Milestones

Forum: Moms of Girls

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Eka09M
What are your little girls up to these days???
January 26th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kiera is sitting up, crawling, almost walking(taken a step), says mama da da, ba ba, and la la. She can clap, play patty cake with me, and shake her head no, lol.

January 26th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Eka09M
Brinlee (8 1/2 months) is sitting up, crawling, pulling up, and lets go for a few seconds before falling. She says "da-da" , "ma-ma", and "ba-ba" but I'm not sure she says them with the right meaning. She has 2 teeth and now weighs 16lbs even. She loves to play with the dog, chases her all of the time! Brinlee knows how to share her passy with you if you ask her for it.... its cute!
January 26th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Veteran
My little girl is 7 months old. She can roll from front to back and back to front now and is rolling all over the place. She sits well supported and is almost sitting on her own. She has two front teeth on the bottom and is starting to get more vocal. She is also a little chunker weighing in at 21 pounds already.

January 26th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Veteran
My girl isn't little anymore, she's 9. Her latest thing is the constant complaint that she doesn't have a cell phone. Is that considered a milestone these days Just think what you all have to look forward to!
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04
January 26th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Eka09M
I think its crazy that kids are asking for cell phones that young! My niece was asking for one at the age of 7, yes thats right SEVEN! No way! I think its crazy! I told my dh that Brinlee wasn't getting a cell phone until she had a job (long time from now!) and also she wouldn't be getting her own internet screenname/email address until she was at least in high school. There are too many preditors out there these days. If she needs the computer for school when she gets older she can use our account and be supervised!
January 26th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Veteran
Quote:
I think its crazy that kids are asking for cell phones that young! My niece was asking for one at the age of 7, yes thats right SEVEN! No way! I think its crazy! I told my dh that Brinlee wasn't getting a cell phone until she had a job (long time from now!) and also she wouldn't be getting her own internet screenname/email address until she was at least in high school. There are too many preditors out there these days. If she needs the computer for school when she gets older she can use our account and be supervised![/b]
We gave our DS a cell phone when he entered middle school. That's when she'll get one also. They have so many after school activities, especially when they get older and a cell phone makes it much easier to keep in contact. Both of my older kids have their own computers with internet access. They use the computer almost everyday for schoolwork. I have controls set and look through their histories. So far we've had no problems and they are aware of the online dangers. That's not to say that we won't run into problems as they get older and become a bit more sophisticated. We'll cross that bridge when and if we come to it.
Madeline 9/25/96
Kyle 10/19/04
January 26th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Eka09M
I think the new Amigo phone by Sprint is a great idea!! That might be a possibility because I understand all of the school activities and things of that sort. They need to be able to call when event get over early. As far as the internet goes there will def. be a lot of parental controls... I'm going to be an over-protective parent... I can see it now! LOL
January 26th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via MSN to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via Yahoo to SweetDreamz05
well kyree's smiling, cooing, and she just started using her hands as a pacifier now. lol she's also starting to be a little more alert to sounds and seeing things better.

February 1st, 2006, 03:20 AM
**Mary**'s Avatar mom to Tabby,Kk,Emi & Jay
Send a message via AIM to **Mary** Send a message via Yahoo to **Mary**
Emily is 8 months and she is trying to sit up by herself she can clap and wave bye bye and says it too and says dada and she gives Kisses and Rasberries she is a sweet baby and she just Laughs at you too she is crawling like an inch-worm.

Mary
mom to: Tabitha 9,Katelyn 7,Emily 5,Jay 2 and Natalie Marie (5.31)

February 1st, 2006, 05:34 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, Evelyn is only 4 weeks old so right now she's working on holding up her head and just starting to smile.

February 1st, 2006, 01:55 PM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
lily is 5 weeks old so she is smiling more and working on head control. she is also getting more alert and staring off at things.

talking about cell phones, df and i decided lily will get on once she is in junior high. and about the internet im sure we will use parental controls we just havent discussed it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search