nurses talking about a possible c section. I decided that I was not going to have a c section and I was going to try to prevent it at all costs. Although I was sweating and annoyed I finally told myself that I was going to push for a maximum of five more minutes and he was going to be out. My family was exhausted and so was I. So I concentrated extremely hard and I finally heard everyone screaming telling me that he was almost out. Pushing him out felt absolutely amazing and did not hurt at all. He was born on October 5th, at 3:15am. After I pushed him out the doctor layed him on my chest and I started crying, and telling him how beautiful he was. Ahmed was in tears and came over to me and told me that nothing else in the world mattered to him any longer. We held hands and we cried. Ahmed cut the baby's cord, and they took him over to be cleaned off. He was having some issues with breathing, and I began to pray and I knew that everything was going to be okay. They weighed him and he weighed 7 pounds and 12.5 ounces.

He is absolutely beautiful and I could not ask for a better baby. He only fusses when hes hungry or has a dirty diaper. Otherwise, he just lays in my arms or takes naps. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I cannot be more blessed to have him in my life.

Last edited by michellelove0502; October 24th, 2012 at 08:11 PM.
October 25th, 2012, 03:56 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He is SO adorable!!!! Congrats mama! I'm glad it all went well and you didn't need a C-section! It's all about the motivation
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

October 29th, 2012, 01:54 PM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
So sweet! Thanks for sharing!

October 30th, 2012, 07:14 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
great job getting him out! congrats!
November 7th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
great job!!! you did amazing!
November 27th, 2012, 06:55 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful baby, beautiful story. Congrats.

Sisters, friends forever
November 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Great story, thanks for sharing! I teared up

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search