TV

Forum: Moms of Girls

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2006, 06:37 AM
Eka09M
Do you let your child/children watch TV? If so, do you monitor what they watch? What are their favorite programs? How much TV do they watch per day? Do they have a TV in their bedroom?

How about yourself? How much TV do you watch per day? What are your favorite programs?

Brinlee doesn't really watch tv. I mean I will put it on cartoons while she is playing but I hardly ever see her watching it. I don't think I'm going to be totally against her watching TV but I will definitly monitor what she watches and not let her watch the TV all day long. Most of the time the TV is on Disney Playhouse with JoJo's Circus, The Doodlebops and Higglytown Heros. The only time I really see her eyes go to the TV is when there is a song on. She loves music!

As far as I go, haha... I watch a lot of TV I guess you would say... maybe not as much as others. I always watch Regis & Kelly in the morning, Days Of Our Lives in the afternoon, and in the evening I have my favorite programs that come on once a week... Mondays consist of 7th Heaven (until its over) on WB and Real World on MTV. Tuesdays I watch Gilmore Girls on WB and Meet the Barkers on MTV. Wednesdays and Thursdays I usually just find something to watch. Fridays consist of What I Like About You and Reba on WB. I'm sure I watch a lot more that this but these are the shows that I love to watch!
February 1st, 2006, 07:29 AM
Mom2_3mb4's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Mom2_3mb4
Since its just Sierra at home during the day she watches alot of tv. The thing is that she's a good multi-tasker and is always doing other stuff while watching tv...LOL!

We do monitor what the girls watch. There are certain shows we don't let them watch. Its hard though cause the older 2 are 12 & 9 and don't like to watch what the 3 year old watches. But we have 3 tvs so there isn't too much fighting.

I watch alot of tv as well. Mostly I have it on for the noise I find it too quiet without it on. I have tons of favorite shows....LOL!
February 1st, 2006, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Isabel watches TV, but I monitor what she watches. She usually watches Dora, Diego, Blue's Clues, and Sesame Street. She also plays while she watches TV, so she is not just camped out in front of the TV rotting her brain. lol Her favorite show is Blue's Clues.

I watch TV as well. My favorite programs are Survivor, ER, 7th Heaven, Scrubs, andn CSI. Those are the only ones that I really HAVE to catch.

None of us have a TV in our bedroom though. The only TV we have is in the living room.

February 1st, 2006, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The boys have a TV in their bedroom and its on about 1/2 thd day while they are playing (I make them turn it off while we are doing activities). Since I have had the baby they have been watching more than usual. I only let them watch PBS, Play House Disney and Some Nick Jr. Fav shows are Dora, Go Diego Go, Jo Jo's Circus, Higley Town Heros, J J the Jet plane.

I always have the tv on more for back ground. During the day I try and watch Tyra, Kelly and Regis, and Days of our lives. I also love the MTV reality shows and since the new ones always come on late I like to watch them during the day (The Gauntlet, Meet the Barkers, and the Real World). At night we use our DVR alot. I like American Idol, One Tree Hill, Survivor, Wife Swap, Las Vegas, The Office, Amazing Race, Scrubs. We also watch alot of the discovery channel.
February 1st, 2006, 09:29 AM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Carissa could care less about the TV. But it is on so Christopher and watch his shows... Dora, Diego, Blues Clues...
February 1st, 2006, 10:41 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, Evelyn watches by default if we have it on

The boys watch Noggin or Sprout (PBS kids shows) and that's about it. They typically watch for a half hour on weeknights while we make dinner. On the weekends they can have the TV on until after lunch then it goes off for the day.

We don't watch too much TV, but we always watch Americal Idol and House. During the day I watch TLC or HGTV to keep me company while I'm home on maternity leave and Evelyn is sleeping.

February 1st, 2006, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lyssiesmom Send a message via Yahoo to lyssiesmom
My oldest does watch tv but its usually the disney channel or our own movies and its usually for at least 3 hrs a day and then off to playing and i dont watch tv until after 7 when all my shows are on then off to bed so all day is house chores adn computer and taking care of the girls

Thank you Amy for my beautiful siggy
February 1st, 2006, 10:49 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you let your child/children watch TV? Yes, my older 2.

If so, do you monitor what they watch? Yes I do. There are certain shows/cartoons I think are geered more for adult audiences and just not right for kids.
What are their favorite programs? My dd Caitlyn loves Raven, Suite life of Zack & Cody, Phil of the future, pretty much all the disney shows and movies. My ds Matthew loves, spongebob, scooby doo, fairly odd parents, both kids like those shows.
How much TV do they watch per day? Hmm I'm not sure, maybe a couple of hours wothr.
Do they have a TV in their bedroom? Yes

How about yourself? How much TV do you watch per day? I'm not home during the day, but at night, I watch TV from the time I sit down to eat dinner til I go to bed.
What are your favorite programs? CSI, Survivor, According to Jim. Meet the barkers, HGTV and the Food channels too.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

February 1st, 2006, 01:52 PM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
lily's a little bit too young to watch tv but im sure when she is old enough we will be watching alot of pbs (seame street etc) and nick jr.

df and i are movie buffs so when there is nothing on we make good use of those cable movie channels! shows we love to watch are wwe wrestling, house, csi, law & order, and various documentaries on cable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search