Dr. Shettles anyone?

Forum: Moms of Girls

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via MSN to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via Yahoo to SweetDreamz05
i was just curious as to how many of you tried dr. shettles ways of making a girl or boy. and did they work? i've only heard on person tell me that it didn't work for her but alot of other ladies have told me it has. i wanna try it for a boy.

January 26th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I personally haven't tried it,but I know many people that have tried that it has worked for. Mainly if you are trying for a boy. We were going to try this method out,but I got pg. on accident. I am very blessed to have another girl. So she made 3 girls for me.

It is harder to conceive girls by his method I think. Only 1 that I know that his method worked for girl.

GL!
Diana
January 26th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via MSN to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via Yahoo to SweetDreamz05
lol thanks for the tip. are you going to try for a boy or are you done?

January 26th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Veteran
Quote:
i was just curious as to how many of you tried dr. shettles ways of making a girl or boy. and did they work? i've only heard on person tell me that it didn't work for her but alot of other ladies have told me it has. i wanna try it for a boy.[/b]
yep- it worked for us. After our sweet little girl we decided what the heck- we'd try it for a boy. Well, we had 2 boys after that one. We weren't trying for a specific sex after him but i remembered when I was pregnant with my third and fourth I guessed it would be a boy because they both were conceived on the exact day I ovulated and we didn't bd for like a week before that. We're thinking of going for that 2nd girl so we might try it. Whatever happens I know you'll be happy but its just kind of fun to try and see if it works. Goodl luck if you do- I gave my friend the Shettles book- she had 3 girls and wanted to try it and it worked for her - she had a little boy 2 months ago. (after the ultrasound said girl-)
January 26th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Veteran
lol thats cool. i hope it does work for me. do you get the book anywhere? how much is it?

January 26th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Veteran
Quote:
lol thats cool. i hope it does work for me. do you get the book anywhere? how much is it?[/b]
A friend of mine gave me a copy. Its called How to choose the sex of your Baby by Landrum Shettles, M.D. and David Rorvik. Mine is a paperback and the price on the back says 12.00 I don't know if they have a newer version. , but if you have a Barnes and Noble- they have it in the pregnancy section. I saw it there when I was buying the what to expect book for my friend. Hope you find it- your dh will probably like "trying " for the boy- positions- I know mine did . Best of luck and have fun

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search