how can i teach her....

Forum: Moms of Girls

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via MSN to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via Yahoo to SweetDreamz05
to hold her head up? kyree hates to be on her belly and i'm trying to teach her to hold her head up right because she's about to be 3 months and i don't want her to be behind on things. lol she can kinda hold her head up right but not really when i hold her. but she likes to put her head on my chest instead of trying. what are some other ways to show her?

January 26th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Eka09M
I don't know that its really something you can "teach" but more of something they start to do as their muscles get stronger. Try to do tummy time with her on a boppy pillow... she may like it better since she wouldn't be flat on her stomach. It will make her a little inclined. Brinlee hated to be on her tummy at first but after using a boppy she learned to love it! As far as you not wanting her to be behind on things, you have to remember that all children are different and do things at different rates. Some babies walk by the time they are 8 or 9 months old and others not until well after their 1st birthday. Don't push her to do things because she will only do them when she wants!
January 26th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Heather1628's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Heather1628 Send a message via Yahoo to Heather1628
Aww hon she will learn it just takes some, all babies are different. Even if she hates her belly if you lay her on it at least 5min a day it will help alot
January 26th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via MSN to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via Yahoo to SweetDreamz05
thanks for the help guys. oh and i'm not making her do it, i juss try to see if she'll lift her head up little by little. if she starts crying or gets fussy i stop. i don't want you guys to think i just leave her there crying. lol i hate to see her cry. thanks again

January 26th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Eka09M
Oh I wasn't implying that at all hun! I remember when Brinlee was that age and she HATED being on her belly... she was a swing baby. She loved her swing! I also wanted Brinlee to be doing this and that but I had to realize that just because so & so's baby was doing doesn't mean that mine is going to be too! Its hard... but its true!!!
January 26th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Veteran
yea thats true. kyree's a swinging baby too. she loves her swing or her chair. hehehe, well thank you for your help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search