craigslist post...

Forum: Moms of Girls

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i was just randomly looking at the baby section on craigslist..i usually just go there because i get bored and see what people are posting..anyways i seen this post...It makes me sad..not just for the kids she has now but for the one on the way also shes a single mommy..in awhile i kinda wanna go out and buy something small for the children but its craigslist and you just never know who you are coming in contact with..xmas is about giving/helping right? maybe ill show brendan..

I posted once before but really got no response for my children and with christmas so close i thought i would try once more.I am a single mother of three and one on the way nest year.My children deserve to see that santa came this year.Last year.I have not worked in over a year and this year i am not able to really give them the christmas they deserve.Please email me if you are willing to help adopt my family.They could use toys or clothes or even a gift card.Anything helps.I would just love to see them open presents on christmas day.I have a 7 year old boy a 6 year old girl and an 18 month old boy.Happy hoildays and god bless

December 15th, 2009, 10:15 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I HATE those kinds of posts! Well...I hate that you never know if they're real or not. Maybe that's horribly cynical of me, but you know, anyone can post anything on Craigslist. If it's for real, I hope she finds someone to help her. Show Brendan and pray about it...if she is for real, it would be SO sweet of you to do a little something for the children.
December 15th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
My gut instinct is that this person is fake. If she really needed help there are a TON of legit places that would make sure her kids got something for Christmas. Sorry if that's evil of me but there are WAAAAAAAAAAAY too many scammers out there and this is the perfect time of year to prey on people's generosity.
December 15th, 2009, 10:47 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As sad as it sounds, I agree with Melanie. If she's really hurting, there are places that would adopt her children and give them presents. I'm sure any church would. Do you know anyone who could check her out?

If you want to help someone, don't most malls have those adopt and angel tree? You can do the same thing for someone and KNOW it's legit.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
December 15th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Loving My Piglets
they have angel trees you could pick someone off there and know your stuff is going to someone who really needs it, you never know with this craigs list if its just a fake to get extra stuff to sell on

R (10) 24.04.06 - our little angel
R (9) 07.06.07
L (8) 05.06.08
L (6) 26.04.10
C (3) 15.02.13

December 15th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think they are fake I found this one on craiglist too.

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows of any organization in the covina area,
that could help out with a christmas present for my 7 year old daughter and 17 year
old son. After years of donating to salvation army, I called them for help and they said
I missed registration by 1 day, and could not help me nor refer me to any agencies or churches.
My husband recently got hurt and cant work, I have applied everywhere for work,
even fast food restuarants, walmart etc. I have a degree in accounting but cannot find work.
The unemployment rate is just too high. I have never had to ask for anything, but I can barely
feed and clothe my children. I have contacted every church and they cant help either,
I have heard of the adopt a family program. Times I guess are too hard. I am willing to
work or volunteer to get my children a present. I am more concerned about my 7 year old
it would break her heart to not have a Christmas present. My son would understand,
We are currently living day to day in a motel. Any referrals or suggestions
or help or work would mean the world to me, I can't break my baby girls heart.
I appreciate you taking the time to read this. And if you can't help,
I understand and god bless you and your family.
December 15th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
How about this one from freecycle:

Quote:
I want to get something nice for a friend of mine for Christmas and being a
single mom it is hard to do that, especially when I got laid off of work in
November and we were just able to start unemployment procedures. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. I know that he likes video games and stuff so this is
the best thing that I can think of. Also if anyone has a pink Nintendo DS I am
looking for one of those for myself. Thannk you.
December 15th, 2009, 06:04 PM
hopesNdreams's Avatar Proud BF'ing Mama!!!
Wow, Now that one Mel sounded sooooooooo fake...Even picking the colors Some of them do make you wonder and if its true its soo sad! But its true, there are soo many places out there now that help, i just pray for all the less fortunate out there that dont have a good Christmas..But i am happy that my girls know not to expect too much and understand that Christmas is not only about presents, but about Jesus birthday and the love of family..I think you have to teach them at a young age, in case of a situation that Christmas one year might not be as good My heart goes out to anyone in that situation!

December 16th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
That is sad. I hope it is not fake.

December 16th, 2009, 10:41 AM
mommy_tu_2's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy_tu_2 Send a message via Yahoo to mommy_tu_2
i would email her and ask for a phone number or something

or maybe you could find a church in her area that can help and email her the number.

idk if you are christian or not, but this is how i look at things like that: if its real and you send something you are helping a family, if its fake and you send something God will not overlook your generosity.

Personally, I would send something if I were financially able. and I would not worry about whether or not its legit. I mean, your sending toys and clothes, not jewelry and money, why would someone ask for toys and clothes if they were trying to scam someone?

Thank so much to Benevolent for my beautiful siggy!!! <3

December 16th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Chea.Mo's Avatar The Exception
i would ask her if there was any way you could meet her and her family and drop off a couple of gifts.
<3
The future has some big shoes for you to fill,
though you may not remember these moments;
Mommy always will
December 16th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We always adopt a family at work, and I get one of those angels off the tree at the mall...I want to help people out, but I can undersatnd just sending gifts to people that posted an ad is kind of hard even when you are in the giving/helping spirit. I hope if these are all real that they get help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search