In The Kitchen

Forum: Moms of Girls

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2006, 08:54 AM
Eka09M
In your house, who does the cooking? You or your SO/DH? How often do you make a meal? Does your family sit down and eat together at the table or do you just eat whenever or eat in front of the TV? What kind of things do you like to make? Would your family consider the "cook" to be a good one?

I normally do all of the cooking, unless I'm not feeling well and then we just pick something up or order pizza! My husband can cook... but I'm picky and like things done my way! I cook dinner 4 or 5 nights a week, whenever my husband is off work or gets off early (other nights he works until 9:30 and I just make something small for myself). We sit down at the table in our dining room and eat together. I want this to continue when our children are growing up as well. Most of the things I make for dinner have chicken in them. Matt says I'm a great cook!!
February 1st, 2006, 09:17 AM
HotMama84's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to HotMama84 Send a message via Yahoo to HotMama84
In your house, who does the cooking?:: I live with my son's dad's parents, so usually my son's grandma cooks.

How often do you make a meal?:: Before I moved here, my ex used to cook most of the meals and I would about twice a week.

Does your family sit down and eat together at the table or do you just eat whenever or eat in front of the TV?:: Here, it's eat whenever and usually at the table but not always together.

What kind of things do you like to make?:: I like to make spaghetti, ghoulash(sp), pizza, and lasagna. I am big on Italian food!!!

Would your family consider the "cook" to be a good one?:: Yes, I think so.
February 1st, 2006, 09:19 AM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lately I have been doing more cooking but Dh is a much better cook. Since our table is full of everything that should not be on it we haven't been eating at it. We have been eating in front of the TV with the trays.

Once the table is back to normal hopefully maybe even today we will start eating at it again...
February 1st, 2006, 09:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh and I both cook but I would have to say he does it more so than me. If he is going to be working late (past 5pm) then I will cook otherwise he likes to come home and cook. We try and all sit at the table but it can be hard w/three young kids.
We make alot of things, dh is mexican so we eat alot of mexican dishes (tacos, enchiladas, chile, posole). We also like to grill alot and I love making casseroles. We cook about 5-6 days a week.
February 1st, 2006, 10:36 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH is the cook in our house and he's a great one! I would say we make pretty traditional meals, chicken, meatloaf, pizza, etc. We usually eat as a family and at the table, but sometimes that varies. There are nights when we get the boys fed and then we have a different meal for us later on. On nights that the boys are with their father we usually eat in front of the computer! We run a photography business so we use Sunday nights to catch up on the business since we just have the baby at home then
February 1st, 2006, 10:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lyssiesmom Send a message via Yahoo to lyssiesmom
I usually do the cooking and so far no complaints we usually eat 4-5 times a week at home until the fride is empty then we do go out for dinner at least 2 nights a wk

Thank you Amy for my beautiful siggy
February 1st, 2006, 10:45 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In your house, who does the cooking? You or your SO/DH?
Most of the time I do. Sometimes DH will make Burritos/Tacos or grilled cheese sandwiches.

How often do you make a meal? 3-4 times a week. BOth Dh and I work outside the home, most of the time we're too tired to cook. So its pizza or taco bell at least once a week. Or sometimes we have a "fend" night, where dh and I fend for ourselves, but make sure the kids are fed too...lol.

Does your family sit down and eat together at the table or do you just eat whenever or eat in front of the TV?
1/2 and 1/2. Sometimes we eat at the table and sometimes we eat in front of the TV.

What kind of things do you like to make? Whatever is easiest. I hate to cook.

Would your family consider the "cook" to be a good one? I dont know, probably, otherwise they dont eat...lol.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

February 1st, 2006, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In your house, who does the cooking? Me most of the time, but DH does cook every oncein a while

How often do you make a meal? : Well, we used to cook every night, but lately we have eaten out a lot out of convenience because DH's schedule changed. We are going to get back in the habit of cooking every night though.

Does your family sit down and eat together at the table or do you just eat whenever or eat in front of the TV? Well, since we don't have a table, we all eat together in the living room

What kind of things do you like to make? A little bit of everything I guess: soups, chili, meat with potatoes and a vegetable, sometimes Italian, sometimes Mexican, just depends on our mood

Would your family consider the "cook" to be a good one?: Yes, DH says I am a good cook, and Isabel eats the food, so I guess she thinks it's good. When DH cooks, it is usually only a few special things he does like on the grill in the summer and chili in the winter and it is always very good.

February 1st, 2006, 01:33 PM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
In your house, who does the cooking? df and i split it up
How often do you make a meal? usually 3-4 times a week, df takes over the rest, unless im not feeling well and he'll cook for me
Does your family sit down and eat together at the table or do you just eat whenever or eat in front of the TV?we do have a kitchen table but we got so used to eating in front of the tv, we do that. now that lily is here i want it to be more family style.
What kind of things do you like to make? i was raised in a traditional italian american household so alot of italian dishes, but i also love international cuisine. some of my specialities are homemade falafel, fondue, fajitas, quiches and fritattas etc etc mike makes killer lasagna.
Would your family consider the "cook" to be a good one? we both are great cooks, though we fight over who is better

February 1st, 2006, 01:39 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
In your house, who does the cooking? You or your SO/DH?
I do most of the time... but Dh is always willing to help out

How often do you make a meal? I cook 4 nights a week, dh works evenings mondays thru wednesdays, so we make it a point to eat together on the nights he has off
Does your family sit down and eat together at the table or do you just eat whenever or eat in front of the TV?
we sit down at the table all of time... its really important to me to sit down as a family

What kind of things do you like to make? dh would love steak and potatoes everynight... i'm more of a pasta woman myself... so we like to mix it up
Would your family consider the "cook" to be a good one? hmmm, dh is a great cook and i can't say that i've ever had any complaints either.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search