Mom and MIL issues

Forum: Moms of Girls

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via MSN to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via Yahoo to SweetDreamz05
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">OMG my mom can drive me crazy sometimes!! well dh, the baby, and i are living with her for a while because we just moved from orlando. so we're staying with her till we get on our feet. well i love my mom and all, but she just won't let me raise my daughter!!! everything i do she's always, "feed her this, put this on her, stop doing that, blah blah blah." lol UGH! and then she'll do things behind my back because she knows i don't like it like when my mom takes kyree a bath, i watch her because my mom likes to put TOO much perfume and baby powder and then she'll put HER HAIR OILS ON MY BABY'S HAIR?!?! she KNOWS i hate that because you don't put adult hair products on a baby?! and she does it because she says "her hair is too dry. don't worry, its going to make it better. we use it" she's driving me off the walls and i can't take it anymore!

then there's my WICKED MIL! hahaha, well she's dh's STEP mother so not really my MIL but is. lol she's the worst! me and her just can't get along! she's the type who likes to put people through guilt trips. SHE LOVES to do that! and then everything HAS to be her way! if not then she'll put you through the guilt trip. but it doesn't work for me because i just don't feel bad at all because i know she's just putting up an act. and that makes her mad. lol and she's not supportive at all! like one day, i was i think 2 or 3 months preg. and i started to bleed alot. so i called dh's dad to let him know i was going to the ER and she picks up. so i tell her the story and you know what she says?!?! "oh well if you don't have it then it wasn't meant to be. you guys are too young any ways." she doesn't say "i hope everythings okay" she says that. and the reason why she says that is because she can't have babies. well don't take it out on me woman. it isn't my fault?! OMG HOW RUDE IS SHE??? i couldn't believe it. i just wanted to hang up on her. but instead i didn't wanna stoop down to her level so i just said "ok thanks for the help, i have to go cuz i'm driving" well me and her got in a fight one day cuz i was so tired of her trying to make me feel bad even though it didn't work so we haven't talked for like a month or so which is GREAT!! LOL

well i feel better. sorry i just needed to vent a little. hehehe, thanks for listening. and sorry it was so long </span>

January 28th, 2006, 08:07 PM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
wow. i feel for you. how much longer will you have to be living with your mom? i hope its not too long. i dont kno what it is with the older generation but they wont let us do it for ourselves...they have to take over.

and about your mother in law, i dont kno what to say exept im sorry that she is so rude and you have to deal with that! and maybe it is a good thing that you havent talked to her...maybe this will be a somewhat permanent thing.

January 28th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via MSN to SweetDreamz05 Send a message via Yahoo to SweetDreamz05
lol yea i hope so with the MIL thing. i'm hoping that we won't be here too much longer. we've been raising some money and doin' pretty good so we should be able to get an apt. in a month or so. hopefully sooner! lol. thanks for listening.

January 29th, 2006, 08:20 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
no prob! im in a similar situation where im living with my parents as my df saves money so we can move back in together. so i kno what its like to have people telling me how to raise my daughter and since df doesnt live with me its even harder on me.

i hope you get your new apartment soon and that mil doesnt get your number

January 30th, 2006, 07:53 AM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
I feel your pain! My MIL tends to drive me insane sometimes too. I know she is really gonna bother me once the new baby comes. She used to get on me all the time about not coming to see her enough when Lyric was born. She lived in Tampa, we lived in Orlando and I was working full time and going to school full time. She on the other didn't do a ###### thing and had way more opportunities to come visit us. She always tries the guilt trip crap though and it drives me crazy! This time she is lives in Orlando now, so I'm sure she is expecting me to bring the baby over all the time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search